List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if North select Will with pick one, yet conveniently didnt keep Collingwood honest last year or would the feeling be they will select their no 1 pick and let the young man revel in being the no 1 or take the stress off the kid they select by not being no 1 given the troubles Horn-Francis? Time will tell of course but will be interesting nonetheless
The concern last year would have been that the Pies may have taken JHF and retrieved Daicos in 2 years. No way would the Lions play this game with Will. Ideally I'd hope they do and Will goes pick 2, less pressure on him

Isn't there another possible in Bradshaw's son or is he not up to AFL

Wouldn't think he'll get drafted.
Noah Bradshaw is an over aged player (draft eligible last year IIRC) and apparently improved considerably and had a very good season this year, maybe a chance at a rookie spot if we have one available.

Noah Bradshaw is an over aged player (draft eligible last year IIRC) and apparently improved considerably and had a very good season this year, maybe a chance at a rookie spot if we have one available.

We are probably going to have 4 very low draft picks to take. He might be a chance for one of those.

A couple of recent match reports on Noah Bradshaw from Rookie Me Central >

Noah Bradshaw

The ever-reliable midfielder was again one of his side’s best, finishing with 28 disposals and 11 tackles. Despite the heart breaking result, Bradshaw pushed until the final siren, doing it all in the centre. He tackled ferociously, highlighting his desire to defend first, but his offensive weapons were also on full display. He won the football on the inside, but also spread from the contest to provide an option around the ground. It was a performance that was difficult to fault, and the Bushrangers coaches must love the security Bradshaw brings to the table regarding a sustained midfield effort.

#28 Noah Bradshaw

Leading all comers with 33 disposals, Bradshaw became increasingly noticeable during a dominant second half. Having gotten his hands on the ball in-tight with clean distribution by hand, he went on to break to the outside a touch more after half time, drawing players on the run and sending the ball inside 50. His highlight for the day was a goal in the final quarter, where Bradshaw side-stepped an opponent and slotted the ball home as he drove inside attacking 50.

+ Rookie Me Central NAB league player of the year medal >

With 12 rounds in the book, Bushies on-baller and Brisbane Lions father-son candidate Noah Bradshaw leads an all-star cast in the count. Notching a whopping 31 votes thus far, the over-ager has polled in six of his nine outings. He produced three best afield performances, and three games which earned him four votes.

1. Noah Bradshaw (Murray Bushrangers) – 31
2. Jhye Clark (Geelong Falcons) – 23
3. Will Ashcroft (Sandringham Dragons) – 22
=4. Lachlan Cowan (Tasmania Devils) – 21
=4. Bailey Humphrey (Gippsland Power) – 21
6. Aaron Cadman (GWV Rebels) – 20
7. Elijah Tsatas (Oakleigh Chargers) – 19
8. Harley Reid (Bendigo Pioneers) – 18
=9. Taj Campbell-Farrell (Dandenong Stingrays) – 17
=9. Olivier Northam (Geelong Falcons) – 17

Bradshaw sounds like he could be a decent late option then, except I think we potentially are going to be needing to draft a tall. We are probably a little thin in our key backs. At least one of the late picks (IMO) should be for a key position back. Not that I have any knowledge if that sort of player would be available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the draft gurus on here. Let's say north Melbourne force our hand and pick him at number 1, we have to find 3,000 points (do we get any discount) then lets say Fletcher also nominates and goes around pick 16 thats another 1,67 points.

To trade in points we have to have positions on the list so we are talking a pretty big end of season trade/delisting/relisting period.

Has anyone had a go yet how we might do this?

Just doing quick maths on this, I don't think it'll be as impossible as it seems. Matching a bid for picks 1 and 17 costs 3220 points (with 20% discount).

We currently have 2182 points based on our current ladder position. The Dogs picked up +500 points for their first round pick last year. A band 3 compensation pick for McStay would currently be pick 33 worth 563 points. This would be enough points.

Obviously ignoring a lot of variables, and hopefully we end up with less overall points for our own picks by finishing higher. But the numbers don't seem impossible.

Just doing quick maths on this, I don't think it'll be as impossible as it seems. Matching a bid for picks 1 and 17 costs 3220 points (with 20% discount).

We currently have 2182 points based on our current ladder position. The Dogs picked up +500 points for their first round pick last year. A band 3 compensation pick for McStay would currently be pick 33 worth 563 points. This would be enough points.

Obviously ignoring a lot of variables, and hopefully we end up with less overall points for our own picks by finishing higher. But the numbers don't seem impossible.
What if we trade our 1st round pick & compo pick to the Suns for their 3 2nd round picks how much would we gain?

Bradshaw sounds like he could be a decent late option then, except I think we potentially are going to be needing to draft a tall. We are probably a little thin in our key backs. At least one of the late picks (IMO) should be for a key position back. Not that I have any knowledge if that sort of player would be available
Generally far more likely to find a decent key defender with a late pick as well. Doesn't have to be 17/18 either.

Having said that I would love us to trade next years first on draft night for a late first/ early second as well and grab a highly rated key position player like Briztoon has mentioned in Keeler. Bringing forward the development by a year.

Generally far more likely to find a decent key defender with a late pick as well. Doesn't have to be 17/18 either.

Having said that I would love us to trade next years first on draft night for a late first/ early second as well and grab a highly rated key position player like Briztoon has mentioned in Keeler. Bringing forward the development by a year.
Just from my uneducated observations, I reckon we have at least two decent key defenders in our academy. One for the 2023 draft, and another (maybe two) for the 2024 draft.

We also have an academy key forward in the 2023 draft.

And another in the 2024 draft that is highly rated by quite a few involved in the QAFL.

We also have a ruck in our U15’s (2025 draft) that won AA at the recent U15 national championships.

But I would still try and trade in to this years draft if Keeler was available.

While I do like a couple of the key defenders in the draft, I don’t see them as much of a big need, unless we’re losing Lester and another of our current defenders.

Just from my uneducated observations, I reckon we have at least two decent key defenders in our academy. One for the 2023 draft, and another (maybe two) for the 2024 draft.

We also have an academy key forward in the 2023 draft.

And another in the 2024 draft that is highly rated by quite a few involved in the QAFL.

We also have a ruck in our U15’s (2025 draft) that won AA at the recent U15 national championships.

But I would still try and trade in to this years draft if Keeler was available.

While I do like a couple of the key defenders in the draft, I don’t see them as much of a big need, unless we’re losing Lester and another of our current defenders.

Lester has to be a shoo-in to be moved to the rookie list. Still a lot of value in the 2s and as utility depth. Only other defender we potentially lose is Gardiner but I imagine he stays.

14 and 33 for 26, 31 and 36 nets us 113 points.
I believe the Suns will be far more interested in our future second round pick.

I reckon the Suns would trade their 3 second round picks and at least 1 of their third round picks for our first round pick and future second round pick.

I believe the Suns will be far more interested in our future second round pick.

I reckon the Suns would trade their 3 second round picks and at least 1 of their third round picks for our first round pick and future second round pick.

I agree, especially now it looks like they're going to get another first round pick for Rankine.

Trading our future second does mean we can't trade our future first this year without bringing a second back in though.

Haso how could you tell everyone! What is this, the Adelaide Crows board?!?
Nunezie, what you disclose to me within the bounds of confidentiality are between you and I, and the Nightmare Consultants:tm: that we brought in to breathe grim life into your deepest fears and erect them into the land of the living in an insult and afront unto Our Lord:tm:

Lester has to be a shoo-in to be moved to the rookie list. Still a lot of value in the 2s and as utility depth. Only other defender we potentially lose is Gardiner but I imagine he stays.
I would imagine that a couple of players would be moved to the rookie list where possible.

There might be a couple currently on the rookie list, that will have to be promoted, if we wish to keep them.

As I’ve mentioned before, we can delist a few of our players at the bottom of our depth chart, to create space for enough picks to take to the draft, and redraft them via the PSD.

Nor do we have to run with a full senior list next year.

How many of our reserves games have we had to play all 10 of our VFL top ups?

We could max out our rookie list, but run with a short senior list, keeping two spots available.

That would enable us to afford a greedy Sydney based key forward, hypothetically.

It would also give us two spots to fill during the preseason SSP, or mid season rookie draft.

We could invite a couple of undrafted players to train with the senior team after Christmas, with the ability to sign one before the season starts.

I found myself supporting Essendon to push them further up the ladder to boost our chances of getting Will (as has been the case all year), and then realised it doesn't matter anymore. Lovely moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back