List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

As an avid listner to his podcast I am quite shocked to see that Jack was named in the academy squad.

GC are investing to see if the football ability genes spike up closer to draft age

As an avid listner to his podcast I am quite shocked to see that Jack was named in the academy squad.
Could be wrong here but Jack is a bottom ager for the U13s team this year, right? The kid either has some ability or the Suns are hoping to play the long game with him.

Could be wrong here but Jack is a bottom ager for the U13s team this year, right? The kid either has some ability or the Suns are hoping to play the long game with him.
Or, he lives in their zone and they are getting in early in the hopes he builds a love for the game and shows some loyalty to them, when it comes time?

Or, he lives in their zone and they are getting in early in the hopes he builds a love for the game and shows some loyalty to them, when it comes time?
That's essentially what I meant by suggesting that the Suns are potentially hoping to play the long game with him. Develop his abilities over several years and perhaps even build some loyalty like you say. For the record, I don't think the Suns had any say in their decision to relocate back to the Gold Coast last year. Think that had a lot more to do with Kylie, who is a Gold Coast native herself. Plus, Browny can still do his most of his media duties from Queensland these days after covid changed the way it all works. So they moved back to the GC where they were based during Browny's career anyway.

Think we can all agree if you have the opportunity to live in sunny Queensland and it doesn't affect your career then you should take it. Hence the Browns have returned to the Gold Coast.

That's essentially what I meant by suggesting that the Suns are potentially hoping to play the long game with him. Develop his abilities over several years and perhaps even build some loyalty like you say. For the record, I don't think the Suns had any say in their decision to relocate back to the Gold Coast last year. Think that had a lot more to do with Kylie, who is a Gold Coast native herself. Plus, Browny can still do his most of his media duties from Queensland these days after covid changed the way it all works. So they moved back to the GC where they were based during Browny's career anyway.

Think we can all agree if you have the opportunity to live in sunny Queensland and it doesn't affect your career then you should take it. Hence the Browns have returned to the Gold Coast.
The long game it is then.

The 2024 Coates League fixture has been announced:

Sydney Swans Academy - Boys are playing 4 games:

Round 4 vs Gippsland Power (A)
Round 5 vs Eastern Ranges (A)
Round 6 vs Tassie Devils (H)
Round 8 vs Sandringham Dragons (A)

GWS Giants Academy - Boys are playing 3 games:

Round 4 vs Tassie Devils (H)
Round 5 vs Sandringham Dragons (A)
Round 6 vs Murray Bushrangers (A)

Brisbane Lions Academy - Boys are playing 4 games:

Round 5 vs Northern Knights (H)
Round 6 vs Eastern Ranges (A)
Round 7 vs Calder Cannons (H)
Round 8 vs Dandenong Stingrays (A)

Gold Coast Suns Academy - Boys are playing 4 games:

Round 5 vs Oakleigh Chargers (H)
Round 6 vs Dandenong Stingrays (A)
Round 7 vs Geelong Falcons (H)
Round 8 vs Calder Cannons (A)

NT Thunder - Boys are playing 2 games:

Round 4 vs Western Jets (A)
Round 5 vs Tassie Devils (A)

Full fixture: Home and Away competition fixtures | PlayHQ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Grandson played against Geesu a couple of times, he is a gun and a highlight reel, needs to work on his fitness from what I saw though, pretty sure he's 2025 draft.
Geesu has been injured virtually constantly since October. Any testing results should be tken with a grain of salt, I'm surprised he even tested. He would far exceed any results he produced off a decent fitness base.

He is a serious talent, one that the QLD Schoolboys u15 coach failed to even pick!!

Geesu has been injured virtually constantly since October. Any testing results should be tken with a grain of salt, I'm surprised he even tested. He would far exceed any results he produced off a decent fitness base.

He is a serious talent, one that the QLD Schoolboys u15 coach failed to even pick!!
He can spend 2026-27 as Charlie Cameron's apprentice, maybe even play a few games and take the number 1 small forward mantel in 2028.:D

Browny has publicly stated on numerous occasions that young Jack is no footballer. Tossed it in after about three games.
Reaffirmed this view a few days ago on SEN. He also confirms his daughter is currently a member of the Suns academy. Seems pretty happy with the pathway up here vs the pathway in Melbourne.

Why would his sisters success influence his career decisions?
Do you have an older sibling that you grew up with and is within a few years of you? If not, you probably don't understand the influence they can have on you in those younger years. One of your own Claye Beams is an example of a younger sibling who was pursuing something else (cricket) and around 17 years of age switched his attention back to footy when he saw what his older brother Dayne was doing in the AFL.

Do you have an older sibling that you grew up with and is within a few years of you? If not, you probably don't understand the influence they can have on you in those younger years. One of your own Claye Beams is an example of a younger sibling who was pursuing something else (cricket) and around 17 years of age switched his attention back to footy when he saw what his older brother Dayne was doing in the AFL.

Yeah, Nah.

lol not every family is like that. Kids are individuals as well. You can have one brother who is big in to sports, another brother who is a year younger who is not interested in sport at all.

lol not every family is like that. Kids are individuals as well. You can have one brother who is big in to sports, another brother who is a year younger who is not interested in sport at all.
Fair enough. I didn't state that it would happen. Just that it CAN happen and that I wouldn't be surprised IF it did happen.

Browny seemed to suggest that young Jack was massively into fishing at the moment. Could be a phase or could be a lifelong passion.

Fair enough. I didn't state that it would happen. Just that it CAN happen and that I wouldn't be surprised IF it did happen.

Browny seemed to suggest that young Jack was massively into fishing at the moment. Could be a phase or could be a lifelong passion.
From his podcast, it sounds like Jack is doing just about every other sport apart from footy. So he is definitely into sport but maybe not that interested in footy p.

From a post on the draft board :D >

3 Levi Ashcroft

A Brisbane Lions father-son, Levi won the Sandringham Dragons best and fairest last season in a premiership year as a bottom ager which is a great achievement. He’s a co captain of the Dragons this year . He’s a very high level midfielder who can push forward and hit the scoreboard. He’s going to be an exciting player for the Lions for years to come.

36 Sam Marshall

A member of the Brisbane Lions academy, the SFL academy and the Allies squad, plays his school footy at Melbourne Grammar. An elite runner, covers great ground contest to contest. Has built up his physical size over the last 18 months and become a midfielder who drives his legs out of the contest really well. Exciting prospect who will be a great asset to the Lions going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back