List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Worner isn't in an area of need, isn't skillful, isn't fast and defends like an arthritic pensioner.

I'm not sure what the issue is?
The issue is he’s a second year player performing better than expected at WAFL level. That’s not a problem with list management, it’s a normal extension that almost every club gives to their draftees. And he’s on the rookie list anyway so who cares??

He’s played two games at AFL level and already people are writing him off it’s ridiculous. Give him a chance.

Extending second year players isn’t the issue the issue is giving 3 years to Ethan Hughes, 4 years to JOM, 2 to Banfield etc.

You lot complain when we give guys two year deals when they’re not part of our b22 but also complain when we don’t give guys deals which aren’t our b22 and use it to blame the club when they eventually leave.

Second year player is tearing it up at WAFL level and we give him a normal two year extension? Poor list management apparently.

But a six year player dropped from our team after playing 40 games over 5 seasons where he’s never been consistently b22 and is very injury prone and has not yet proven himself should have been signed to a 3 year deal straight away and it’s our fault he left because we didn’t sign him early enough. Makes sense.

It would have been interesting to see the reactions if we'd extended Emmett prior to debut.

I'm willing to give Worner a bit more time to adjust to AFL level + another pre-season before writing him off. It's not like he's been struggling in the ressies all year.

The bit part players like Hughes and Worner are on similar contracts at every club.

looks like we could use Serong and Brayshaw less tbh

View attachment 1790004

“iT’s tHe FoWards NoT the BAlL MovEment”

Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Sam Edmund reporting that North Melbourne have been heavy behind the scenes trying to get Sean Darcy, he did also say that he believes Darcy will be at Freo next year.

Pick 2 would easily be the starting point if anything did happen.

I’d give my left nut for Jordan Dawson

Sam Edmund reporting that North Melbourne have been heavy behind the scenes trying to get Sean Darcy, he did also say that he believes Darcy will be at Freo next year.

hmmm…I’m thinking North should get a priority pick all of a sudden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was one of Darcy Tucker's best mates at the club

Pretty good mates with Griff too

I just don't think he would want to move to a bottom team though

North Melbourne can * right off. What a bunch of absolute utensil suckers.

North Melbourne can * right off. What a bunch of absolute utensil suckers.

look it’s not ideal tbh, but let’s say we got pick 2 or 3 off them.

Watson, McKercher or Curtin then Mitch Edwards at 21?

would he make it that far?

Reidy would have to start rucking withnJackson and we put the rockets under Knobel to develop

Hodor is going nowhere. He may take a slightly lesser offer compared to other clubs but in the scheme of things it will be minor. I’m very much convinced that he will stay with Freo for as long as he plays (character is evident)

Actually would push for 3 and 16.
he’s in contract.

If they have #2, #3, #16 and a future 1st offer them our future second and Darcy for #2, #16 and future first.

But I think we just sign Sean Darcy to an extension.

Even if Hamish Brayshaw seems adamant that Sean will move on.

We would want the pick right before West Coast that they trade to get pick #1.

So it goes North, Freo, WC. And we pick Curtin instead.

That sets us like 5 years back. Much rather keep Darcy.

does it? Let’s say Darcy is leaning towards going?

he’s in contract this year and Norf have a priority pick incoming and possible access to a NGA top 10 player.

North get Reid, Darcy for pick 3 and 16 and their academy player

we get 3 and 16. Take Watson Edwards and Someone like Shoenmaker.

winner winner

If they have #2, #3, #16 and a future 1st offer them our future second and Darcy for #2, #16 and future first.

But I think we just sign Sean Darcy to an extension.

Even if Hamish Brayshaw seems adamant that Sean will move on.
What’s Hamish been saying 🤨

Haha no he didn’t, someone text in saying they’d seen Darcy and Clarkson having dinner. Edmund did some digging to see if it was true and he said north aren’t in to Darcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back