List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still not sure whether it's talent identification or talent development. One, or both, are definitely broken - I just don't know which.
Creator Shrug GIF by G2 Esports

Horrendous thought.

Is our Defence too tall with Murray coming back? Murray and Butts IMO are the only two true KPD's on our team

Curtin could certainly slip into defence in the absence of Butts, but who would he knock out with the return of Murray?

I don't think a backline of (in height order) Curtin, Murray, Worrell & Keane works.

I understand Curtin could certainly prove useful eventually in other areas of the park, but his development will be in defence.

We've been absolutely rooted several times this year by small forwards so i don't think going super tall will be feasible.

Great problem to have!

I'm just nervous discussing any trade using our first round pick this year if its a top ~6 pick in supposedly a gun Midfield draft.

We desperately need a gun generational midfielder.

Lukosius and Cumming would be very nice a the right prices but not desperate needs for us.
These are the moments good list managers get paid for

Create the space ,start talking to players and managers, ask questions

The worst thing we can do is shuffle names and say we tried our best

Welcome to the club 28 year old journeyman

Nothing more overrated than draft picks, especially when we're picking. Worth our current first rounder at pick 4? If it was phillipou I'd definitely trade pick 4, not sure for Luko, but I'd still probably say it's worth it.

The possible pick 4 probably wouldn't be a much better player, thats if we even happened to pick the right player.
Gold Coast have had history with letting players go cheaply to get them off their books if they decide they are not part of their future plans. There is a chance we could get him on the cheap at the end of this year if he requests a trade. Might be able to use a 2nd rounder?

If they did demand our first then no way we should be doing that trade this year, we need to use that pick on the best mid available.

Gold Coast have had history with letting players go cheaply to get them off their books if they decide they are not part of their future plans. There is a chance we could get him on the cheap at the end of this year if he requests a trade. Might be able to use a 2nd rounder?

If they did demand our first then no way we should be doing that trade this year, we need to use that pick on the best mid available.
More likely our F1 IF they are looking at moving him on as he still has 2 years to go on contract. But if that was the price, then count me in. As we preserve our 1st this year for the midfielder - nothing else and the use points for Welsh and hope he does not rise inside the top 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just nervous discussing any trade using our first round pick this year if its a top ~6 pick in supposedly a gun Midfield draft.

We desperately need a gun generational midfielder.

Lukosius and Cumming would be very nice a the right prices but not desperate needs for us.

Use future picks for trade.
Go to draft this year.

GC also have a ton of academy picks coming through - does that mean they'll need a ton of draft capital?

Would also been talking to a few of the Western Bulldogs guys, likely to be some quality guys in the prime age range looking to move on.
Dale is the one I’d love, but I’m not sure he’d be the most available

I’d take Daniel for pick 30-odd

Extra mid-season pick opens up with Parnell’s injury… bit of a broken record but I’ve wanted an extra genuine dangerous small forward on the list for a couple of years given Rankine & Rachele are needed higher up the ground and the McHenry & Murphy crud-duo, this goal on the weekend made me think of this guy yet again… Crows were keen a few years ago, still only 23.

More likely our F1 IF they are looking at moving him on as he still has 2 years to go on contract. But if that was the price, then count me in. As we preserve our 1st this year for the midfielder - nothing else and the use points for Welsh and hope he does not rise inside the top 10

We need to use the GC/Geelong trade (Bowers?) where they gave him away to clear the salary, as the template.

So Milera, Parnell and possibly Sloane (retire) or Thilthorpe (shut down) could potentially open 4 mid season list spots.
Essentially free hits. You'd have to have a crack at 2 atleast.
Toby Murray and ?

One from my left field: I've thought for many years that Essendon's No. 1 pick, McGrath, has performed well under expectations, but, watching him last week, I reckon we could do with his type. He has plenty of run and pretty good disposal. He would be a good back pocket, or McHenry upgrade. Should be gettable. Any thoughts?

One from my left field: I've thought for many years that Essendon's No. 1 pick, McGrath, has performed well under expectations, but, watching him last week, I reckon we could do with his type. He has plenty of run and pretty good disposal. He would be a good back pocket, or McHenry upgrade. Should be gettable. Any thoughts?
He'd be good for half back. But we unfortunately already have a large contract with Milera.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back