Strategy 2023 Midpricers Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy NY to all - hope you all are refreshed and ready for another SC season.

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I can't believe the lack of respect for midpricers :mad:

Didn't last year teach you anything?
The midpricers madness route is the only way to go :p

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many midpricers each supercoach is willing to have in their team.
For me, obviously the more the better!

So who do we have so far?
Who are the must have players in the $200K to $500K range? $550K for mids?

Locked: Hopper, McLean
Possibles: Green, Warner, Titch, LDU, Cameron, Bowes, Coffield
Injury prone: Yeo, Allen, Cunnington, TThomas and Fyfe?

Who have I missed?

Last edited:

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I can't believe the lack of respect for midpricers :mad:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many midpricers each supercoach is willing to have in their team.

Injury prone: Yeo, Allen and Fyfe?

Who have I missed?

Personally I think the biggest question mark is Ben Cunnington. Juicy price if he gets back to pre Cancer stats but throw in the carrot of DPP and it is almost hard not to pick him. My heart says yes but my head says No. Another player is Yeo he will be playing off Halfback but has old mans injury's still pretty hard to resist and if he gets through the season could quite easily end up D6.

Injury prone: Yeo, Allen, Cunnington, Tarrant and Fyfe?

Who have I missed?
I reckon $550 is above the MPM threshold. Fallen premo's or sub-premo's normally occupy this space.

Agree that Hopper and McTilt are almost must haves. Cunners definitely a big watch along with Bowes. Coffield, Yeo, Allen and Fyfe all getting themselves into plenty of SC teams if they make it to the start line.

Is the "Tarrant" Tarranto? TThomas will be an interesting mid pricer to watch as well under a new coach

I reckon $550 is above the MPM threshold. Fallen premo's or sub-premo's normally occupy this space.

Agree that Hopper and McTilt are almost must haves. Cunners definitely a big watch along with Bowes. Coffield, Yeo, Allen and Fyfe all getting themselves into plenty of SC teams if they make it to the start line.

Is the "Tarrant" Tarranto? TThomas will be an interesting mid pricer to watch as well under a new coach
$550K for Mids is just a round number and trying to fit the likes of Titch & Green in, as they are over $500K

But, not Taranto as he is a FWD

Last edited:

Injury prone: Yeo, Allen, Cunnington, TThomas and Fyfe?

Who have I missed?

I forgot Sheed too.

Also, speculative mid-pricers;
Joel Jeffrey
Tanner Bruhn

And then the burn-men MPM's;
Wayne Millera
Chad Wingard
Toby Greene
Dayne Zorko

Does Worpel get back to his SC best with Mitchell (edit: and O'Meara) gone?

Last edited:
I forgot Sheed too.

Also, speculative mid-pricers;
Joel Jeffrey
Tanner Bruhn

And then the burn-men MPM's;
Wayne Millera
Chad Wingard
Toby Greene
Dayne Zorko

Does Worpel get back to his SC best with Mitchell (edit: and O'Meara) gone?
Worpel is interesting, some Hawks got to pick up the mid action with both Titch & JOM gone

Maybe we have to look at those Hawks rookies turned midpricer e.g. CMac :straining:

Last edited:
Have too many at the moment:

Bowes, H Clark, Yeo
J Hopper, T Thomas
Fyfe

Thought about Worpel, too.

How many is too many?
Maybe 3-4 of those max?

Worpel is interesting, some Hawks got to pick up the mud action with both Titch & JOM gone

Maybe we have to look at those Hawks rookies turned midpricer e.g. CMac :straining:
it was painful owning Ward for the majority of last season, but if I’m a Hawk supporter I’d be backing him in to go straight past Worpel in their midfield. Genuine magnet who will get better and better, unlike Worpel who peaked in about year 8!

Bowes, H Clark, Yeo
J Hopper, T Thomas
Fyfe

How many is too many?
Maybe 3-4 of those max?
3-4 is minimum!
Hopper & McClean are locked - so you are only getting one more. That’s not enough :p

edit: Coffield almost too low for a mid-price tag
id also consider green to bee too high.

mpm for me is like 400k-250k

the 200k guys are rookie priced (e.g. ashcroft) i dont see how a few thousand more (coffield allen) is considered mpm. theyre rookie priced players sorry jd.

newcombe is premo priced. value. but still at a price where youre expecting tons.

cunners for me is the cut off as a mid pricer. all the way down to players like bowes. havnt seen any players in that 270k - 220k range to consider where youd draw the line on bottom range mpm's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes, H Clark, Yeo
J Hopper, T Thomas
Fyfe

How many is too many?
Maybe 3-4 of those max?
I'm thinking 6-7 if I can find the room. I want minimal rookies on field this year. Guns and rookies is dead. Imo.

id also consider green to bee too high.

mpm for me is like 400k-250k

the 200k guys are rookie priced (e.g. ashcroft) i dont see how a few thousand more (coffield allen) is considered mpm. theyre rookie priced players sorry jd.

newcombe is premo priced. value. but still at a price where youre expecting tons.

cunners for me is the cut off as a mid pricer. all the way down to players like bowes. havnt seen any players in that 270k - 220k range to consider where youd draw the line on bottom range mpm's.
Let's put it this way

Is Green a premium if you were playing and paying for GnRs?
No way - he's below the elite mids.

But, what Green offers is a good value and a potential to be in the elite mids by the end of the year and hence a midpricer.

The low end is much more tricky - so, it is easier to have a cutoff at Ashcroft's price

Let's put it this way

Is Green a premium if you were playing and paying for GnRs?
No way - he's below the elite mids.

But, what Green offers is a good value and a potential to be in the elite mids by the end of the year and hence a midpricer.

The low end is much more tricky - so, it is easier to have a cutoff at Ashcroft's price
nah no way. green is a premo. you cant possibly get all the 600k premos. so the 500k guys are also considered premos. taranto is a premo. theres expensive premos and value premos.

like midpricers. cunners is an expensive mid pricer where tarryn thomas is a value midpricer.

coffield allen ashcroft mclean are all expensive rookie priced. where the 123k guys are value rookie price.

nah no way. green is a premo. you cant possibly get all the 600k premos. so the 500k guys are also considered premos. taranto is a premo. theres expensive premos and value premos.

like midpricers. cunners is an expensive mid pricer where tarryn thomas is a value midpricer.

coffield allen ashcroft mclean are all expensive rookie priced. where the 123k guys are value rookie price.
NP - we just have different definitions.

Taranto is a fwd premo, hence the cut-off is $500K for FWDs and DEFs

In term if Green - he’s not an elite mid. There’s no way I would start with him if I’m playing GnRs

NP - we just have different definitions.

Taranto is a fwd premo, hence the cut-off is $500K for FWDs and DEFs

In term if Green - he’s not an elite mid. There’s no way I would start with him if I’m playing GnRs
if youre playing gnr youre gonna have to have some 500k picks. gnr to me isnt just top end bottom end. its the lack of midpricers which makes it gnr.

so if you got players <200k and >500k and not much in between. then yeah that to me is gnr.

but if you got multiple players between 250k and 450k. then id consider that mpm.

essentially the line for premos and rookies to me is drawn between 200-250k and 450-500k.

I have work to do for full MPM but it's a start.

View attachment 1580771
richards at 460k isnt a stepping stone. its a hopeful d6 or a potential d7 for finals. but its someone youd expect to get at least a 90avg and aiming for a 100avg.

so richards is considered a value premo in my opinion. just scrapes in as premo with that 450k - 500k grey area.

richards at 460k isnt a stepping stone. its a hopeful d6 or a potential d7 for finals. but its someone youd expect to get at least a 90avg and aiming for a 100avg.

so richards is considered a value premo in my opinion. just scrapes in as premo with that 450k - 500k grey area.
Yes, yes, I see what you're saying, I shouldn't have asked her father If I could make soup out of her underpants.

really. theres only about 8 midpricers id consider to have in my team.

bowes 277k
yeo 337k
florent 372k
salem 390k

sheed 332k
hopper 332k

tarryn 295k
fyfe 313k
cunners 419k (borderline premo)
What's in a name......

if a mid-pricer, rookie or premo or even super-premo, or even super-duper premo, makes your team better, who gives a continental what their background is...

I know, I know, we all have our theories on what constitutes the best way to go............I say, just pick your team the way you'd like and may we all be winners...

Best of luck everyone........

What's in a name......

if a mid-pricer, rookie or premo or even super-premo, or even super-duper premo, makes your team better, who gives a continental what their background is...

I know, I know, we all have our theories on what constitutes the best way to go............I say, just pick your team the way you'd like and may we all be winners...

Best of luck everyone........
It’s important damn it!

What’s the point of BF SC if we can’t argue (banter) amongst us :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back