• McDonald

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 112 61.9%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been hearing that WC is still his favoured option and they want him but will not sacrifice whatever early draft picks they have to try and secure him, they have a strong desire to improve their list through the draft first.

Our picks are the key, as apparently Baker isn't comfortable in WC doing the right thing by him, but yes in his ideal world he's coming back to play for the Eagles.

I think he's definitely not at Richmond next year, that's his least preferred option because he wants to finish his career at home.
if he's not passionate about wanting to play for Freo, we shouldn't chase him

I've been hearing that WC is still his favoured option and they want him but will not sacrifice whatever early draft picks they have to try and secure him, they have a strong desire to improve their list through the draft first.

Our picks are the key, as apparently Baker isn't comfortable in WC doing the right thing by him, but yes in his ideal world he's coming back to play for the Eagles.

I think he's definitely not at Richmond next year, that's his least preferred option because he wants to finish his career at home.
Yes, I think the all round reporting is accurate.
  • He's leaving Richmond
  • He would have preferred WC
  • WC would do it but not paying any kind of reasonable price
  • He will therefore join Freo

I think Freo are reasonably confident he'll be in purple next year. Ralph is correct his first choice was WC, every one is correct he'll be at Freo.

Despite what we all hope, WC arent stupid, and getting Baker is stupid unless as a FA

People are saying WC could do their 2nd, even their 2nd is too much for him, they still have too many mature players to replace to be picking up 27 year olds with decent picks
don't interrupt your enemy while they're making a mistake

You’d want to be a real freo establishment dude toeing the party line to defend JOM at this point. He’s played about 30 games now and been underwhelming at best, in all of them. Fans aren’t stupid and they can see with their own eyes every single week what each player is contributing. I didn’t mid the trade at the time but he’s clearly cooked now and should be sent to peel.

He’s getting a free pass in the national media because no one cares about freo but make no mistake if he’d gone to Essendon or Carlton in that 22 trade period and played the same batch of underwhelming games since, he would be a lightning Rod for the Kane Cornes of this world and rightly so.

The only explanation is that he’s giving us some kind of on field mentoring or coaching?

I’ve been one of Banfields biggest critics in here over the last couple of years but even I can see he’s also been shafted in recent games to get JOM into the side. Banfield was actually playing decent footy as a linkman/winger a couple of games ago but he’s been put back to the graveyard shift (from his POV) of medium forward and to make matters worse - JOM is not playing as well as Banfield was in that position. Lose/lose.
We should be dropping JOM, bringing Banfield back out the field and putting Sturt into the medium forward role (which is his best and only realistic position at Freo).
For once you make sense lol 😂🤣😉

Nope don’t want him. Why are we chasing someone who would “PREFER” to go to west coast? Yeah let’s spend a first round pick on a guy who doesn’t even want to join the club and watch him coast through his highly paid contract. Will be Trent Croad all over again. No thanks Baker you can rot at Richmond buddy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Nope don’t want him. Why are we chasing someone who would “PREFER” to go to west coast? Yeah let’s spend a first round pick on a guy who doesn’t even want to join the club and watch him coast through his highly paid contract. Will be Trent Croad all over again. No thanks Baker you can rot at Richmond buddy.

Meh

Cerra wanted dees but he did the right thing by the club and went to carlton, would be the same with baker coming here.

As long as he is home he will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meh - having a mix of passionate people and gun for hires as a winning combination goes all the way back to Julius Caesar's time (probably older even).

Disagree with this. We need to lose this attitude pretty fast otherwise the list of potential freo players to trade in will soon be zero.

Elliott Yeo was a freo diehard but it didn’t seem to bother him for the last 10 years while he dominated freo in his hungry jacks kit.

Clark
Amiss
Johnson

To name but 3, were all eagles crazed kids growing up.

Disagree with this. We need to lose this attitude pretty fast otherwise the list of potential freo players to trade in will soon be zero.

Elliott Yeo was a freo diehard but it didn’t seem to bother him for the last 10 years while he dominated freo in his hungry jacks kit.

Clark
Amiss
Johnson

To name but 3, were all eagles crazed kids growing up.
"for the last 10 years while he dominated freo"?🤔

Can have Elliot Yeo too if you want.

I’m confident enough to put my perfect record on the line (ignore my sig) and say Baker will be at Freo next year so peeps should get used to that idea. Also, ignore whatever crap Ralph comes up with, even the Clark stuff in his latest story is complete rubbish

Well it'd been on my mind as I think it was him that had described our loss on Friday as 'almost 10 goals' and I was thinking like wasn't it exactly 8 goals?
I though losing by almost only 5 goals was a good effort to be honest

I'm still not convinced Baker will move the needle all that much. He's a neat and tidy small midfielder. It would be like adding another Aish to the side. For the Saints 2nd and say a 600k salary (which is what a club like Geelong would do), then I'd be happy enough. But we don't operate like Geelong.

What to pay him is awkward. At Richmond he'd be right near the top of their best players going forward, so they can put a big offer in front of him that we'd need to go close to matching. At Freo he'd be a lot further down the pecking order for important players going forward. I'd be wary of the implications of paying Baker the big bucks when it comes to keeping our list together (granted, we have signed up most of our key players for quite a while) or attracting a higher impact target next year (e.g. Warner).

Nah, I think majority of players are professional enough in these situations, think Cerra. I would say Baker is as well. I’m neither convinced whether he “prefers” the Eagles, Jon Ralph talks baseless shit often enough to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Also, Trent Croad situation is nothing like that of Baker’s. Trent Croad was pushed out of the Hawks (and out of state) on the promise to bring him back (that much was evident after you watch his Open Mike interview) because Hawks wanted the number one pick which they never would have gotten for McPharlin alone. It didn’t matter what club Croad was being traded to, he didn’t wanna leave Hawks.

Back