Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I've got no issue with him choosing to return home and then choosing to go to the Saints.

But I would rather we not bring him back given his age. He's still a good player, but I'd rather we give CJ, Weddle, D'Ambrosio, Mackenzie, Ward, etc game time over him.
He is better than all of them as a winger, and they just might learn a thing or two from him.
There's plenty of room in the rotation when you have half the team running up and down 3/4 of the ground.

Just my two cents - Brad Hill is a proven winner and you take those players for the right price.

I'd take B. Hill back in a heartbeat, just depends on the contract and trade value.
Anybody saying they wouldn't want him in our team bc he chose the Saints is being petty and vindictive.

If Sam and Rough want him back, then it's good enough for me.
We could get another 5-6 years of good form out of him.
Totally agree he suits the way Sam wants to play and is a proven winner and great kick inside 50. Which suits an undersized forwardline.
He went to freo to go home and lay with his brother then circumstances changed. How can anyone begrudge him the ridiculous deal St Kilda offered he would have been mad not to take it. Now he’s setup for retirement he’s looking for a final flag which won’t come with them.
You can argue he’s not right for where we are at but that’s clearly different to we shouldn’t take him back because he hurt your feelings.
Imagine our side in 2025 if it looked like this:
Hardwick Frost Scrimshaw
Sicily Battle Impey
Hill Newk Amon
Ginnivan Chol Moore
Watson Lewis CMac
Meek Day Smith
IC from: CJ Nash Worpel D’Ambrosio Weddle Dear Mitchell Blanck Hustwaite

Totally agree he suits the way Sam wants to play and is a proven winner and great kick inside 50. Which suits an undersized forwardline.
He went to freo to go home and lay with his brother then circumstances changed. How can anyone begrudge him the ridiculous deal St Kilda offered he would have been mad not to take it. Now he’s setup for retirement he’s looking for a final flag which won’t come with them.
You can argue he’s not right for where we are at but that’s clearly different to we shouldn’t take him back because he hurt your feelings.
We will be contending in 2-3 years and Hill will be just about the same age I.Smith was when he went to Geelong, who could have played for another year or two.
We've got some great kicks in this team.
Add Hill to Weddle's running power and it's almost like our three-peat era.
We will tear teams apart in a couple of seasons.

Bring.Him.Home!

Hill is class. And I genuinely believe he could be an AA winger playing the style Sam has us playing.

We’re trying to win flags. If we can add someone of his caliber for a few years for a good deal then you absolutely do it.

If it pushes out a less experienced and developed player then so be it. As a club we’ll be closer to a flag and that player pushed out will eventually be better for having needed to work harder for a spot. It also creates quality depth in the list.

Not sure if Hill in straight swap for Butler is fair value. I would want something a 3rd rounder to come with Hill.

Personally I've got no issue with him choosing to return home and then choosing to go to the Saints.

But I would rather we not bring him back given his age. He's still a good player, but I'd rather we give CJ, Weddle, D'Ambrosio, Mackenzie, Ward, etc game time over him.
If he had come back to us, maybe we could have landed Henry as well.

Hawks reported to be looking to spend money.

Brad Hill:
Here I Am Surprise GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside players like issy and hill can easily play into their mid 30s . We will Lose some experience in the next year or 2 so I wouldn't be against it as a cheaper option who slides into our best 22 most weeks.

The idea that Hill “owed us” and was a “mercenary” for not choosing to come back to us when we sat where we sat is laughable at best.

He would absolutely add to our ball movement and could play for another 4+ years.

If he wanted to jump to us you do it every day of the week as he definitely improves us.

Butler for Hill would be a great deal for us. Could see Butler being delisted end of year as things stand.
Both are contracted for next yr, so has to be trade. Butler is a curious case, seems to play lot better at AFL level compared to VFL.

The idea that Hill “owed us” and was a “mercenary” for not choosing to come back to us when we sat where we sat is laughable at best.

He would absolutely add to our ball movement and could play for another 4+ years.

If he wanted to jump to us you do it every day of the week as he definitely improves us.

Age profile would be my only concern. People taking more money is human nature - if I had a rival firm offering to significantly improve my situation I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Just imagine how angry Clarko would be if it happened. You just know it would :poo: him to 💧💧💧

It would all come down to what it would cost to get Hill across.
To think Saints would take a player who recently broke their leg and yet to show much at AFL level, for one of their highest paid contracted players is ridiculous.
Even if Brad wants to come I don’t think we could satisfy a trade for what they would want.
Not great optics for Saints, they’re in sales mode to their members over the appointment of Ross, telling everyone to be patient steps backward etc then Hill walks out the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back