Autopsy 2023 Rd 17 Resurgent Blues smack the Dockers in the West

Who played well for the Blues in Round 17 vs the Dockers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just reinforces my thoughts

If we only drop 2 more games for the year, miss on percentage, in the eyes of many will be that Voss can't coach and should be sacked

Can't see Cook/Sayers adopting that mentality
imagine sitting near him at the game? everyone cheering goals, he's under his sit crying "I'm not convinced, I'm not convinced".........tragic..........

Walsh fit and finding another level yet again.
He drives effort as much as any of them.
A lot of his efforts without the ball had impact, he's getting better below his knees moving a lot more freely.
Not many can change momentum of AFL matchs like he did in his first season It won't be long before he reminds people again GUN.

Walking into work like
carlton fc thumbs up GIF by Carlton Football Club

bb2f233a72007b51d878c1829510f97f.gif

Great footage, Well done with the highlighting. Very clever, I wouldn't have a clue how to do that stuff.

I didn't realize just how hard he worked for that.... He is amazing and just getting back to his best.

A timely reminder to my 16y/o son that he is every bit as good as that Daicos kid . ;)

Not pretending at all. I stated this group was capable of 13-15 wins, but I won't melt like the world is ending if we miss finals, nor will it change how I critique a weekly game

Where has it gone wrong then? The last 3 games have been great, but is that because how poor we were the six games prior?

Based on a 13-15 win season, our performance this season and last season are both short of expectations, this is without a significant injury list.

I am still unsure how we can play so badly earlier in the season when we have a list that’s not young.

Where has it gone wrong then? The last 3 games have been great, but is that because how poor we were the six games prior?

Based on a 13-15 win season, our performance this season and last season are both short of expectations, this is without a significant injury list.

I am still unsure how we can play so badly earlier in the season when we have a list that’s not young.

By all the talk the last few weeks - sounds like we had a lot of players playing selfish football and not team football.

Dont hear 'nourishment' any more, its being replaced by 'selfless play'

Loved this when it popped up on my feed. Brayshaw got caught napping. Then he had to work so hard to catch Walshy in the goal square he couldn't go with him on the lead despite being a faster sprinter.

Add to that, anyone whose played footy knows you can run alot further and faster when your team has the ball opposed to the oppoosition has the ball.

One is like running down hill (when we have the ball) and one is like running uphill (when they have the ball)

Walsh ran alot but nothing i wouldnt expect when there is a turnover in their back 50 and he is trying to get on the end of it. I liked the fact he went deep into the 50 and made a lead, alot of teams might not want their mids getting so deep and potentially get in the way of a leading fwd.

Great win in Perth, Freo have been solid at home and winning at Optus is a great effort, my biased eyes had us missing out on so many free kicks early.

Loved Harry’s work rate

Loved the effort of the rucks.

I love how Kemp is developing, still needs to tidy up a lot in regards to disposal but he looks good.

Love what Cunners and Martin have brought to the side, I’ve been critical of both in the past, they have both made our side a lot better.

Lots to love about the win, moving forward I’d love to see more of Cowan, Hollands and Binns, we were the 8th oldest team last round, if we aren’t contending, I’d love to see more emphasis put on youth.

I can easily see us beating one of Port or the Pies

Hey DD, I thought the same and for mine the major difference/improvement has been kicking skills.
Ground kicks in particular and on goal. This cost us a few of those losses I have no doubt.
It was heartbreaking those constant turnovers and killed us.

Couple that with Walshy back in the guts and firing , Wieters back to AA form and the captain looking to be fit again.

Martin, Cunners , Kemp, Fogs and Cincotta all have added and are still building. (now Dow? :praying:)

This and the coaches simplifying things has dragged the whole team back to the standard we set last year and possibly better .

Can we make the eight ?.........YES! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An
Any chance we can enjoy the win instead of 'sacking the Coach' talk!
And snarkity snark snark. Was hoping it would be contained in Michael Voss thread. MaYbe not getting enough attention there
Aph, maybe you could give a select few 'special supporters' badges, cos they are just so darn loyal and special!
Hec, maybe we can even fund raise for them?
Ticker tape parade and commemorative banquet at the very least.:winkv1:

Last edited:
Just reinforces my thoughts

If we only drop 2 more games for the year, miss on percentage, in the eyes of many will be that Voss can't coach and should be sacked

Can't see Cook/Sayers adopting that mentality

If we miss finals on his error of judgment it's a fair utensil up. But I agree if we come home hard he will keep his job and get his chance next year. I'd rather just run with him in this instance as well. Knowing our track record we'll pick up an average coach anyway.

Number of factors that have been discussed over recent weeks, in summary a better quality of player in regards to the gameplan which is in transition to a turnover game

Falling short of this year, at this stage, but last year was within our range despite the solid start

List isn't old either, although it is the start of our prime years. While we need to tweak the list, it doesn't need a major overhaul

An

And snarkity snark snark. Was hoping it would be contained in Michael Voss thread. MaYbe not getting enough attention there
Aph, maybe you could give a select few 'special supporters' badges, cos they are just so darn loyal and special!
Hec, maybe we can even fund raise for them?
Ticker tape parade and commemorative banquet at the very least.:winkv1:
Snarkiest?

Go Blues

Thanks for today everyone - players, coaches and posters here. What a fun and unbelievable performance.

I have surgery first thing in the morning so this will be my last post until I've recovered enough to be on here.

Go well and Go the Blues,!
Food luck mate.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Blues

Thanks for today everyone - players, coaches and posters here. What a fun and unbelievable performance.

I have surgery first thing in the morning so this will be my last post until I've recovered enough to be on here.

Go well and Go the Blues,!
Godspeed mate. Looking forward to reading your thoughts when you return. All the best with recovery :)

Coaches votes ...

10 Adam Cerra (CARL) 👏👏 👏
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Sam Walsh (CARL)
Luke Ryan (FRE)
2 Harry McKay (CARL)
2 Adam Saad (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Charlie Curnow (CARL)

Back