News 2024 Clash Jumper Leaked

Remove this Banner Ad

img20231109131717-jpg.1849154

Don't mind the double sash.

HATE the red sponsor box.

Back says "Airstage", a type of Fujitsu technology.

Safe to assume there will be another sponsor joining to replace Amart.

img20231109131717-jpg.1849154

Don't mind the double sash.

HATE the red sponsor box.

Back says "Airstage", a type of Fujitsu technology.

Safe to assume there will be another sponsor joining to replace Amart.
I've always wanted a red jumper with a black sash as our clash jumper, this is as close as we will get it.

Don't mind it.

Who decides this stuff anyway? Seems like the kind of thing made for a member vote since they're the ones that will be expected to fork over cash for it.
Probably the same dickheads that think women don't count as players and therefore don't have to wear red sashes under the club constitution.

Apparently they only wore the club's home kit three times in 10 games this year, and even that isn't a sash, it's a stripe.

If the club allows us to vote to change that constitution rule about the sash and you vote no, you're a bum. This is hideous and that stupid rule should've been fixed long ago.
yep either honour it or delete it. I doubt the blokes who wrote the constitution would look at this jumper and think "Essendon" anyway.

Better than the all red jumper imo
I feel like a frog in a pot of tepid water that's slowly getting warmer

They've slowly eradicated the black jumper by turning it from black to fat sash to grey with black writing all over it, and then red with writing and plain red.

Now they've gone to fat train tracks... presumably the next step is to go with a black sash that has red cursive as the sash, and then dark red cursive, and then ditch the writing, just like they did when they wanted to change the colour of the jumper 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like a frog in a pot of tepid water that's slowly getting warmer

They've slowly eradicated the black jumper by turning it from black to fat sash to grey with black writing all over it, and then red with writing and plain red.

Now they've gone to fat train tracks... presumably the next step is to go with a black sash that has red cursive as the sash, and then dark red cursive, and then ditch the writing, just like they did when they wanted to change the colour of the jumper 🙄
Well it’s not like they have much to work with, considering the dumb constitution rule where every jumper has to have a red sash. Imagine what clash jumpers they could come up with if that wasn’t the case. (Given that clash jumpers have to not feature a large amount of black)

Do we know when the constitution was done? It says AFL premiership season on it and that name has only been around since 1990.
2000, right after that flag and right before we sold our souls so we didn't bust the salary cap?

I think there must have been a constitution before that though, as I'm pretty sure all registered organisations have one in order to determine the election of board members and appointment of treasurers and controlling shares and stuff. Unless we weren't a registered organisation before that 🤔

It also gets amended every so often;

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 22.24.16.png

And yeah, it says "AFL Premiership Season", but it also says "must be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of the AFL", which is a bit ambiguous, since it could mean either "this uniform applies in all matches governed by the AFL" (which the AFLW is a league governed by the AFL) or as "this uniform must be worn in accordance with the AFL's rules" (in which case, we should just wear red with a black sash and be done with it, since the AFL could direct us to do so).

Come to think of it, it also says white or black shorts. The girls have had red ones this season and obviously the men wore red ones some decades ago too.

I think some smartarses have also read it as "black jumper or [unspecified colour] Guernsey".

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 22.13.57.png

The next section about home grounds is also notable, in relation to both the mens and women's teams (since they don't share a home ground and I don't think there's been a board meeting to approve anything of the sort).

Well it’s not like they have much to work with, considering the dumb constitution rule where every jumper has to have a red sash. Imagine what clash jumpers they could come up with if that wasn’t the case. (Given that clash jumpers have to not feature a large amount of black)
I'd be happy to borrow the swans' old jumper; white with a red sash (with train tracks, if we must). You don't even need to mess with the constitution to do it...

I think what the AFL really needs to do is get rid of the 'white shorts = away' rule. Once upon a time the shorts were from belly button to kneecap with their guernseys tucked in, so it was a majority white away kit. These days it seems to produce more clashes than it solves, particularly if we play away to StK or GWS.

Put both teams in their regular kits and if they clash, then the away team can either put on different shorts or change to a full clash kit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back