2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangely had chances to win that match in the last when they really maybe shouldn’t have been in the game, like I said before the ground dimensions just allows for more congestion and kept the scoreboard intact unlike what happened against say Centrals at the Ponderosa with a similar team.

Another stupid bye next week in the SANFL for another pretty meaningless State game?

Surely play Port in a game next week?
Haven't we already had the state game? I thought it was in Gather Round.

I don't get to see the SANFL games and am wondering how Dowling went this week? What's the deficiency in his game because (stats wise) he seems to be building a solid body of work to be considered for AFL?

View attachment 1985484

Lacks experience.

I don't get to see the SANFL games and am wondering how Dowling went this week? What's the deficiency in his game because (stats wise) he seems to be building a solid body of work to be considered for AFL?

View attachment 1985484
Billy has developed into a good in and under inside midfielder. He gets his hands on the ball and usually handballs it to the advantage of a team mate. Unfortunately for Billy, he has Crouch and Laird currently in front of him in this role.

We have been playing him as a part time inside mid, part time outside mid (wing) in recent games but his strength is as an inside mid. Some would argue that we should only be playing one of Crouch or Laird so it is very unlikely we will play all three in the AFL. Imho, if an opportunity arises for Billy he could become a solid AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strangely had chances to win that match in the last when they really maybe shouldn’t have been in the game, like I said before the ground dimensions just allows for more congestion and kept the scoreboard intact unlike what happened against say Centrals at the Ponderosa with a similar team.
Genuine question… why is Elizabeth referred to as the Ponderosa?

Billy has developed into a good in and under inside midfielder. He gets his hands on the ball and usually handballs it to the advantage of a team mate. Unfortunately for Billy, he has Crouch and Laird currently in front of him in this role.

We have been playing him as a part time inside mid, part time outside mid (wing) in recent games but his strength is as an inside mid. Some would argue that we should only be playing one of Crouch or Laird so it is very unlikely we will play all three in the AFL. Imho, if an opportunity arises for Billy he could become a solid AFL player.
Maybe we could look to the future and play Dowling, by moving Laird to a back pocket

Maybe we could look to the future and play Dowling, by moving Laird to a back pocket

That's not how selection works, so no. Teams won't cut their nose off to spite their face.

Whilst it is possible we move Laird back/forward/wherever, it will not be so a 0 gamer gets midfield time - unless they are a Rowell/JHF/Reid like talent and walk into the league with an elite contested game. Dowling is not that. For us, it'll probably be to move one of Rankine/Rachele into the midfield.

Right now, Dowling is probably waiting on us to flick someone like Cook, McHenry or Jones. Or injuries. All three of them was lucky to survive the axe last time around so it doesn't seem to far away. Of course, we may go Schoenberg first seeing Nicks and co. are well and truly infatuated with Schoey.

Genuine question… why is Elizabeth referred to as the Ponderosa?
“Elizabeth Oval, home of Central District in the SANFL is quite often referred to as the 'Posderosa', one of my fave nicknames, named after the Ponderosa Ranch in the western 'Bonanza' because of it's huge dimensions.”

View attachment 1985484
He's been genuinely improving - perhaps lacks impact with some of his possessions, and where he's best (inside) we don't need too many players in that role.

I think he gets a chance this year, and he's learning how to do other things on the ground.

He played well. Dowling, Borlase and Berry also good.
I don’t mind picking Murphy if he plays well. Selection integrity is crucial for the culture of any club. It means pressure is right on Ned cook smith etc to perform in seniors this week. Borlase puts pressure on butts. Dowling also adds to his resume and Berry and Harry continue to put pressure on on ballers. This is how it should be.

I would like to see Edwards and Ryan increasingly in bests too. Gallagher is a worry though. Each week he is only getting a handful of possessions. maybe play him on the wing where he can use pace to his advantage

Strauchnie must have had 22 shitty possessions to not make it to BP for the club At least it keeps putting pressure on ROB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back