List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not talking about the high end picks I’m responding and backing up the point that was made that we ended up with picks in the 40s and 50s which we essentially threw away for 57 and 65 this year

He didnt throw them away he converted them into something that we could potentially use.

At the time the 2023 pool was considered likely deeper than the 2022 pool.

Worth looking into now that its all materialised
from memory he gave up picks in the 40s/50s last year that we could have taken a KPF like Lemmey, scully or keeler for picks this year which are 57 from dees and 63 from hawks which we gave up for biggy and werent going to use anyway

will take a look into this in more detail when i can be bothered
No rush.

I’m aware
We also weren’t going to use that pick
And could have got biggie in the psd
It's a nothing pick..

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

Throw the old family reasons line out

No one ever questions that

Sorry all I’ve got family reasons i’d rather stay in vic

Game set match
Ah we’re back on this train are we?

It seems to fly between “we don’t want him anyway” to “let’s get him to stuff the system”

Which is it?

Yep let’s draft mids galore instead

Even when next years draft has better mids
Idiotic

And give me watto over anyone bar Reid in the draft any day of the week on talent alone

If we recruit players who have an immediate impact like Sheezel and Wardlaw (when he was able to play), we might improve to a point we wont get another look at a top end pick for some time, so we wont know where we will be in the draft next year, or how much fo the talent reaches expectation. You can't really crystal ball too far into the future.

West Coast had a strong midfield group before they drafted Judd, was that a mistake? Their forward line was garbage. In the end, Judd was what took a good midfield group and turned it into a premiership team and it ceased to be when he left. I am not saying we are in the same position or anyone in the draft is Judd-esque, but your focus should be on bringing in elite talent. We are a bottom 2 team because our midfield isn't good enough. I am not sure how anyone has the confidence that it is complete and we can invest heavily in fringe areas of the game like small forwards. We can't get the ball inside 50 enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we recruit players who have an immediate impact like Sheezel and Wardlaw (when he was able to play), we might improve to a point we wont get another look at a top end pick for some time, so we wont know where we will be in the draft next year, or how much fo the talent reaches expectation. You can't really crystal ball too far into the future.

West Coast had a strong midfield group before they drafted Judd, was that a mistake? Their forward line was garbage. In the end, Judd was what took a good midfield group and turned it into a premiership team and it ceased to be when he left. I am not saying we are in the same position or anyone in the draft is Judd-esque, but your focus should be on bringing in elite talent. We are a bottom 2 team because our midfield isn't good enough. I am not sure how anyone has the confidence that it is complete and we can invest heavily in fringe areas of the game like small forwards. We can't get the ball inside 50 enough.
Nail > Head

Not sure you can really say our midfield isn't good enough. This season was such a mess that our best midfield has never even played together.

Pick 8 will most likely yield O'Sullivan or Caddy.

Pick 15 & 18 become 20 & 23 on draft night, two players from (probably):

Hardeman, Tholstrup, DeMattia, A.Reid, Roberts, Green, Collard, Edwards x 2.

Can't see the Catters entertaining that swap.

Pick 8 will most likely yield O'Sullivan or Caddy.

Pick 15 & 18 become 20 & 23 on draft night, two players from (probably):

Hardeman, Tholstrup, DeMattia, A.Reid, Roberts, Green, Collard, Edwards x 2.

Can't see the Catters entertaining that swap.
Think of it as 8,25,60 and 61 vs 15,18, 25 and 60

They only have 2 decent picks atm
Splitting 8 to get the more spread out hand could appeal

They have spots to fill after not bringing in anyone

Someone else also raised that but overs imo

15 and 18 for 8 is fair
If North want Pick#8 that much then overs is what we might have to pay for once...2,3,8,25,and 57 is still a pretty good hand and maybe we might be able to use pick 25 and 1 of our futures (but not 1) for something closer as well..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back