General Bombers Talk 2023 Jumper Leaked

Remove this Banner Ad

I miss the lace up ! I myself have a lace up. My dear old Dad purchased it for myself at the pricely sum of $34.00. I have lost the lace (which would be easily replaceable)
It has been through the wash many times, the red sash is now pink ! Which would probably suit one of the afls , wokey, let’s love everything rounds ! I have been offered several sums into the three figures for this ripping piece of ESSENDON .
No go, I’ll probably be buried in it
I was nominated as God Father the day after the 1993 grand final. I had not slept. I showed up to the church. My wife wanted to strangle me. I fulfilled my god father duties in the lace up !
My wife’s family loved it. My wife and my Mum not so enamoured.

Red jumper, black sash, but with a very thin red line through the middle of the black sash. Is there anything saying how wide it must be to satisfy the 'sash' part?

We get a proper clash jumper, while keeping with the constitution of the club.

Red jumper, black sash, but with a very thin red line through the middle of the black sash. Is there anything saying how wide it must be to satisfy the 'sash' part?

We get a proper clash jumper, while keeping with the constitution of the club.
Compromise means that everyone is unhappy.

The constitution needs to be changed and this club needs to start embracing the future instead of using "tradition" as an anchor to cling to the past. They've already capitulated with the hideous red/grey jumpers, all they are doing with this red sash nonsense is costing us an opportunity to be a leader in away/clash jumper designs.

Compromise means that everyone is unhappy.

The constitution needs to be changed and this club needs to start embracing the future instead of using "tradition" as an anchor to cling to the past. They've already capitulated with the hideous red/grey jumpers, all they are doing with this red sash nonsense is costing us an opportunity to be a leader in away/clash jumper designs.
I'm as progressive as the next person but just because you can change something doesn't mean you should. Tradition has a place, and in this case it's not just tradition it's a matter of identity too. What is this club if not fighter planes, black jumper & red sash, the Windy Hill precinct?

Would you even recognise the club's greatest ever players if they weren't wearing the jumper?

I'm as progressive as the next person but just because you can change something doesn't mean you should. Tradition has a place, and in this case it's not just tradition it's a matter of identity too. What is this club if not fighter planes, black jumper & red sash, the Windy Hill precinct?

Would you even recognise the club's greatest ever players if they weren't wearing the jumper?

Would you find the club suddenly unrecognisable and unsupportable if their clash jumper was red with a black sash?

Would you find the club suddenly unrecognisable and unsupportable if their clash jumper was red with a black sash?
The current players, no, but that's also me you're talking about. I'd recognise them in casual clothes on the street.

Ever tried going to the pub when Carlton are playing Melbourne and Carlton is wearing a predominantly white guernsey? Most of the room have no idea who the teams are (unless the pub happens to be in Lygon Street).

Then if you gave kids photos of Jobe Watson in a red or grey jumper from a decade ago, they wouldn't know who it was either. In a black jumper with a red sash, they'd instantly know that it was at least an Essendon player. Any other combination is questionable.

Honestly you could give me a photo of the 2000 premiership team and if they weren't clearly labelled as the 2000 premiers and wearing Essendon guernseys, I'd recognise maybe half a dozen at most.

The current players, no, but that's also me you're talking about. I'd recognise them in casual clothes on the street.

Ever tried going to the pub when Carlton are playing Melbourne and Carlton is wearing a predominantly white guernsey? Most of the room have no idea who the teams are (unless the pub happens to be in Lygon Street).

Then if you gave kids photos of Jobe Watson in a red or grey jumper from a decade ago, they wouldn't know who it was either. In a black jumper with a red sash, they'd instantly know that it was at least an Essendon player. Any other combination is questionable.

Honestly you could give me a photo of the 2000 premiership team and if they weren't clearly labelled as the 2000 premiers and wearing Essendon guernseys, I'd recognise maybe half a dozen at most.
I'm sorry but you can't actually be serious.

A white jumper with the Carlton logo and most of the room don't know its Carlton? Is this pub in outback Queensland?

I'm sorry but you can't actually be serious.

A white jumper with the Carlton logo and most of the room don't know its Carlton? Is this pub in outback Queensland?
You can't be either, if you think AFL is found on televisions in pubs in outback Queensland.

I'm talking about an average night, middle of the H&A season, average pub anywhere in Victoria, a few 30" TV screens on the walls with the sound low or off. Most people in the room eating bistro food with family or friends, mixed age, mixed gender. Bunch of kids wondering between their parents and a kids room where there's some old Disney movie and a few colouring sheets with broken crayons. Maybe a big table behind you singing happy birthday to grandma. Some sort of annoying keno thing or raffle ticket draws over the loud speaker every 10-15 minutes if you're unlucky.

You can't be either, if you think AFL is found on televisions in pubs in outback Queensland.

I'm talking about an average night, middle of the H&A season, average pub anywhere in Victoria, a few 30" TV screens on the walls with the sound low or off. Most people in the room eating bistro food with family or friends, mixed age, mixed gender. Bunch of kids wondering between their parents and a kids room where there's some old Disney movie and a few colouring sheets with broken crayons. Maybe a big table behind you singing happy birthday to grandma. Some sort of annoying keno thing or raffle ticket draws over the loud speaker every 10-15 minutes if you're unlucky.
I've watched footy in a pub outback Queensland. 🤣

I'll be amazed if at any pub in Victoria the majority don't know the teams are Melbourne and Carlton playing just because Carltons wearing its alternate strip.

I've watched footy in a pub outback Queensland. 🤣
pics or it didn't happen
I'll be amazed if at any pub in Victoria the majority don't know the teams are Melbourne and Carlton playing just because Carltons wearing its alternate strip.
Obviously most Victorians would recognise the logo in a close-up, front-on photo... not so much when you turn on the TV and see this:

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 15.44.16.png Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 15.08.42.png 424409_ll-3587900819.jpeg Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 15.51.56.png Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 15.44.41.png Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 15.58.36.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pics or it didn't happen

Obviously most Victorians would recognise the logo in a close-up, front-on photo... not so much when you turn on the TV and see this:

View attachment 1555663View attachment 1555664View attachment 1555665View attachment 1555667View attachment 1555662View attachment 1555671

Lucky the proposal was a red jumper with a black sash eh....

"I go for Essendon"

"Which team is that?"

"The black and red one"

"There's a red and black jumper on TV, who's that?"

Didn't realise TV's showed still images :D
They don’t, but if you look at the TV in that moment you don’t know what you’re looking at, which was the point.

I was actually referring to still photos before the Carlton on a pub TV tangent anyway. Iconic photograph of a mark, kick, tackle, whatever, in some ambiguous jumper.

They don’t, but if you look at the TV in that moment you don’t know what you’re looking at, which was the point.

I was actually referring to still photos before the Carlton on a pub TV tangent anyway. Iconic photograph of a mark, kick, tackle, whatever, in some ambiguous jumper.
I do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back