List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Could easily take 14 to the draft and let another team smuggle in later picks with a higher points value for them

They’ll do something like that for sure even if it isn’t pick 14.

I did see a rumour that pick 5 will be involved in a salary dump. I cannot remember which player was mentioned but it wasn’t Sharp or Flanders as they’re both out of contract.

Still reckon they downgrade pick 5 rather than outright trade it.

It's really obvious listening to JL that Henry not signing is because of spending time at Peel. The actual ****? Where do you get that sort of entitlement from playing like he did prior to about 7 weeks ago?

Does he have a monstrous ego?
I think the guys a sook. I called it during the trade period last season when it got floated from his manager to the media that he might "explore his options".

The guy at that time had legit achieved and done nothing in this league to be exploring options.

I think the guys a sook. I called it during the trade period last season when it got floated from his manager to the media that he might "explore his options".

The guy at that time had legit achieved and done nothing in this league to be exploring options.
Obviously someone is in to him, and let’s face it we need more picks or players.
We used to say on here they bleed purple, not going anywhere with this type
of player.

They’ll do something like that for sure even if it isn’t pick 14.

I did see a rumour that pick 5 will be involved in a salary dump. I cannot remember which player was mentioned but it wasn’t Sharp or Flanders as they’re both out of contract.

Still reckon they downgrade pick 5 rather than outright trade it.
Fiorini I believe was the one, salary dumping away a top 10 pick two years in a row would be nuts but possible for them

I'd be stunned if GWS is in a position to take on salary dumps, the expansion clubs will never be able to "supplement" player income enough to do that. St Kilda MAYBE. I dont know if GC can have the optics of salary dumping a top 10 pick again, either, that would seem... controversial
GWS took on Hogan as a salary dump. That was why we only got pick 50 (Brandon Walker) because GWS agreed to take the salary in full for his remaining contracted year.

GWS took on Hogan as a salary dump. That was why we only got pick 50 (Brandon Walker) because GWS agreed to take the salary in full for his remaining contracted year.
I’m pretty sure they changed the contract and it was reported as such. Thought it was less of a salary dump and more a “get him off my ******* list” thing

The GC pick 5 very much depends on the player we have in mind in the draft.
If it was Mckercher or Sanders - yes
Durssma - probably yes
Watson - some would have reservations about a small forward with such a high pick. Not me personally - big yes.
Curtin - no. A developing key defender is not what we are after. Pick 5 is too much to spend on that type of player in my view

On Twomeys ratings, they need 4k points, they have 4.5k currently. Lets say they trade Flanders for something like pick 14 in value while trading out pick 5, that’s a net difference 700 points which leaves them 200 short which is very easy to make up.

They should be able to trade Flanders and trade out pick 5 and have no points deficit if they are smart about it
GC won’t get a 1st for Flanders. He is looking good of late but only played 9 games this year and 9 games last year. The recent bout of good form will ensure a decent second round pick which will be handy for them but not a pick in the teens.

GC won’t get a 1st for Flanders. He is looking good of late but only played 9 games this year and 9 games last year. The recent bout of good form will ensure a decent second round pick which will be handy for them but not a pick in the teens.
Flanders is a top 10 pick still young and playing fantastic football. If Henry is a pick in the 20s (which I dont think is unreasonable) then he should be a top 20 pick. I'd be more than happy to give up a 20 pick for him for how he's going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really obvious listening to JL that Henry not signing is because of spending time at Peel. The actual ****? Where do you get that sort of entitlement from playing like he did prior to about 7 weeks ago?

Does he have a monstrous ego?
Colin Young has the monsterous ego. It's all him. Henry is his pawn. Such a shame for the young fella, because he's a cracking kid.

Just watched the latest interview with JL. When asked about Liam Henry's future at the club he responded that "the ball is in his court". The tone of the response didn't fill me with a lot of confidence, but still hoping.
Yes. and also saying the things like club and coaching team helped him, gave 40 games in 4 years, sent to Peel for his own development, and brought back him when he worked on the things he had to ETC ETC look like JLO pleading to Henry..... " Please dont go Henry we did this much for you, what ever we did was for your benefit" ...
Chris Read an ever presence in twitter for Freo Dockers said it is because some fans attacking him in twitter made him upset and he may want to get away from WA where less scrutiny.
But in every sports fans do that and most of the players cop it and it is part of the sports... Henry need some good advisors.
If we get late first of dogs with Henry and a couple of picks or Pick swaps it will be an ok result( not ideal)
Top 20 is very important The best example is 2015 where our original pick 16 and Tucker was 27 .Many players selected from 16 onwards until 25 is all best 22 somewhere Doedee Ben Mckay Dunkley Etc . Most probably Henry is gone, just need to get maximum out of it.

Yes. and also saying the things like club and coaching team helped him, gave 40 games in 4 years, sent to Peel for his own development, and brought back him when he worked on the things he had to ETC ETC look like JLO pleading to Henry..... " Please dont go Henry we did this much for you, what ever we did was for your benefit" ...
Chris Read an ever presence in twitter for Freo Dockers said it is because some fans attacking him in twitter made him upset and he may want to get away from WA where less scrutiny.
But in every sports fans do that and most of the players cop it and it is part of the sports... Henry need some good advisors.
If we get late first of dogs with Henry and a couple of picks or Pick swaps it will be an ok result( not ideal)
Top 20 is very important The best example is 2015 where our original pick 16 and Tucker was 27 .Many players selected from 16 onwards until 25 is all best 22 somewhere Doedee Ben Mckay Dunkley Etc . Most probably Henry is gone, just need to get maximum out of it.
Is a Henry swap for Arthur Jones plus one of our later picks out of the question?
Arthur will be hard pressed to break into that team with Weightman and West on fire
I might get my kids to ask Arthur if there is any thought of coming home

from Mount Barker?
Yep
My boys have played footy and basketball with him their whole lives

That aside we need a good small forward and don’t have much of a draft hand to deal with .

That trade would be low cost allowing our higher picks to be used for a better Banfield or Bigger midfielder

Last edited:
Yep
My boys have played footy and basketball with him their whole lives

That aside we need a good small forward and don’t have much of a draft hand to deal with .

That trade would be low cost allowing our higher picks to be used for a better Banfield or Bigger midfielder
Brockman or Arthur who is your preference?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Young Arthur Jones is a beauty Re-Signed earlier in the year club loves him. If the rumours are true makes no sense why we are even interested in Henry
Agree
I can’t see Henry fitting in your team
Dogs have got run and carry oozing out of every orifice
Better off strengthening their defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back