Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Acting out a metaphor is a strange practice, not sure its worth complaining about but I always wonder if wanky team building exercises like that actually carry any benefit. That is if it even happened.

making a bunch of adults go out and dig for metaphoric treasure? seems weird.

Yeah I'm not buying it with that Jon Ralph piece. If you asked him to point out Cockburn on a map he'd be confused to find that there's other parts of Australia outside of the Carlton coffee strip.

If Longmuir gets sacked it will be on the back of onfield performances alone (a legitimate concern for me now after the Port game).

Yeah I'm not buying it with that Jon Ralph piece. If you asked him to point out Cockburn on a map he'd be confused to find that there's other parts of Australia outside of the Carlton coffee strip.

If Longmuir gets sacked it will be on the back of onfield performances alone (a legitimate concern for me now after the Port game).
I think we expected the fwd line to be dysfunctional due to the outs. What we were all taken back with was being destroyed on the outside and ball movement in general.

🤔 it’s unlikely but possibly we just went with”down the line to a contest”not to show our hand? Or to keep the game slow and injuries to a minimum.

I think we expected the fwd line to be dysfunctional due to the outs. What we were all taken back with was being destroyed on the outside and ball movement in general.

🤔 it’s unlikely but possibly we just went with”down the line to a contest”not to show our hand? Or to keep the game slow and injuries to a minimum.
And to practice our setup at those contests, which is clearly sub par, the couple of time we did break out the back of that dump kick down the line looked great.

Acting out a metaphor is a strange practice, not sure its worth complaining about but I always wonder if wanky team building exercises like that actually carry any benefit. That is if it even happened.

making a bunch of adults go out and dig for metaphoric treasure? seems weird.
I always assumed its bollock but given how many high performance environments do stuff it I think there must be significant research backing it up. Always feels cringe if it gets rolled out somewhere you work.

Last edited:
I always assumed its bollock but given how many high performance environments do stuff it I think there must be significant research backing it up. Always feels cringe if you work somewhere that rolls it out.
It's not for everybody, but a portion of the team will thrive n it and the connections. If it even improves team understanding and communication by 20%, it's a gold mine.

I find it cringe, but understand the overall benefit, and so get involved.

Those that whisper at the back of the class are the problem, they create doubt in the group about the direction and leadership. Those discussions and concerns should happen behind closed doors. If those who have leaked are those that are gone, good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At what point do we show our hand though? Can we automatically turn it on for Round 1 without any in game practice? That doesn't sound like something the good teams do.

I'm about to play a live version of Among Us with my team as a way to foster problem solving and effective communication skills. Some of these rituals and activities might sound weird, but it depends on how they are executed and where the culture of the organisation is at. Easy to judge from outside with no context

I'm about to play a live version of Among Us with my team as a way to foster problem solving and effective communication skills. Some of these rituals and activities might sound weird, but it depends on how they are executed and where the culture of the organisation is at. Easy to judge from outside with no context
Among us might be fun, most of the ones I did when I was younger were not nearly that fun.

I'm actually now envisaging a Company that not only does escape rooms but Among Us. It could be a lot of fun. Some fun rules would be like everyone has to wear helmets with Visors that have to be put on and make it pitch black for like 5-10 seconds, secret doors only the "Alien" can use etc.

marge GIF

Not with me. They’ve got pace to burn, elite kickers & class up front.
RTB teams pop 2nd year. I’m bullish.
Ross Lyon will overachieve with any list with enough players in their prime imo.

Think where you think they'll finish on talent and then put them 4-5 spots higher.

They've got some good youth that won't peak for a few years yet too. If they can replace a few older players they'll be scary in 2-3 years

I'm actually now envisaging a Company that not only does escape rooms but Among Us. It could be a lot of fun. Some fun rules would be like everyone has to wear helmets with Visors that have to be put on and make it pitch black for like 5-10 seconds, secret doors only the "Alien" can use etc.

marge GIF
How did you know we do escape rooms? 😅

reminder that Jon Ralph proposed Geraldton as the location for the 20th side on live television last year

In our next edition of some bad takes, check out the predictions from the Age experts, multiple bottom 4 predictions, including two picks for us to be 17th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back