Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Our understanding and realisation of what talent we have, or don’t have, has changed. Hence the panic.
Only for the normal the sky is falling crowd.

We're short a midfielder, we knew that last year with us chasing Smith. Down 2 with Day out for the first 6 weeks.
We're short on a KPD, down 2 with Blanck out.
Short a quality KPF to pair with Lewis, Lewis has been injured all season.

The 3 biggest weakness to our list has also been in the area of injuries, how can people be surprised we've struggled.

We're short a midfielder, we knew that last year with us chasing Smith. Down 2 with Day out for the first 6 weeks.

The 3 biggest weakness to our list has also been in the area of injuries, how can people be surprised we've struggled.
We should keep an eye on Aaron Cadman. Lots of family and friends in Vic.

Offer Melican a four year deal. He won't refuse.

Get B.Smith in.

Imagine our side with just these three changes. We are so close.

B: Hardwick -Blanck - Sicily
HB: Impey - Melican - Mitchell
C: Weddle - Smith - Amon
HF: Moore - Chol - Ginnivan
FF: Watson - Lewis - Cadman
R: Meek - Day - Newcombe
IC: McKenzie - Scrimshaw - Worpel - Massimo

Get B.Smith in.

Plus Finn O’Sullivan most likely

Get B.Smith in.

Melican would be a good option for us. He looked like a handy player a few years ago (2019), then found himself out of the team for the last three seasons. Now he's back and looking solid.

Maybe we could offer him more job security and certainty more money. He'd fit right in at CHB and would be a decent placeholder for a few years whilst McCabe develops.

Agreed if anyone offered 2 firsts it would be hard to turn down as massive overs, but the issue is he needs immediate replacement. I would only entertain it if you either got a young KPF like Neale or Lord traded in or a stop gap like Lobb or Taberner for 2 years whilst Ramsden Dear McCabe and one of the Lewis picks from this trade where we draft a KPF develop. It’s like the strangest ever choose your own adventure book if that ever came to pass.
Lobb?

I’d rather play a man down than recruit Lobb

AFL HQ are making a lot of really poor short term decisions that will impact the game for a long time right now. So much for ‘equalisation

Lobb?

For the love of God, please no more journeyman who can’t get games at other clubs

This thread has gone pretty troppo today.
GIF by Amanda Cee Media

LDU is an interesting one.

By the end of next year, we could look completely different. We could be sitting around the 8-12 spot. Would he be tempted, especially with the construction of Dingley close to home. Much more exciting list than Saints.

Day, Newk, Baz (possibly), LDU, Nash and Frenchie is a tantalising group by 2026. Nearly all in that 23-26 range. Ready to explode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU is an interesting one.

By the end of next year, we could look completely different. We could be sitting around the 8-12 spot. Would he be tempted, especially with the construction of Dingley close to home. Much more exciting list than Saints.

Day, Newk, Baz (possibly), LDU, Nash and Frenchie is a tantalising group by 2026. Nearly all in that 23-26 range. Ready to explode.
Asking price will be too much for mine, LDU would be great, but I think our midfield already has a logjam growing, and I'd rather allocate capital to KPP.

Lobb?

That’s sort of the point I quickly skimmed the club lists and those 4 were the only potential replacements. Unless there is a state league option ready to go im unaware if losing Lewis would be a huge hole assuming he can get on the park of course.

If Melbourne somehow get their hands on two top 10 picks by trading Harrison Petty

And Offer them for Mitch Lewis

We would obviously look

But it aint gonna happen
He's an unrestricted free agent next year. Can't see Crows this year offering any more than a pick lower than what Demons would get as compensation next year. Definitely not two top ten picks. That ship has sailed.

Won't happen this year. If Norf finish last next year, that's pick two compo.
they could conceivably get pick 1 and 2 this year (zuurhar compo)...

...and pick 1 and 2 next year (LDU compo)

that would go with the 2 and 3 Wardlaw and Sheezel

and the 3 and 4 McKercher and Duursma

that would be 8 top 4 picks in 4 years

astonishing

I am sorry but if losing Lewis, Day and Blanck leaves you struggling to this degree the list has a long long way to go.

Struggling is one thing, clearly being the 2nd worst team in the league and completely uncompetitive in almost every game is another.

Given we don’t have much of a draft hand this year we should get roughy to blow everything up and use our enormous cap space and go get everyone!
Jarrod Berry and Hugh McLuggage
Cam Zurhaar
Will Hayward and Ollie Florent
Isaac Cumming
Jack Graham
Josh Battle

Get them all in a room and layout the plan.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
No to zurhaar. Do not give north the excuse for an extra first round pick via afl herbs and spices, it will push back our pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back