Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda’s second round. I’d do that
Brisbane will need a ton of points for Levi Ashcroft (who's likely to go top 4) and they have another potential top 20 academy prospect in Tom Gillett. A deal involving us moving up the draft board for say the Port and Brisbane pick swap (if Brisbane's pick is top ten) with our second and multiple late picks (which we would have to trade for) with Cameron also coming to us would work I think.

No worries. Just putting my two cents in.

My personal view is getting Logan across is a no-brainer and the Treacy situation will work itself out.

I have noticed this board can be a bit anxious and finicky on big trades and preoccupation with TPP position, I think Freo would be wasteful if they went back to the draft this year with the hand they have, and where better to invest resources (picks/salary) than your forward line?
👍

There could be a reason for that.

View attachment 1944165
Starcevic being a big boy huh? Biggest reason why Brisbane loss the GF. Absolute bath by Bobby Hill.

I’m glad Brisbane are infighting. The Zorko crap of years ago, then backing him. Karma. Wouldn’t be surprised if that germ of a thing would be the first to cheat on that trip.

Erasmus, a pick 10, would be questioning his role this year. Can see West Coast offer a little bounty for him. Spot is there permanently.

Signing JOM to 4 years was, and still is, idiotic
In the NBA, most teams won’t trade with own division.

You don’t want to give West Coast a leg up .

Its either the eagles overpay or we won’t trade with them.

Think the eagles will get a priority pick and NGA assistance for 2025.
Worst case is the AFL help them this year and this will spoil our party.
Credit to Freo for not asking for assistance., sort of sucks that a club gets a
P Matera for free.
AFL didn’t give North the Academy kid they won’t give WC any academy earlier concessions

What they have done with the others (Gold Coast got a bounty second or third year running but not to start out) is end of first round pick (or Second round pick) current and future year, and potentially priority access to previously nominated state league players.

Something most likely:
End of first round, F2, 1 x previously nominated state league player able to be rookie listed.

The AFL after listening to clubs and especially after compromised 2023 draft won’t want much disruption to the first round.

If we’re trading out 1-2 of the first round picks it doesn’t matter too much I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we could pick up Nathan Wilson again in the mid season draft and play him as a forward?

Erasmus, a pick 10, would be questioning his role this year. Can see West Coast offer a little bounty for him. Spot is there permanently.

Signing JOM to 4 years was, and still is, idiotic

O'Meara needs to play 4 quarters of footy for Peel to stay match fit and I'm hoping Fyfe only plays 1 of the 2 games in Adelaide so that hopefully opens up a spot for Erasmus.

You're right though, similar to Griffin Logue Erasmus can probably double his salary and be best 18 at another club if he leaves.

In the NBA, most teams won’t trade with own division.

You don’t want to give West Coast a leg up .

Its either the eagles overpay or we won’t trade with them.

Lets say Erasmus is on 350k at Freo. If he is offered a 5 year deal on 3 million by WC we'd have to consider a trade this year or consider losing him in the PSD next year.

Hopefully he breaks into the 22 at some stage and stays there and it's all irrelevant.

Lets say Erasmus is on 350k at Freo. If he is offered a 5 year deal on 3 million by WC we'd have to consider a trade this year or consider losing him in the PSD next year.

Hopefully he breaks into the 22 at some stage and stays there and it's all irrelevant.
If WCE offer Erasmus 600k a year off what he has shown then they are braindead lol

either that or he has a phenomenal end to the season 😂

If WCE offer Erasmus 600k a year off what he has shown then they are braindead lol

either that or he has a phenomenal end to the season 😂
I can absolutely see them offering him $600k for 5 years. That isn’t that much under the new cap and they have no one else to spend it on. Gaff leaving alone probably frees up that cap space, he’d be great for them with Ginby on the inside. Let’s trade for their F1 because they’ll expect to bounce up the ladder any year now!

How much better is Zurhaar than Banfield.
Is it worth the contract size required to get him here as a free agent?

I don’t see the value for money.
I do t see how it moves the needle.
We’re flush for picks and if we can’t get a serious upgrade in in the forward line or wing then we’re best off drafting.

How much better is Zurhaar than Banfield.
Is it worth the contract size required to get him here as a free agent?

I don’t see the value for money.
I do t see how it moves the needle.
We’re flush for picks and if we can’t get a serious upgrade in in the forward line or wing then we’re best off drafting.
Banners is considerably better looking and I'd guess even more of a better bloke. He also probably costs less than half as much.

I'm backing Banners all day.

Back