List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

What utter tripe, Michalanney would have been scouted the same as any other youngster showing talent through the junior pathway. It's not his job to identify him as a F/S especially knowing the circumstances.
Whose job is it?

What utter tripe, Michalanney would have been scouted the same as any other youngster showing talent through the junior pathway. It's not his job to identify him as a F/S especially knowing the circumstances.
So you agree with Trigger?

Our best first round draft pick in nearly 10 years, Hamish had nothing to with selection.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So you agree with Trigger?

Our best first round draft pick in nearly 10 years, Hamish had nothing to with selection.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nothing to do with it is probably over the top, we obviously saw him as worthy of selecting in the first round. That’s compared to say a Keeler type, who we straight up rejected

‘Fell into our lap’ is probably a more accurate description

First round picks since 2016

Gallucci pick 15
Fogarty 12
Jones 9
McHenry 16
McAsey 6
Thilthorpe 2
Pedlar 11
Rachele 6
Michalanney 17
Curtin 8
Our rebuild of the AFC can be summarized with this list with why we are in the position we are in.

First round picks since 2016

Gallucci pick 15
Fogarty 12
Jones 9
McHenry 16
McAsey 6
Thilthorpe 2
Pedlar 11
Rachele 6
Michalanney 17
Curtin 8
Throw in what we gave up for Fog and the cost of the Gibbs transfer that year.
In Gooch's year PA picked up SPP and Marshall straight after Gooch. Marshall has done more than Fog imho.

In Gooch's year PA picked up SPP and Marshall straight after Gooch. Marshall has done more than Fog imho.
It gets better as I remember this time period really well in the draft.

We took Milera with Danger compensation which we always have bitched and complained about, however we didnt take the player after Milera because he had some off field issues at the time.

Would we have complained about Danger compo if we took Charlie Curnow who went next after Milera?

1.png

lol, like we went out of our way to chose the worst person to get with Gooch from that draft, given the players that came immediately after.
Any player after Gooch would have made a better contribution to our team.
1.png

Our list management does seem a bit scattegun though, maybe if I put myself forward as a cat B rookie they'll use their random number draft generator and I'll be picked
Only Picked? lol. :D

With the AFC, you are more likely to be also part of our leadership group. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our football philosophy and system is completely broken.

We need to move on from holding up "effort" as the example and standard.

Effort should be a hygiene factor and those who actually execute should be what we highlight as the standard.

We need an administration that appreciates this.

I don't give a s**t how you do in practice if you perform on game day under pressure then that is the example of leadership Im holding up.

So just need another 21 first-round father-sons to build a team?

There’s Welsh and the other Michelanney, so we only need 19 more.
I see 4 potential elite mids in this picture, at least, so 15 to go. :$

d954394d780e75ed5161afbd40b2f626

There had been 1 SA player taken through the old SANFL Father/Son rule that I can recall Brett Ebert son of the legendary Russel Ebert in the very early 2000's so is it really a surprise some 20 years later a son of a former Norwood SANFL players was missed by everyone other than former Norwood coach Peter Rhode?
There was also plenty of conjecture re Max's eligibility at the time also?
So is it his job or not?

Or is it someone else's at the club?

Our football philosophy and system is completely broken.

We need to move on from holding up "effort" as the example and standard.

Effort should be a hygiene factor and those who actually execute should be what we highlight as the standard.

We need an administration that appreciates this.

I don't give a s**t how you do in practice if you perform on game day under pressure then that is the example of leadership Im holding up.
Exactly, if we actually had selection integrity effort would come naturally instead of it being the reason they are picked in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back