Autopsy 2023 Rd 17 Resurgent Blues smack the Dockers in the West

Who played well for the Blues in Round 17 vs the Dockers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we only drop 2 more games for the year, miss on percentage, in the eyes of many will be that Voss can't coach and should be sacked

and that's exactly what we've done in the past.. you forgot to add offer a boat load of cash to a burnt out premiership coach, whos heart isn't in it. So welcome Dimma come collect your superannuation money.

Coaches votes ...

10 Adam Cerra (CARL) 👏👏 👏
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Sam Walsh (CARL)
Luke Ryan (FRE)
2 Harry McKay (CARL)
2 Adam Saad (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
I reckon JL might be losing his marbles if he thinks Luke Ryan was the second best player on the ground yesterday. I didn't even think he was their best player not to mention the 6 or 7 most impactful players on the ground were Carlton players.

I reckon JL might be losing his marbles if he thinks Luke Ryan was the second best player on the ground yesterday. I didn't even think he was their best player not to mention the 6 or 7 most impactful players on the ground were Carlton players.
Not sure if you were at the game but Luke Ryan was awesome yesterday. 35 touches, 10 marks and disposal efficiency of 89%.

We would have won by a lot more if he wasn't playing yesterday.

Not sure if you were at the game but Luke Ryan was awesome yesterday. 35 touches, 10 marks and disposal efficiency of 89%.

We would have won by a lot more if he wasn't playing yesterday.
I was at the game so I could see him spending most of his time trying to avoid an opponent and play by himself whilst poor Ethan Hughes had to cover his man for him. He took pretty all their kick ins from behinds which skewed his stats as they always do. His switch kicking is generally slow and predictable. Young was clearly their best player yesterday IMO. Also Serong and Brayshaw tried their gutses out.

I was at the game so I could see him spending most of his time trying to avoid an opponent and play by himself whilst poor Ethan Hughes had to cover his man for him. He took pretty all their kick ins from behinds which skewed his stats as they always do. His switch kicking is generally slow and predictable. Young was clearly their best player yesterday IMO. Also Serong and Brayshaw tried their gutses out.
I think we will agree to disagree.

Anyone that has 880m gained, 10 marks and 35 touches at 89% is a pretty damn fine game.

Obviously by instruction so I'm not sure how you could promote that as a negative?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh and Cripps. Is there anything better than Cripps in full flight breaking tackles and hitting targets? Unstoppable.

Only this guy is better….

Confused Superman GIF

Anyone that has 880m gained, 10 marks and 35 touches at 89% is a pretty damn fine game.

Obviously by instruction so I'm not sure how you could promote that as a negative?

Stats don't always tell the story and the plan is not helping them much because he has had a few games where he has produced similar stat lines and they haven't won.

To say he was the second best player on the ground is just ludicrous and probably points to a level of delusion in JL's approach and tactics.

Cerra, Walsh, Mckay, Weitering, Cripps, Docherty, Kennedy (before he got injured) and possibly Jack were all more impactful than

Stats don't always tell the story and the plan is not helping them much because he has had a few games where he has produced similar stat lines and they haven't won.

To say he was the second best player on the ground is just ludicrous and probably points to a level of delusion in JL's approach and tactics.

Cerra, Walsh, Mckay, Weitering, Cripps, Docherty, Kennedy (before he got injured) and possibly Jack were all more impactful than
You sure it was JL that gave him the 4?

Bro wasn't it you who was saying how we could possibly question a senior coach with years of experience in the other thread a few days back? Also how do you know it was JL and not Voss who gave him 4?

Edit: If that wasn't you apologies

Last edited:
Gee I would like a do over against *. If we brought our current form I think it would have been a different story. Was a true 8 point game and would have had us in the 8 at their expense.

We had plenty of other chances against Dogs/Saints/Lions/Swans should’ve won at least 2 of those.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really strong performance and a fantastic win.

Freo are no good, but they can be tricky to play against if allowed to get their game going, particularly at home.

Played with great intent early, got the jump on them, took the crowd out of it, and never looked like allowing the Dockers back in the contest.

Needed the midfield to stand up without a ruck and they did. Cerra, Cripps, Walsh were all supreme, as was Kennedy prior to the injury. To win the clearance battle (-1 out of the centre) despite the ruck situation was massive and a huge reason why we were able to get on top.

Most of that 880m would be 50m+ long kicks from kick ins...anyone could do that.

And in fact even the commentators were stating it was too predictable. He didn't hurt us with his disposal at all.

Back