List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably been mentioned somewhere here on BF but if we recruited Soldo surely he would be our no 1 ruckman? Richmond didn't get much for him either.
Yep we should have gone after him

He’d have been able to stay in vic also

They are showing a lot of faith in xerri and CCJ
Didnt Brady say that we currently have 5 list spots to pick players...Surely that would not include Turner, Mahoney and Bonar because they officially have not been delisted yet..
No he said we are likely to take 5 picks in the ND and that we have 32 on the senior list

So looks like we are going to do a 37-7 structure
Currently have 5 rookies signed

In which case we have 2 spare rookie list spots (I think turner stays on the rookie list then we decide if we want 1 of the 2 senior boys or to take another rookie instead)

Rawlings didnt stuff up the numbers.

We got the dregs as part of the JHF trade. They had some value so Rawlings did his best to swap them for futures.
Yes, he stuffed it up. We ended player trade period with more picks than list positions and rather than push a couple of players back to the rookie list, he traded in another pick so we had to dump trade. We ended up one of three teams with a maxed out primary list and had no flexibility at the draft because we had committed to taking Cooper with our last pick. It was a complete shambles.

Didnt Brady say that we currently have 5 list spots to pick players...Surely that would not include Turner, Mahoney and Bonar because they officially have not been delisted yet..
I can only count four, but happy to be contradicted. We started with 38, lost 8 and gained 4.

It's probably been mentioned somewhere here on BF but if we recruited Soldo surely he would be our no 1 ruckman? Richmond didn't get much for him either.

The player has to want to come.

Not much love for X on here but I think he deserves a shot and we arent going to win the flag next year anyway so why not look at what we have?

Yes, he stuffed it up. We ended player trade period with more picks than list positions and rather than push a couple of players back to the rookie list, he traded in another pick so we had to dump trade. We ended up one of three teams with a maxed out primary list and had no flexibility at the draft because we had committed to taking Cooper with our last pick. It was a complete shambles.

If you think getting Wardlaw, Sheezel and trading up for George was a shambles then good luck to you.

He got left with some useless currency which he converted to futures.

Rawling cops a lot on here but I think hes been fine especially since Viney came.

If you thing getting Wardlaw, Sheezel and trading up for George was a shambles then good luck to you.

Rawling cops a lot on here but I think hes been fine especially since Viney came.
Worth looking into now that its all materialised
from memory he gave up picks in the 40s/50s last year that we could have taken a KPF like Lemmey, scully or keeler for picks this year which are 57 from dees and 63 from hawks which we gave up for biggy and werent going to use anyway

will take a look into this in more detail when i can be bothered

from memory he gave up picks in the 40s/50s last year that we could have taken a KPF like Lemmey, scully or keeler for picks this year which are 57 from dees and 63 from hawks which we gave up for biggy and werent going to use anyway

What happened to Keeler, anyone remember? He looked like he could really play.

Did we see lemmey Scully or keeler this yr?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He traded them for market rate.

Brady went from a surprise of JHF asking for a trade at start of window to Wardlaw and Sheezel.

Sure he got left with some dregs but he converted them into live currency.

With the George pick obviously we rated that part of the draft so he used an F2 to get it.

I’m glad we got pick 57 and 63 this year instead of using those picks last year

We only had one list spot left and we still needed to draft Cooper.

He traded them for market rate.

Brady went from a surprise of JHF asking for a trade at start of window to Wardlaw and Sheezel.

Sure he got left with some dregs but he converted them into live currency.

With the George pick obviously we rated that part of the draft so he used an F2 to get it.
I’m not talking about the high end picks I’m responding and backing up the point that was made that we ended up with picks in the 40s and 50s which we essentially threw away for 57 and 65 this year

Last year Rawlings stuffed up the list numbers and we ended up having to dump picks. We can't afford to make that rookie mistake again.

At the moment we have four senior list spots and six picks.

If we plan on taking five players at the draft, we need at least six list spots to give ourselves some flexibility. This isn't good news for Bonar and Mahony, we really need to delist them both. If we wanted to keep one of them, we could also pay out or push back Lazarro.
Bonar was done as soon as Biggy agreed IMO

If you think getting Wardlaw, Sheezel and trading up for George was a shambles then good luck to you.

Crikey, what a defensive reaction. I like Rawlings. The recent selections have been excellent and he is a capable negotiator. These are the most important parts of his job. However, his management of player numbers has been poor. He clearly needs help with this, I hope we have someone doing that this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back