No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it proven the allegations with the football staff?
IMG_5407.jpeg

The "internal investigation", by the way, was done by Lyon loyalists. Unsurprisingly the external investigation ended differently. I believe the woman 100% in this case because it checks out with things that every person I've known who has known, played for or worked with Lyon has said - that he's a creep, a bully and a tyrant.

View attachment 1895794

The "internal investigation", by the way, was done by Lyon loyalists. Unsurprisingly the external investigation ended differently. I believe the woman 100% in this case because it checks out with things that every person I've known who has known, played for or worked with Lyon has said - that he's a creep, a bully and a tyrant.

Yikes thats appalling not sure how he is back in the industry.

Yikes thats appalling not sure how he is back in the industry.
As I said the AFL can give all the speeches they want on how there's "no place in footy for (insert particular wrongdoing)", but their track record when it comes to consequences for the culprits suggests there very much IS a place in footy for (insert particular wrongdoing), if the culprit's willing to lay low for 6-12 months til the PR storm blows over.

As I said the AFL can give all the speeches they want on how there's "no place in footy for (insert particular wrongdoing)", but their track record when it comes to consequences for the culprits suggests there very much IS a place in footy for (insert particular wrongdoing), if the culprit's willing to lay low for 6-12 months til the PR storm blows over.
And ch9 had him on the books

Tarryn Thomas.

I rest my case.

Papley's 2yo won the first race at Randwick today, which should have him in a good mood given how he and a few others lost their mind when their horse won at Sale (or wherever it was) a couple of years ago.

Ryan Clarke and P McCartin also in the ownership group. Clarke was on course, which makes me wonder if he is going to be staying in Sydney. He would be a more than handy top up player for the reserves.

Papley's 2yo won the first race at Randwick today, which should have him in a good mood given how he and a few others lost their mind when their horse won at Sale (or wherever it was) a couple of years ago.

Ryan Clarke and P McCartin also in the ownership group. Clarke was on course, which makes me wonder if he is going to be staying in Sydney. He would be a more than handy top up player for the reserves.
And it beat Matt Damons horse

Mid-season Draft is happening:

The league has asked clubs to lodge submissions on a number of major issues but it’s believed the change to trading, allowing players to switch clubs during a season, will be ticked off for 2025.

And here are the other items:

The submissions from clubs will also deal with topics such as:

- Loosening the rules on matching bids for Academy players in the top 40 of the draft, after teams like West Coast complained;

- Changes to the draft bidding and points system, following Gold Coast’s ability to easily obtain the draft picks needed to match four first-round bids;

- Whether pick purchasing (buying draft picks by giving up unused salary cap space) should be introduced;

- Ideas on how to bring more Indigenous and multicultural players in to the league;

- AFLW and Under-18s league rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke signed with the NT mob. Part time at best.

Ah! Would love him playing VFL for us and doing something else too. Good clubman. Gotta make a living though.

He almost certainly will play somewhere in addition to NT. Would be good if he plays with vfl with us.

Dont know if he has developed business interests or studied. Sports science could be his bag.

The league has asked clubs to lodge submissions on a number of major issues but it’s believed the change to trading, allowing players to switch clubs during a season, will be ticked off for 2025.

- Loosening the rules on matching bids for Academy players in the top 40 of the draft, after teams like West Coast complained;

- Changes to the draft bidding and points system, following Gold Coast’s ability to easily obtain the draft picks needed to match four first-round bids;

- Whether pick purchasing (buying draft picks by giving up unused salary cap space) should be introduced;

- Ideas on how to bring more Indigenous and multicultural players in to the league;

Translation: appease Vic clubs.

Zero issues with any changes that may come from there. Think the changes will be streamlined with academy/nga/FS so it's not a bad thing if it is the same thing across the board, least there will be less whinging every year. The GC situation won't happen again or at least it won't be as terribly easy for them to match, you want the players you take yourselves out of the next draft.

Part of me wants to hate St Kilda.
But I cannot because Nick Riewoldt played for it.
When he took that mark, horizontal, running backward at the SCG I put his courage alongside Paul Kelly's.

Zero issues with any changes that may come from there. Think the changes will be streamlined with academy/nga/FS so it's not a bad thing if it is the same thing across the board, least there will be less whinging every year. The GC situation won't happen again or at least it won't be as terribly easy for them to match, you want the players you take yourselves out of the next draft.

Im holding my breath but the logistics around player movement mid season does not induce well for both NSW clubs.

I wouldn't be so sure about it. They'll always find something to whinge about.

Im holding my breath but the logistics around player movement mid season does not induce well for both NSW clubs.

There will be strict rules on mid season trades and we can use it to our advantage anyway if we aren’t having the best season, it can be a positive. Bank extra assets going forward.

Collingwood won the flag with NGA and father son picks in their team. Not sure the northern academies are the issue in the race for equality.
Vic fans keep complaining how unfair the Academies are, yet Victorian clubs continue to win premierships. The balance of power is still in their favour and they willfully ignore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back