Position 2024 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, start him if you like but he's not value is he?
English is my (C) player ....if not him Gawn (C)

Being serious for a moment though ....so many podcasts / experts preaching "value" , "no injury prone" ect ect ......and everyone has this year compromised their own preachings

I've been having quite the chuckle

My team is 90% set .....Jackson's not part of the final 30 ....two reasons, a) unknown period of lead RUCK ..and b) His scoring as a lead Ruck last year was volatile ....his 149 v BRIS was not with the Big O playing c) and yes I've thrown a 3rd reason ....he's not a value pick, price wise
If Macrae was fit I'd comfortably be selecting him instead. I guess we'll find out next week...

He pumps out 140s for fun he is a better captain option than Bont
We’ll see he’ll probably still score well because his role is just ridiculously good for SC ie ruckman who racks up effective disposals & can hit the scoreboard and takes intercept marks.

But i think there will be a shift to how much ruck time he plays this year, I don’t think it’ll be like 90% ruck like last year, I’d expect that pulled back with a little bit more to Lobb and especially when Darcy forces his way in could even be looking like 60-70% ruck for Timmy, as the mix just seems better for the team when he doesn’t ruck the full game

1709817662317.png
jennifer-aniston-thinking-xj9f75v58p1bycm2.gif

English is my (C) player ....if not him Gawn (C)

Being serious for a moment though ....so many podcasts / experts preaching "value" , "no injury prone" ect ect ......and everyone has this year compromised their own preachings

I've been having quite the chuckle

uAMTlc0qfYxmH8VflbeZN_2-Hrg=.gif

Rankine only in 5% of teams has floored me.

Expected plenty more to jump on after his performance last week.

Admittedly, I can see why Fisher is a more appealing option at his price, but the Aaron Hall similarities are so glaring I've convinced myself that a hammy strain is coming by half time of round 3 at the latest.
Rankine been the only constant in my fwd line since December.
Loving the 5%.

2.04 question for Horse re mid time for Heeney

Get the impression he’s still going to throw him around

Probably presents a similar risk to Jackson in the sense where his early season scoring might spike but may revert to type once the cavalry is back

100k vs early bye the difference

Probably presents a similar risk to Jackson in the sense where his early season scoring might spike but may revert to type once the cavalry is back

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What works a bit in Heeney's favour is that he's shown he can score in other roles previously (five seasons of 94+ scoring). Can't really say the same for Jackson yet.

I don’t think Heeney is a bad pick at all. He’s good for 85-90+ at the very worst, which isn’t the be all end all in the forward line. I’ll be starting him and if he flourishes, great, otherwise he will be an easy trade at his bye when we have a better idea on things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back