List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
If those are the options I'm going against the grain (i.e. forwards) and taking the Chad. The only way I could enjoy his smug smile would be at Freo.
I’d probably take the Chad out of those 3 too. He was very good in the GF in a losing team - something I am always a big fan of, sign of a player with strong character.

It allows Amiss to come in and play. Develop him with adequate cover from Tabs, Jackson, Fyfe, Treacy.

Lobb spoke himself up as he’s a 70+ goal power forward. He ll be rucking for Bulldogs and not the target. Be stupid of Bevo to not develop Darcy, JUH, Naughton at the behest of a 30 year old. Stefan Martin leaves could mean Darcy plays ruck ahead of softie Lobb to suit him, but really shouldn’t.

The club should definitely look for McDonald and probably are given Tabs’ age and injuries. Any tall WA forwards are gold. Believe that’s the only missing puzzle for Fremantle. Treacy could very well surprise and mature. He’s only young. Sturt as well. There is lots of positives about the forward line. Just has to have that chemistry.
Given Sturt's history - both fitness and form - he'd be odds on to never make it as an AFL player (let alone become our messiah in the forward line). But here's hoping.

I think you should add Darcy Fogerty into that list.
But it’s taken 4 years of development to show something.
People need to be patient with forwards.
Brander is the one with the ?
No amount of time is going to help his game.Absolute bust.
Darcy Fogarty at the crows?

Solid forward. He was a 1st rounder the year he was drafted. Why would the crows trade him now?

Darcy Fogarty at the crows?

Solid forward. He was a 1st rounder the year he was drafted. Why would the crows trade him now?
People were talking about the next young forwards, KP’s, to break out.
McDonald, etc, and Fogarty is worth a mention.
Logan, Gorgeiades, are obvious WA talent that could be a trade option?
But in a couple of years who will be top shelf or just handy?
Redo their draft years and it makes for interesting reading.
Brander for me is the biggest disappointment, Chol probably the diamond in
the rough, but it took 5 years to get there.
We may already have a couple of contenders on our list, but Freo supporters
are always looking afar.
I think Naughton has come out of the block the quickest?

are always looking afar.

Naughton, King twins, Curnow, McKay …

That’s the best 25 and under.

Already taking over from Hawkins, Cameron, Franklin etc

are always looking afar.
I'm hoping we don't need a big trade. Jackson, Amiss and Treacy is a decent core in development. Knobel I'm hoping creates some selection discussion as a forward, but Kuek and Draper seem to have some spark too.

People hate on Chol but I think he's quality. 200cm tall, good on the lead, decent contested grab, kicks straight and is still dangerous on the deck. What a steal
Was keen on him and wished Fremantle went after Wright as well. Just need mature agers as adequate 30 goal cover. That's all Fremantle need.

I'm hoping we don't need a big trade. Jackson, Amiss and Treacy is a decent core in development. Knobel I'm hoping creates some selection discussion as a forward, but Kuek and Draper seem to have some spark too.
Yes - the players that can play tall forward on our list are:
  1. Taberner (198cm)
  2. Jackson (200cm)
  3. Amiss (195cm)
  4. Treacy (193cm)
  5. Kuek (201cm)
  6. Knobel (207cm)
  7. Draper (197cm)
  8. Reidy (204cm)
  9. Benning (195cm)

Not to mention medium forwards in Corbett (190cm), Sturt (188cm) and Emmett (187cm).

That's a lot. Let's just seen how they go this season first and make an assessment as to where that lot are before trying to trade another in.

I think the small forward position is much more of a need the next time around, especially when you consider that Colyer is probably towards the end of his career as is Walters.

Yes - the players that can play tall forward on our list are:
  1. Taberner (198cm)
  2. Jackson (200cm)
  3. Amiss (195cm)
  4. Treacy (193cm)
  5. Kuek (201cm)
  6. Knobel (207cm)
  7. Draper (197cm)
  8. Reidy (204cm)
  9. Benning (195cm)

Not to mention medium forwards in Corbett (190cm), Sturt (188cm) and Emmett (187cm).

That's a lot. Let's just seen how they go this season first and make an assessment as to where that lot are before trying to trade another in.

I think the small forward position is much more of a need the next time around, especially when you consider that Colyer is probably towards the end of his career as is Walters.
Think you’re selling Treacy a bit short, listed as 195 on the club website, Jackson is listed at 199.
Agree we have plenty of tall options up forward.

Think you’re selling Treacy a bit short, listed as 195 on the club website, Jackson is listed at 199.
You’d expect Peel’s forward line to be the best in the business.
Then you look all around the ground and it doesn’t stop.
If this is the case then Freo are in good shape as a club.
I think the alignment works better than what the Beagles are doing.
The rules for finals has been adjusted so there shouldn’t be too many
complaints, having both teams playing in September should be the goal.

Sturt listed at 190cm. When he played alongside Amiss at Peel, he didn’t look too much shorter. I still classify him and Corbett as medium talls in the modern game but they are both similar height to Jack Darling (191cm).

There was no way Peter Wright was heading west. Whilst he was a salary dump he wanted to go home to Vic.

I like Chol and wouldn’t have cost much. Well done GC on that one.

Our forward line is a work in progress. I’m expecting a year of development but there is enough talent in our f50 to kick winning scores. We need more availability from Tabs to offset loss of Lobb. We also need to invest game time into Amiss. The benefit will be 2024 and beyond.

I feel Corbett and Sturt can replace Logue, who lets be honest did a serviceable job but never really looked comfortable as a forward.

My opinion only but I’m not holding out great hopes for Benning and Kuek. I’m happy to be told otherwise, and I reserve full judgement until after a few WAFL games but they are both a long way off AFL.

Sturt listed at 190cm. When he played alongside Amiss at Peel, he didn’t look too much shorter. I still classify him and Corbett as medium talls in the modern game but they are both similar height to Jack Darling (191cm).

There was no way Peter Wright was heading west. Whilst he was a salary dump he wanted to go home to Vic.

I like Chol and wouldn’t have cost much. Well done GC on that one.

Our forward line is a work in progress. I’m expecting a year of development but there is enough talent in our f50 to kick winning scores. We need more availability from Tabs to offset loss of Lobb. We also need to invest game time into Amiss. The benefit will be 2024 and beyond.

I feel Corbett and Sturt can replace Logue, who lets be honest did a serviceable job but never really looked comfortable as a forward.

My opinion only but I’m not holding out great hopes for Benning and Kuek. I’m happy to be told otherwise, and I reserve full judgement until after a few WAFL games but they are both a long way off AFL.
I think Sturt has this year to break out, or request a trade back to VIC.
Banfield was getting picked before him, so it’s more than just talent.
We need to lock the ball into the forward line and Sturt needs to lift his
intensity without the ball.
The competition for medium talls Corbett, Emmett, even Erasmus, Johnson
will be looking to break into any spot available.
Other clubs medium talls only highlighted our lack of quality, with the Cats, Pies
and Dees player leading the way. While we played too short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No club will trade for Sturt UNLESS he has a break out year. It's break out year or delist, not trade
Agreed - someone might bite as DFA but he is on a one year contract and won’t be a trade option. Break out year prob a bit strong - I think if he plays 12 plus games and contributes decently then he would likely get an extension.

Sturt's career in purple will sadly be done at year's end IMO, I hope I am proved wrong but the inclusion of Amiss and Corbett kind of just put a line through his name IMO.

Sturt just needs Gametime in the big league, will prove all of you wrong
I don’t think anyone’s really disputing that. The doubts are about whether he will actually be given the game time to prove everyone wrong. The signal from last year was that there was something he wasn’t doing outside game time which was preventing him from being selected.

I don’t think anyone’s really disputing that. The doubts are about whether he will actually be given the game time to prove everyone wrong. The signal from last year was that there was something he wasn’t doing outside game time which was preventing him from being selected.
I thought his issues were 1. Lack of fitness. 2. Lack of defensive pressure.

If he can improve these he should be best 22.

The recruitment of Corbett, Emmett and train on of Stubbs would have sent a very clear message to Sturt that his place in the squad is under serious threat, I for one hope he rises to the challenge and makes the medium forward role his, he clearly has the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back