• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to remember the last trade for Freo I discussed with reasonable posters on the other side and we either paid less than they thought they'd get for an out of contract player or we got more than they thought for our out of contract player.. Probably Neale funny enough but that just might be because it was so long ago.

Henry had Saints posters thinking pick in the 20s
Jackson (not Danny) they thought two firsts and sending some back
Langdon, the early 20s pick outright

We have a very clear trade philosophy.
In contract for us: TAKE THE ******* HOUSE!!!
All other scenarios: Please sir, be gentle <bats eye lids>

Anyone in or out of note I'm forgetting?

I’d play Baker as small forward.
Doesn’t that stop Simpson from getting a run?
I am really torn on Baker, to me he is best as a Switta role, but we have Switta, there’s no way we can play all of Baker, Switta, Serong, Simpson and Walters in the same team, it makes us too small. I know Walters is nearly at the end, but we need an elite damaging small goal kicking forward to replace him, I’m not sure that’s Baker, we have Switta and in the short term Simpson for the small forward/mid role and Serong as the small inside mid.
As others have pointed out, he’s a minimal upgrade on Aish in the backline and over 10cm shorter than Walker and Clark so can’t cover the same forwards those two can.

Which deal is worse? We start with #7, #10, #15 and #32

Pick #10 and #15 to Sydney for McDonald and #20, then #20 to Richmond for Baker
[#7, #32 at the draft plus McDonald and Baker]

Pick #7 to Sydney for McDonald, Picks #15 and #32 to Richmond for Baker and #25
[#10, #25 at the draft plus McDonald and Baker]
Who do you have us losing the prelim to?

Taylor isn’t going anywhere. Would love him more than anyone else but it’s about as useful as discussing whether or not Bont would request a trade to us
Taylor also in the Colin Young stable. No way in hell would Young be advising any of his good players to come to Freo. He'd only try to do it out of desperation for rejects that are about to be delisted.
Agree i can’t see him leaving but you’d move mountains to make it happen.

Sam Taylor is with StrategyOne and has a local WA agent from memory but it’s definitely not Colin Young.

Is Simpson fast? Haven’t seen enough of him to tell. Norths showed how much a bunch of quick swarming players can make us look like we are running in treacle. Sounds obvious but a zippy wnaganeen Milera outside type would be awesome.

Sam Taylor is with StrategyOne and has a local WA agent from memory but it’s definitely not Colin Young.
Sam Taylor is listed on Colin Young's website (https://csports.com.au/talent/). If he's not with Young or McDougall (who is just Young's lackey), then someone should send Young a please explain as to why he is claiming a high profile player he doesn't have.

Sam Taylor is listed on Colin Young's website (https://csports.com.au/talent/). If he's not with Young or McDougall (who is just Young's lackey), then someone should send Young a please explain as to why he is claiming a high profile player he doesn't have.
I thought Young had set up a new company/offshoot in Melbourne and has taken some of the csport clients with him?

Out of the list of this year's free agents, I feel like Ben Ainsworth is worth a punt. Small forward, former high draft pick. Maybe not the best time to try and poach GC players but worth asking the question.

Playing Baker as a small forward could end up like playing Aish on the wing/midfield tbh.

Sure Aish did a reasonable job there but has ultimately ended up back on the HBF where he was at Collingwood anyway.

I feel Baker would be pretty similar tbh, potentially playing small forward for 2-3 years then replacing Aish on the HBF when he retires.

I feel like Baker would make a very good skinny side winger tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this hasn't been updated since last season. It's got Travis Colyer on it for instance.

Warner and Bolten would be the dream, followed by Baker.
Not overly convinced on McDonald but he will probably be the one we try to get in.

Article from Zero Hanger says Trevor Clisby from StrategyOne.

I think this hasn't been updated since last season. It's got Travis Colyer on it for instance.
Yes, I think so too, no jumper updates on Henry and Hamling either but an update on Roxy Roux's.

Last edited:
Article from Zero Hanger says Trevor Clisby from StrategyOne.

Yes, I think so too, no jumper updates on Henry and Hamling either but an update on Roxy Roux's.
From reading that article, clearly he's sending the message that WC can * off and whoever wins the flag out of Freo and GWS this year will be who he plays for

Doesn’t that stop Simpson from getting a run?
I am really torn on Baker, to me he is best as a Switta role, but we have Switta, there’s no way we can play all of Baker, Switta, Serong, Simpson and Walters in the same team, it makes us too small. I know Walters is nearly at the end, but we need an elite damaging small goal kicking forward to replace him, I’m not sure that’s Baker, we have Switta and in the short term Simpson for the small forward/mid role and Serong as the small inside mid.
As others have pointed out, he’s a minimal upgrade on Aish in the backline and over 10cm shorter than Walker and Clark so can’t cover the same forwards those two can.

Well said.

Similar issues with McDonald, they are good players just not in the role we need them.

From reading that article, clearly he's sending the message that WC can * off and whoever wins the flag out of Freo and GWS this year will be who he plays for
Yeah, WC is not in the picture, feel like the The Worst also has a bit to answer for there.

Why do you all keep responding to danster? Life's much simpler with him on ignore

(sorry Snuff, I guess being a mod you have to endure)
I tried to walk the Danster off the cliff for his own benefit, nup

Jump Jumping GIF

Back