2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of an overreaction on us, we didn't start 7-0 for no reason.
We can put away the bottom dwellers and mid table teams for which we have a bunch of them in the back half of the year.
We've lost to GWS by 4, Port by 6 and Melbourne by 8.
A lucky break and we are sitting here 10-1
Yeah I agree that there's definitely some recency bias in my brain while doing this, and we know how quickly opinions on teams can change from week to week. But the top 13-14 teams are actually quite strong, and missing out on the 8 wouldn't take a lot this year. The last few rounds are going to be very exciting if it remains as close as I think! 2 wins could be the difference between top 4 and missing the 8 entirely, that's pretty insane stuff.

Port, Melbourne and Geelong missing the 8 sounds crazy to me because I think they're top 8 teams for sure. And I honestly don't think we should be as high as we are, I don't think we are any threat of the flag. But that's how the ladder ended up :shrug:

Last edited:
True …
Probably time to start rotating the GF. The Melbourne bias is getting way too obvious to be tenable in a national competition.

Well I personally liked it in 2020 and 2021. However both vic teams won it which was surprising.

But no GF and GMHBA. That’s would be an awful spectacle. Might as well have it at punt road oval. At least you can see the MCG in the background.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I personally liked it in 2020 and 2021. However both vic teams won it which was surprising.

But no GF and GMHBA. That’s would be an awful spectacle. Might as well have it at punt road oval. At least you can see the MCG in the background.
Sort of like picturing Jennifer Hawkins while you're kissing Gina Rinehart?

That’s a Melbourne perspective.
Or bias.

Personally I’d love to see the GF travelling around. Most sporting comps around the world rotate the GF equivalent game, why not the AFL?

Oh that’s right.
VIC bias.
It is what it is …

That’s a Melbourne perspective.
Or bias.

Personally I’d love to see the GF travelling around. Most sporting comps around the world rotate the GF equivalent game, why not the AFL?

Oh that’s right.
VIC bias.
It is what it is …
100% Victorian winning percentage of GF's played outside of Victoria

Yep.
It’s hard for a non Victorian team to win the granny. Especially when the rules change (trade bans, etc) when a non VIC team is successful.
you mean when Sydney stopped getting an extra million in the salary cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back