Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh, weird, would have thought tigs2010 would have told you at least.
season 9 my bad GIF by Shameless

1710421815018.png

Going in with a pretty unique structure this year, as I think there's just too many question marks around many of the top MIDs and how much they'll end up averaging whereas the DEF and FWD premos are going to more comfortably be top 6.

Houston - been quietly very hot on him as a POD and top 6 DEF. See: His 103 post-bye average (whether or not you include finals). Over the preseason, Port added BZT and Ratugolea, two key defenders who will help Houston be even less accountable than he already is. He scored 114 in the praccy. He's known for dropping a stinker every so often, but 4 of his 5 games that were under 70 last year were away from home. He plays 8 of his first 12 games in Adelaide... need I say more?

Salem - Honestly one of the picks I'm more nervous about given the doubts about his midfield role. But I think he arguably has just as much chance at being top 6 as Whitfield, and he has 20+ points of upside if all goes well.

Flanders - Going to buck the trend of everyone planning to trade Heeney to Flanders in Round 4 here. I just have to start Flanders because his role was perfect in Round 0 and he's every chance to end with an average 10 points more than the next best forward. He got 56% CBAs, which is actually more than all but one game in the 10-game stretch at the end of last year where he averaged 105. The other part of this is that I don't want to trade Heeney... because I forsee him being every chance to be top 6 even if he reverts back to his usual role. Has anyone tried to make a rolling 22? Because the bar to be a top 6 forward is on the bloody floor this year.

Would like to get ZReid up to Hore but struggling to find a way at the moment.

View attachment 1928129

Going in with a pretty unique structure this year, as I think there's just too many question marks around many of the top MIDs and how much they'll end up averaging whereas the DEF and FWD premos are going to more comfortably be top 6.

Houston - been quietly very hot on him as a POD and top 6 DEF. See: His 103 post-bye average (whether or not you include finals). Over the preseason, Port added BZT and Ratugolea, two key defenders who will help Houston be even less accountable than he already is. He scored 114 in the praccy. He's known for dropping a stinker every so often, but 4 of his 5 games that were under 70 last year were away from home. He plays 8 of his first 12 games in Adelaide... need I say more?

Salem - Honestly one of the picks I'm more nervous about given the doubts about his midfield role. But I think he arguably has just as much chance at being top 6 as Whitfield, and he has 20+ points of upside if all goes well.

Flanders - Going to buck the trend of everyone planning to trade Heeney to Flanders in Round 4 here. I just have to start Flanders because his role was perfect in Round 0 and he's every chance to end with an average 10 points more than the next best forward. He got 56% CBAs, which is actually more than all but one game in the 10-game stretch at the end of last year where he averaged 105. The other part of this is that I don't want to trade Heeney... because I forsee him being every chance to be top 6 even if he reverts back to his usual role. Has anyone tried to make a rolling 22? Because the bar to be a top 6 forward is on the bloody floor this year.

Really like your Houston analysis!

View attachment 1928129

I had Houston for a lot of pre season, don't make me reconsider!

His floors are very low ....and too many for my liking
Well I've never started with the Sicily rollercoaster before, so I figured I might as well start with Sicily v2!

Personally I'm okay with the low floors as long as his average is Top 6, just cos I don't need him to go up in price very quickly like I would a rookie or midpricer.

1710457560815.png

What would you spend this $285k on? I really rate this setup but can't leave that much in the bank for a starting side.

Coffield to Budarick is a play.
Maybe Cadman into Fyfe and move Reid/Wilson to bench.

Cadman to Budarick via Windsor at utility? Takes Coffield off the field and puts one of the Defs in the UTL position?

Thanks both, yeah Budarick was one I was playing around with instead of Coffield / Windsor down back to ride his price increase and role.

Fyfe I've been avoiding but he's coming back into late consideration just due to the cash there.

Something I've been tinkering with for a bit since the news came through about double price rises - the cash gen side:

DEF: Sheezel, Whitfield, H. Young, Salem, Budarick, Z. Williams (Z. Reid, Howes)

MID: Viney, T. Miller, Newcombe, N. Martin, Wines, Jordon, McKercher, Sanders (Roberts, J. Clark)

RUC: D. Cameron, Grundy (Xerri)

FWD: Heeney, Fisher, Fyfe, Sexton, H. Reid, D. Wilson (Dempsey, Cadman)

UTL: (Lazzaro)

Scores Round 0 -

Whitfield 137 (30Kish)
D. Cameron 131 (35Kish)
Viney 123 (20kish)
Grundy 121 (40Kish)
Heeney (35Kish)
T. Miller 110 (10kish)
Salem 95 (15Kish)
M. Roberts 91 (bench - 45Kish)
Budarick 88 (30Kish)
Sexton 82 (40Kish)
Jordon 78 (30Kish)
B. Howes 74 (bench - 40Kish)
Z. Williams 69 (15kish)
Cadman 47 (15Kish)
Windsor 46 (10Kish)

Add in the price rises of your other players, plus the price rises for these players after this round, and it is a genuine possibility that you could make 700K-1 MIL+ in 1 round.

If you make sure that each bye player on a certain line is on a different bye and therefore covered by the same player, it can work well (only exception is Whit and Budarick, but they're gone on their bye anyway). Captain options are limited, but Touk, Whit, Sheez, Newcombe and Viney should carry you through the first 6 weeks if you're clever with match-ups.

Can also essentially use your trades (if not forced) to trade out - as an example:

Whitfield - Sinclair
Budarick - Yeo

Heeney - Flanders
D. Cameron - rookie ruck

Xerri - RoMa/English
Viney - Naicos

Leave you with a side of:

DEF: Sinclair, Sheezel, H. Young, Salem, Yeo, Zilliams (Z. Reid, Howes)

MID: Naicos, T. Miller, Newcombe, N. Martin, Wines, Jordon, McKercher, Sanders (M. Roberts, J. Clark)

RUC: RoMa, Grundy (Barnett)

FWD: Flanders, Fisher, Fyfe, Sexton, H. Reid, D. Wilson (Dempsey, Cadman)

UTL (Lazzaro)

Get rid of Yeo and Zilliams over the coming weeks with rookie cash gen, shift back Martin and Naicos, and bring in two uber mids.

Also gives you only 6 bye players across the 4 rounds, instead of the 11 with this risky play.

Something to consider for those that may want something a bit more risky/have a screw around team ('partner's') - that they want to try something ballsy on.

As you were!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I've been tinkering with for a bit since the news came through about double price rises - the cash gen side:

DEF: Sheezel, Whitfield, H. Young, Salem, Budarick, Z. Williams (Z. Reid, Howes)

MID: Viney, T. Miller, Newcombe, N. Martin, Wines, Jordon, McKercher, Sanders (Roberts, J. Clark)

Scores Round 0 -

Whitfield 137 (30Kish)
D. Cameron 131 (35Kish)
Viney 123 (20kish)
Grundy 121 (40Kish)
Heeney (35Kish)
T. Miller 110 (10kish)
Salem 95 (15Kish)
Budarick 88 (30Kish)
Sexton 82 (40Kish)
Jordon 78 (30Kish)
Z. Williams 69 (15kish)
Cadman 47 (15Kish)
Windsor 46 (10Kish)

Add in the price rises of your other players, plus the price rises for these players after this round, and it is a genuine possibility that you could make 700K-1 MIL+ in 1 round.

If you make sure that each bye player on a certain line is on a different bye and therefore covered by the same player, it can work well. Captain options are limited, but Touk, Whit, Sheez, Newcombe and Viney should carry you through the first 6 weeks if you're clever with match-ups.

Can also essentially use your trades (if not forced) to trade out - as an example:

Whitfield - Sinclair
Budarick - Yeo

Heeney - Flanders
D. Cameron - rookie ruck

Xerri - RoMa/English
Viney - Naicos

MID: Naicos, T. Miller, Newcombe, N. Martin, Wines, Jordon, (M. Roberts, J. Clark)

UTL (Lazzaro)

Get rid of Yeo and Zilliams over the coming weeks with rookie cash gen, shift back Martin and Naicos, and bring in two uber mids.

Also gives you only 6 bye players across the 4 rounds, instead of the 11 with this risky play.

Something to consider for those that may want something a bit more risky/have a screw around team ('partner's') - that they want to try something ballsy on.

As you were!
I have 23 of the 30 in the cash gen side! Gulp…
The other 7 are Houston, Bont, Gawn, Steele, Tsatas, Sharp & Barnett
What could go wrong.

Last edited:

Scores Round 0 -

Whitfield 137 (30Kish)
D. Cameron 131 (35Kish)
Viney 123 (20kish)
Grundy 121 (40Kish)
Heeney (35Kish)
T. Miller 110 (10kish)
Salem 95 (15Kish)
Budarick 88 (30Kish)
Sexton 82 (40Kish)
Jordon 78 (30Kish)
Z. Williams 69 (15kish)
Cadman 47 (15Kish)
Windsor 46 (10Kish)

If you make sure that each bye player on a certain line is on a different bye and therefore covered by the same player, it can work well (only exception is Whit and Budarick, but they're gone on their bye anyway). Captain options are limited, but Touk, Whit, Sheez, Newcombe and Viney should carry you through the first 6 weeks if you're clever with match-ups.

Whitfield - Sinclair
Budarick - Yeo

Heeney - Flanders
D. Cameron - rookie ruck

Xerri - RoMa/English
Viney - Naicos

MID: Naicos, T. Miller, Newcombe, N. Martin, Wines, Jordon, McKercher, Sanders (M. Roberts, J. Clark)

UTL (Lazzaro)

As you were!
Hmm. Updating Tinder now.

1710466959425.png

Changed from Xerri R3. Other option would be Xerri R2 instead of Gawn and upgrade Blakey to Whitfield, or someone in my weak forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back