Autopsy 2023 Rd 17 Resurgent Blues smack the Dockers in the West

Who played well for the Blues in Round 17 vs the Dockers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of that 880m would be 50m+ long kicks from kick ins...anyone could do that.

And in fact even the commentators were stating it was too predictable. He didn't hurt us with his disposal at all.
So if everyone of his 9 kick ins were 50m, he still has another 430m on top of that. So taking out his kick ins only 4 players gained more ground.

To out that in perspective, Sam Walsh had 32 touches for 195m gained and Cripps had 129m gained.

So if everyone of his 9 kick ins were 50m, he still has another 430m on top of that. So taking out his kick ins only 4 players gained more ground.

To out that in perspective, Sam Walsh had 32 touches for 195m gained and Cripps had 129m gained.

Playing as a deep defender, you will normally have high metres gained, especially with high opposition inside 50s and wanting to clear the ball long when under siege

Ryan is a very good player, but his strength is intercepts and distributing long

If anyone wants an example of a player obviously working hard on his game to make himself an AFL player look no further than Matt Owies.

In 2021 he kicked 15 goals 17 behinds.
In 2022 he kicked 14 goals 11 behinds.

So far this year he has kicked 17 goals 4 behinds at about 1.5 goals a game.

Well done Matty, putting a really good season together.

I reckon JL might be losing his marbles if he thinks Luke Ryan was the second best player on the ground yesterday. I didn't even think he was their best player not to mention the 6 or 7 most impactful players on the ground were Carlton players.
Cerra didnt get a look in for the votes in the age which was a bit strange.

An

And snarkity snark snark. Was hoping it would be contained in Michael Voss thread. MaYbe not getting enough attention there
Aph, maybe you could give a select few 'special supporters' badges, cos they are just so darn loyal and special!
Hec, maybe we can even fund raise for them?
Ticker tape parade and commemorative banquet at the very least.:winkv1:

Ooh ooh ooh can I have one of them sticker thingos?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ooh ooh ooh can I have one of them sticker thingos?

dj khaled GIF
season 3 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls
Episode 2 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

show you the treasure of the sierra madre GIF by Warner Archive

:cool:;):p:grinv1:

I think the point being made is despite Luke Ryan getting some good stats his performance did not warrant 4 coaches votes.
There were 5 better players on the ground than him so I agree.

If anyone wants an example of a player obviously working hard on his game to make himself an AFL player look no further than Matt Owies.

Owies, Cincotta, Boyd - currently in our first 22, all great pick ups from outside draft. Testament to hard work, determination, never giving up. Love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay again again.
The thing that impresses me is our poise and absence of panic.
And staying on their feet.

Its been the opposite at times and I dont think we have had that real poise and taking that extra half second of time to make decisions in a long long time.

He usually runs at least 10 metres before he kicks it so you should be deducting at least 500-550 metres off and he would even be in the top 10 metres gained on the ground.

The comparison to Cripps and Walsh metres gained isn’t relevant given they tend to handball more than they kick. If you want a better comparison Cerra had 708 metres gained without taking a single kick in.

Also kicking accuracy is easy when you are hitting lazy switch kicks all day long, usually after taking an uncontested mark, while other players are judged lower as they have to take rushed kicks under direct opposition pressure in open play.

He could barely kick 40m two years ago. Now about 50m.

Baffles me all we had to give up was pick 6 (which became 8) for cerra. I get that he was out of contract so we had the upper hand, but he’s worth 2 firsts in my view, especially at the age we got him

Thanks Freo xx
Thought it interesting that Freo used that pick on Jye Amiss. A genuine win win trade for both parties.

Love his quasi HFF / Wing role. Absolutely unstoppable. Best bigman below the knees in the comp

Have been saying it for months now, he's having the best year of his career. Which is amazing given he's got a Coleman under his belt and won't get near it this year.

Kicking for goal is obviously an ongoing issue but he's just about been phenomenal outside of that. Not getting anywhere near the credit he deserves.

You owed it to him to highlight that. Good one.

Back