List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this could well be a live trade option once Reid is out of the picture. If we went Caddy or Curtin at 2. You'd think Dees go Duursma at 3. Hawks and Dogs go McKercher or Watson. Sanders or one of Caddy/Curtin still on the board. We also get Leake/Windsor/Wilson which gives us a gun utility or outside run and kicking we don't have much of. Not saying I'd do it, as it's somewhat of a gamble, but it's certainly food for thought.

Can't see us taking caddy or Curtin at 2... in fact zero chance... be duurs or mckerch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If I was WC I’d be taking the Dee’s offer. There is every chance they self implode and miss the 8 next year. 3 first rounders makes so much sense for them.

I don’t think it makes sense for WCE to accept the offer now, probably best to give the Dees time to figure out a way to snare further draft capital for this year before submitting a final offer. I just hope Rawlings doesn’t muck up our draft hand.

If I was WC I’d be taking the Dee’s offer. There is every chance they self implode and miss the 8 next year. 3 first rounders makes so much sense for them.
Not sure WC would do that deal.

As it stands, they're guaranteed one of Reid, Curtin or McKercher.

Do that deal and they're guaranteed none.

Might as well light the fuse now.

I don’t think it makes sense for WCE to accept the offer now, probably best to give the Dees time to figure out a way to snare further draft capital for this year before submitting a final offer. I just hope Rawlings doesn’t muck up our draft hand.

There it goes again... Brady and his one man band!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure WC would do that deal.

As it stands, they're guaranteed one of Reid, Curtin or McKercher.

Do that deal and they're guaranteed none.

Might as well light the fuse now.
Yes , it's obvious WC aren't dealing with Melbourne they do they don't get any of the best 3 players in the draft .

They get 1 of the three or none, they won't not get one if the top three

The choice they have is Reid and pick 27 or

3 and pick 18

North either keep 2 3 15 17 18

Or 1 2 15 17

If I was them and I knew that Sanders was there at 6 then I'd do it. He is what they need. But I don't think that they have Sanders in their top 3 like I do.

For me personally, it’s because he’s a difference maker, up forward or in the square. We have all the midfield pieces, adding a young lad that could turn and win games as a cherry on top of an already promising midfield is what drew me into wanting to push for pick 1.

In saying that, Thomas can absolutely be that difference maker if he can pull his head in and push to be the best footballer he can be.
I'd also rate LDU in this discussion

I feel like theres a couple more clubs out there more willing to sell the farm for pick #1, than what we are.
What we have and what we're likely to have next year makes it hard to do a straight swap without overpaying significantly, also factoring in what WC seem to be asking.

Reckon a few teams further up the ladder would be more likely to overspend to get one good pick.

Just my gut feel, probably nothing to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making a play for pick 1 now says to me that they want to rule it in or out early. If we get 1 we won't have the collateral for the GWS or Geelong picks.

If they know they have 15 17 18 then they need time to negotiate with those parties.

Feels like we'll end up with three first rounders

Either
2, 3 and 8 (and change) Or
1, 3 and 18

Our offer is far better than the Dees imo.

Most have McKercher pretty close to Reid. Outside of those 2 and Walters its far less certain where players are rated. So pick 2 is way more valuable than 4. The difference is far more from 4 to 2 than 1 to 2.

Yes , it's obvious WC aren't dealing with Melbourne they do they don't get any of the best 3 players in the draft .

They get 1 of the three or none, they won't not get one if the top three

The choice they have is Reid and pick 27 or

3 and pick 18

North either keep 2 3 15 17 18

Or 1 2 15 17
If the Eagles were to pick swap with us it'd be for 2 & 15 as a minimum. Their fan base would burn the joint down if it was anything less than that (probably wouldn't be happy with this also).
Leaves us 1, 3, 17, 18 , still a nice set of numbers.
If we didn't get a decent offer for a pick upgrade of 17 & 18 I'd wait until draft night & see what we're offered for one of the 2 picks. You never know, there might be a player still available that another club rates highly & we could deal with them for a F1.
Who doesn't enjoy a good death ride?

Our offer is far better than the Dees imo.

Most have McKercher pretty close to Reid. Outside of those 2 and Walters its far less certain where players are rated. So pick 2 is way more valuable than 4. The difference is far more from 4 to 2 than 1 to 2.
Come on mate. That's a pisstake. WC need as many top 20 picks as they can get. Without bending over for them though. The holes in their list are gaping. If they have any sense they'd be looking to split 1.

However, as the most likely suitors, we haven't really offered them anything serious. Anyone saying our most recent offer is serious has been drinking Bigfooty Kool aid. Shocking offer. Melbourne's deal wasn't a bad one at all. I think WC might have accepted if pick 6 was pick 5 instead. Bit of insurance for Curtin, who looks to be behind Reid, McKercher, Duursma and Watson at this stage

If we’ve placed that as an initial “serious “ , I’m sure we’ll up the ante at some point.
I sure as hell hope not. We have 7 spots to fill. We give up 2 teen picks without 23 coming back we're selling our own list short on quality. Dropping 1 pick (17) and 5 spots on 18 is more than enough.
Just take the two Tassie lads, 3 talls with 15,17, 18 and then look at trading next years first and get some FAs in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back