Trades 2023 Round 3 Trades - Moo Time !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some kent needs to write the Round 3 Discussion Opening Thread.

I's got stuff to say dammit.

My main league opponent is 235 in the world and I am 33K.

But I feel a vergence in the Force.

She has Hopper and I have Callaghan. She's gotta hold and play a rook (Wilmot via moving Constable) and I don't coz Finn gon' play.

Grundy is going to put his grown-ass man pants on this week against Ladhams.

She's going sideways from Dawson to Daicos and you KNOW the SC gods are gonna punish for that. Not via Daics (although all these kents putting the VC on him have me nervous and I defs won't entertain that kind of nonsense) but Dawson's going to go large I reckon.

I've jettisoned my failed midpricers and expect improved scores from Cunnington, De Goey (compared to last week), Ranga Richards (compared to last week), along with continued improvement from Day and my newbies Setters and DCameron.

If I was a betting man I'd have a dollar on me
That Kent should be you .....go for it .... Loose at HB unfortunately is tied up at work

Anyone who saw the bombers game last week, did Ridley's role change? Was he playing more of a lockdown role or did the ball just not go his way?
It appeared Redman was the nominated release player .....and Ridley played deep defence ...that said, he did fumble a few marks (sitters) & I reckon he'll have a field day against the SAINTS undersized FWD line

P.s. was it pincrusher or pulpdriver who tipped Pies for the spoon?

I've always got those kents mixed up

Wasn't me. As for round thread, I just started it as teams are being named and we don't have one yet.

I would think any time in the arvo before first teams are named would work.

It appeared Redman was the nominated release player .....and Ridley played deep defence ...that said, he did fumble a few marks (sitters) & I reckon he'll have a field day against the SAINTS undersized FWD line

I'm praying it was a 1 off but Ridley was playing deeper not really a lockdown role and the ball wasn't getting to him. Hopefully it's like the Dockers Round 1 vs the Saints and all the defenders have a field day.

Wasn't me. As for round thread, I just started it as teams are being named and we don't have one yet.

I would think any time in the arvo before first teams are named would work.

Must have been pulpdriver.

If there are no other hands up I'll do the discussion OP next week. I'm no scoopsroy but I'll have a go

Must have been pulpdriver.

If there are no other hands up I'll do the discussion OP next week. I'm no scoopsroy but I'll have a go
First teams named Wednesday night, so any time Wednesday afternoon. I'm no scoopsroy either, which is why my OP was less than 20 words. ;)

Yes the Pies did well to win the 2023 March premiership Well done:moustache:

4.jpg 5.jpg
6.jpg

Anyone who saw the bombers game last week, did Ridley's role change? Was he playing more of a lockdown role or did the ball just not go his way?
JD on the FTTV pod talked about this, the Suns forwards pushed up to shut down the switch of play, which meant Ridley didn't get used much. So more ball for Redman and Massimo.

Question will be will St Kilda do the same, or sit back and let Ridley get easy touches?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have done this....
2 keepers and a rookie-price for 3 mid-pricers :oops:

1680075785294.png

I must be insane. But I like it!

Which leaves me with this....

1680075939861.png in le puswah (it's an Obese Arachnid ism) and...

1680075828150.png

So, my dear SC experts and fellow kents.

Are these the wrong trades?
There is a more sensible option. But I can barely pronounce the word, let alone live it.

Which would you choose? Each reply gets free noodz in their PM's (may or may not be me).

A) Cameron, Setterfield, Ziebell + $424k bank
or
B) English, Oliver, Chandler + $190k bank

1680076657902.png

giphy.gif

I have no idea what to do with my third trade. Going back and forth on it. Bruhn and Flanders out for Ziebell and Chandler is locked. Then it should be Darcy to an English or DC, but Darcy scored a 59 last year in R21 and backed it up against West Coast with a 155. He dropped 3 50's last season including a 51, so him dropping stinkers isn't actually new. 58% ruck time on the weekend but he had random games with lower ruck time last season too.

The only mid price/rooks close to must have types I don't have now really are Worpel and Hollands.

With 336k in the bank I can go:

Darcy to English
Darcy to Cameron leaving me a huge 432k for upgrades next week, or alternatively keep Darcy this week and go,
Chesser to Worpel (this would leave me with Ashcroft AND Mackenzie on the bench)
Chesser to Hollands

Or just keep the trade?

Have done this....

View attachment 1643517

View attachment 1643521 in le puswah (it's an Obese Arachnid ism) and...

View attachment 1643519

There is a more sensible option. But I can barely pronounce the word, let alone live it.

Which would you choose? Each reply gets free noodz in their PM's (may or may not be me).

or

View attachment 1643530

giphy.gif
Are you sure you can handle a more MPM team?

I think you are more comfortable with GnRs.

So option B for you.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Have done this....

View attachment 1643517

View attachment 1643521 in le puswah (it's an Obese Arachnid ism) and...

View attachment 1643519

or

View attachment 1643530

giphy.gif

Setterfield, Ziebell and DCameron is 2023 SC.

I've got no doubt about it.

Gawn's injury makes it an absolute no brainer for you

If that happens, JZ will be worth way more as a trade out than you paid for him as a trade in.

Gonna be a different game this year.

Adapt or die
This

Different game from 20 trades / guns & rookies / max keepers to save trades.

A trade now is worth half of what is was back in the day, go hard and go early there'll be no catching up post byes

Our defense is very undersized and the suns have a really tall forward line. We had to swing Langford forward who was playing as a tall defensive HBF. That meant Ridley had to slide into the defensive role. He also dropped quite a few sitters.

I thought Scott would keep Ridley away from the defensive roles so I started him, but that theory is now gone out the window so I'm jumping off to Daicos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back