• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw something on Twitter linking Andy Brayshaw with the saints. Might have come from Sam McClure… may as well burn the joint to the ground if that happens.
He’s a “pre-agent” this year, for what it’s worth. Will be a RFA in 2025.

My God, That would be the final straw for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s kinda my point tho - people are up in arms over getting McDonald- convinced that Treacy walks out the door the second Logan walks in … yet in the very next breath harp on “I’d prefer Warner or Taylor” - like somehow that won’t mean we lose(guaranteed) and or Johnson (big possibility)

Is cognitive dissonance at its finest

Likewise how many times are we going to play the 3 kpd if Taylor comes?

So does cox get traded back to SA?
I agree about Taylor because KPD positions are limited. I'm sure we'd ask but not sure we'd put maximum effort into it.

Warner is different. You can have 5 quality mids because 1 is always on the bench and you can rotate some of them to other positions. They are much more flexibile than KPPs.

If he stayed healthy for the rest of the season once he returns and Stanley keeps spudding it up for Geelong I think they would still be keen to look at it.
Will be really interesting to see how Knobel progresses. Seems like he will be
a player in a few years.
At worst he is going to be a valuable trade, and star at another club.

Langdon to come back!
We have form in bringing back players previously on our list that wanted a trade eg Heath Black. I think the out of contract Trent Rivers could very well be in Freo colours next year. He played his junior footy at East Fremantle with Sharp and Jackson. He also fills a need in our squad in that he's quick and a very good long kick who can play wing and half back. If we got Rivers that would give us Jackson, Sharp, Freddy, Serong and Young from the 2019 draft.

Amiss and McDonald would be perfect combination, they could rotate playing chf/ff. McDonald would be a better genuine partner for Amiss.
Yeahh...No!
this sounds like farmer needs a wife!
Why punt on a pig-in-a-poke when youve got a marriage made in heaven...TREAMISS!

Anyway I see what you doing here Dom.
Of course you think we would be better if we got rid of the Cyclone.
Why stop there?

McDonald blue chip? I think Treacey to date has had a stronger season than McDonald .
Treacey creates goals for his team mates ,I don’t see this with McDonald .
I actually think he is a little soft TBH.
Rewatch the goals that Sydney kicked against Collingwood and Melbourne that are not direct goals to McDonald and you will see that McDonald often is involved closely with many of those goals that are kicked, either with blocks or with little taps onto people - I actually thought that was more impressive in the Collingwood game then the direct goals he kicked.

Rewatch the goals that Sydney kicked against Collingwood and Melbourne that are not direct goals to McDonald and you will see that McDonald often is involved closely with many of those goals that are kicked, either with blocks or with little taps onto people - I actually thought that was more impressive in the Collingwood game then the direct goals he kicked.
Why not both? That’s about the best
assessment.
Soft and Hard shells. Everyone loves a good taco or roll😜

Think the eagles will get a priority pick and NGA assistance for 2025.
Worst case is the AFL help them this year and this will spoil our party.
Credit to Freo for not asking for assistance., sort of sucks that a club gets a
P Matera for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid season draft look out for Jake Gasper just moved to central district in the SANFL from Port Melbourne. Kicked 3 yesterday. Looks like a player. Small forward

If Brisbane's on/off field dramas continue, I wonder what chance we would have at getting Starcevich. RFA end of 2025. Rate him very highly and he is 4-5 years younger than Aish, Hughes, Ryan. Signed a 1-year extension at the end of last year ... I'm sure the club would have extended him for longer if they could, so I reckon he was thinking he'll give them 2 more years to win a flag and then he has the option to head back home. Dockers supporter growing up.

If Brisbane's on/off field dramas continue, I wonder what chance we would have at getting Starcevich. RFA end of 2025. Rate him very highly and he is 4-5 years younger than Aish, Hughes, Ryan. Signed a 1-year extension at the end of last year ... I'm sure the club would have extended him for longer if they could, so I reckon he was thinking he'll give them 2 more years to win a flag and then he has the option to head back home. Dockers supporter growing up.
Well the only reason you would join WC is coin,that and they give advice
for retirement.

He's gun.

Michael Walters is so important to our forwardline. His impact against Adelaide just highlights how desperate we are for an elite small forward. Fingers crossed we can find one in the draft this season.

"Brayshaw to St Kilda" rumours are born of disrespect and unconscious #VICBIAS*. A grade players don't leave bigger clubs like Freo to go to one of the smallest 4 Melbourne teams (Dees, North, Saints and the Dogs.) It's always going to be Collingwood/Carlton/Richmond/Essendon or Geelong if they are bumpkins. Realistically with Essendon an honorary minnow for the moment** its one of the first three.

I think he's staying btw, unless we win the flag this year and then Collingwood offer him the club captaincy or something.

* Grinds my gears. Melbourne v Adelaide at the G last season had 33,000, we pulled 51,000 last night! Saints v North at Docklands had 18,000 in round 19. Saints and the Dees round 17, when both were in finals contention, 30,750! The list could be as long as my arm. We get 30,000 against Gold Coast when we're bottom 6 and we're all looking around lamenting the sh*t crowd.

** Another 5 or 10 years of their current performance it'll be permanent as boomer supporters die and their grandchildren follow someone else.

** Another 5 or 10 years of their current performance it'll be permanent as boomer supporters die and their grandchildren follow someone else.
This exactly what I hope (and think is a big possiblilty if both teams current trends extend for awhile yet) with freo and WC supporters*

WC always relied on being relative over a couple generations to keep up their massive support but the longer they go on being absolute dog s**t and we can(the million dollar question) actually snare a flag then I reckon you ll see the gap between the 2 clubs on membership and Sponsorship narrow significantly .

* so many boomers making up WC core membership but also Especially with the likes of genZ and their penchant for kinda disregarding so much of what occurred/just accepted “back then” and instead look to make their own decisions based on what’s relevant to them today

Speaking of Brisbane troubles, if we really believe we could win a flag in the next 3 years I would have a serious crack at Charlie Cameron. Apparently on the outer at Brisbane. Downside being he turns 30 this year so wouldn’t be with out a risk.

Speaking of Brisbane troubles, if we really believe we could win a flag in the next 3 years I would have a serious crack at Charlie Cameron. Apparently on the outer at Brisbane. Downside being he turns 30 this year so wouldn’t be with out a risk.

St Kilda’s second round. I’d do that

No worries. Just putting my two cents in.

My personal view is getting Logan across is a no-brainer and the Treacy situation will work itself out.

I have noticed this board can be a bit anxious and finicky on big trades and preoccupation with TPP position, I think Freo would be wasteful if they went back to the draft this year with the hand they have, and where better to invest resources (picks/salary) than your forward line?
You make too much sense to be an Eagles supporter!

Back