• #9​

Darcy Wilson​

murray.jpg
    MURRAY BUSHRANGERS| MIDFIELDER
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 73kg
    D.O.B: 18-10-2005
    SILKY SKILLS
    There are few more enjoyable players to watch in full flight than Darcy Wilson, whose smooth movement and wicked step often times make opponents look silly. The Murray Bushrangers standout is capable of playing on either side of midfield and up forward, breaking lines with his speed and hitting the scoreboard with great proficiency. He has backed up a promising bottom-age campaign with aplomb, proving his high-end potential with top performances for both Murray and the National Academy.
    SEASON SO FAR
    Wilson has strung together some exciting performances for Murray, hitting around the 20-disposal and two-goal mark in each of his five games. He has twice kicked three goals at Talent League level, with his best showing coming in Round 1 where he collected 29 touches and 10 marks in a loss. His 23 disposals, eight marks and three goals in a win over the Giants Academy were just about as good, and he was a standout on the wing in the AFL Academy’s first game against Port Adelaide SANFL

Last edited:

botts

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Never saw him as a runner. I mean he runs but exceptional creativity by foot and evasive/offensive running was never a part of his game at his best. He was an interceptor and a bloody good one. Took intercept marks and disposed neatly but nowhere the role of Sinclair
Smashed the 20m sprint in the draft combine

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
This whole Bytel will be gone at the end of the year conversation is ridiculous. The kid is in the best 25 for the last 10 rounds. Both Ross and Crouch will be 30 next year, time to start to phase them out and see what the youth can do. Ross and Crouch won't take us to a premiership.
Port are playing the youth in the middle and they are successful, why not give it a go against an opponent like Hawthorn.
He’s better than Dow. If they were both open market not on our team Bytel would be the one I’d choose. Similar ability to get ball but bytel has always been admired here for his clean hands and decent if not boring kicking. His tackling is similar to Steele’s his pace a limitation but he’s a very very very solid midfielder and THE SAME AGE as king! He’s the type of midfielder we’d love to poach from other clubs.

Never saw him as a runner. I mean he runs but exceptional creativity by foot and evasive/offensive running was never a part of his game at his best. He was an interceptor and a bloody good one. Took intercept marks and disposed neatly but nowhere the role of Sinclair
We’ve barely seen what he is capable of. Had one pretty good season before his injury. At one stage he was being considered as a midfield possibility. He has some speed and a good long kick. Coupled with his intercept marking there’s no reason he can’t become an attacking hbf. Good size too.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
So no news so far about us putting anyone on the LTI?

Still think we nominate someone just to give us the option.

We've still got 20 minutes - stop sitting on your a*** SOS - list someone, that way at least you'll have something to do tomorrow.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hayes, Coffield and Jones will be lucky to play VFL this year let alone AFL.

You could put any of those on the LTI.

Draft is tomorrow. Closing time for nominations is today at 5.00PM
They could all also be right to play VFL in 6 weeks then earn a spot back into the seniors for the last month of the season so putting them on the inactive list for the rest of the season seems very unlikely based off todays injury report.

jh38

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
2021: Nasiah. Alternatives, Hobbs, Sinn, Wilmot , Goater. I prefer Nasiah.
2020: Allison. Alternatives , O'Driscoll, Pouter. Whatever, Gablett Jr wasn't there to draft i'm afraid.
2019: IF we had not traded for Howard or Hill, we could have got Serong. ( Not so bad really ).
We could have done the pick swap with GWS and got Day AND Sam DeKoenig. Ouch.
2018: Hard to argue with Max King.
2017: We got Clark and Coff. WHo do you want ...Ling? Brandar?
You'd take Naughton over Coff in 2017

MickG88

Club Legend
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
He’s better than Dow. If they were both open market not on our team Bytel would be the one I’d choose. Similar ability to get ball but bytel has always been admired here for his clean hands and decent if not boring kicking. His tackling is similar to Steele’s his pace a limitation but he’s a very very very solid midfielder and THE SAME AGE as king! He’s the type of midfielder we’d love to poach from other clubs.
Also, he cost us peanuts. I'm not a huge salary guy but I wouldn't think he on huge wage.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mitchell wouldn’t have been free though. That would have been at the cost of one or two of the kids we took in last years draft.

And then we would have had one extra 29/30 year old mid that would be taking time away from the kids we desperately need to develop.

Pies were a kick off playing in a grand final so it made sense for them to go after him. We area fair way off that.
Easy for the Pies to do because they already have the outside pace.

I like Bytel but he's slower pure inside mid. Dow has a bit more toe and can play on the outside which are more in demand these days. Both are useful depth at a minimum. Dow still hasn't peaked IMO. He'd be worth a look.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I like Bytel but he's slower pure inside mid. Dow has a bit more toe and can play on the outside which are more in demand these days. Both are useful depth at a minimum. Dow still hasn't peaked IMO. He'd be worth a look.
I reckon your boy Flanders is the pick of the crop.
Dow not more than a 4th or even DFA, if SOS is keen they should have no problem getting him to walk in the SPP.
Would still keep Bytel if possible.

I got laughed at for suggesting chasing Tom Mitchell last year. Another inside bull would be handy. Matt Crouch on $400k in reserve would be handy. He was better than Brad when the Crows were playing off in a flag and younger.
I wasn’t totally against the other Crouch after the first few rounds but now he’d just be another boring mid that we already have too much of. That’s why I’m off Bytel as well now, his absolute best case scenario is another slow accumulator. Not taking us anywhere.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
We need to move up the order to get a better mid
Billings and our first to get into the top8 ?
Fair ?
Seems to be a key position /Ruck draft though outside Reid.
Unfortunately Billings is worth very little.

There aren't a lot of genuine midfield talents projected to go top 10 atm

Yabadoo22

All Australian
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gotta keep hitting the draft. Need more. Young top end talent for Ross to break in from a young age, so he can stamp out any bad habits before it gets to late, examples such as Gresham, etc. gotta take a midfielder with our first pick which should be around pick 10-15. Cony Wilson as a pacy smaller mix of Joel freijah as a big bodied mid but who can move well and kick goals are the two who could be around our mark at this early stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back