Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Fyfe can't play every game and it is only Norf who we should beat but do we really need to rest him after one game?
It's a combination of 6 day break and the game being at Marvel Stadium. Fyfe has been injured I think the past three times he has played there.

I know Fyfe can't play every game and it is only Norf who we should beat but do we really need to rest him after one game?
If he can’t get through the opening two games what are we really doing here? Rest for Port or WC maybe, he can’t rest after round 1

It's a combination of 6 day break and the game being at Marvel Stadium. Fyfe has been injured I think the past three times he has played there.

Last two times, Rd 1 vs Stk last year he missed 7 weeks after the game, the draw against Richmond in 2022 he missed 3 games then played 1 but was injured and then missed the finals.

It's a very real possibility, the 6 day break is one thing but then next week we are playing Friday so that's back to back 6 day breaks.

Fyfe is also coming off 86% TOG which is his highest since late 2021.

Last two times, Rd 1 vs Stk last year he missed 7 weeks after the game, the draw against Richmond in 2022 he missed 3 games then played 1 but was injured and then missed the finals.

It's a very real possibility, the 6 day break is one thing but then next week we are playing Friday so that's back to back 6 day breaks.

Fyfe is also coming off 86% TOG which is his highest since late 2021.
He's also in the best nick he's been in for years. I think we can trust him and the med staff for the decision - we'll have to in any case;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Fyfe and Marvel stadium this week - my preference would be to play him on the proviso that if things are looking comfortable he plays 2-3 quarters, subbing him in the third.
A little bit of insurance while still having an impact and getting continuity

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know he’s not dead, but this is a nice touch from his mate. 😢

View attachment 1933699
It was so sad seeing Ryan when Cox went down. I had always they were a couple until I found out Cox was having a baby this week (with his partner). I loved watching Cox, Pearce and Ryan develop through Peel :)

If he can’t get through the opening two games what are we really doing here? Rest for Port or WC maybe, he can’t rest after round 1
This makes perfect sense but I can't shake the fear that Marvel is just incompatible with his body for some bizarre reason. Roll that in with his unplanned, extended minutes and it feels like you've at least got to consider making him sub at this stage.

I felt so emotional watching him on the weekend

Me too! I commented on the main board how it was nice to see him getting amongst it and looking lost - something else felt different though and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it

You’ve nailed it there. It warms the heart to see him up and about, getting stuck in and contributing solidly without any fanfare or fuss that would usually warrant a dual Brownlow medalists approach. Definitely more humility there and very much a glass half full sense of realism and optimism.

He seems of have used his ultra professional approach to everything to help him get his head right and accept his own shortcomings etc

Me too! I commented on the main board how it was nice to see him getting amongst it and looking lost - something else felt different though and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it

You’ve nailed it there. It warms the heart to see him up and about, getting stuck in and contributing solidly without any fanfare or fuss that would usually warrant a dual Brownlow medalists approach. Definitely more humility there and very much a glass half full sense of realism and optimism.

He seems of have used his ultra professional approach to everything to help him get his head right and accept his own shortcomings etc
I hate people who criticise him as being arrogant, slow, old etc etc. He is a man so many of us can learn from. As part of my uni studies, we looked at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Fyfey has doesn't something many of us wish we could do; he has climbed to the top of the pyramid.

I felt like Fyfe was a shield bearing the brunt of any would be tackler and disposing of the ball. At one point he had 3 guys hanging off of him and he still got his arms free and handballed it away. I was honestly blown away because like many on here I forgot. I forgot what it looked like when Fyfe couldn't be tackled. I'm not going to lie, I got a little bit emotional because it was beautiful.

If he can stay fit and do that regularly then jeez. The rest of the midfield will get fed some tasty handpasses.

I felt like Fyfe was a shield bearing the brunt of any would be tackler and disposing of the ball. At one point he had 3 guys hanging off of him and he still got his arms free and handballed it away. I was honestly blown away because like many on here I forgot. I forgot what it looked like when Fyfe couldn't be tackled. I'm not going to lie, I got a little bit emotional because it was beautiful.

If he can stay fit and do that regularly then jeez. The rest of the midfield will get fed some tasty handpasses.
he has really worked on getting rid of the ball correctly

I hate people who criticise him as being arrogant, slow, old etc etc. He is a man so many of us can learn from. As part of my uni studies, we looked at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Fyfey has doesn't something many of us wish we could do; he has climbed to the top of the pyramid.
I knew that India trip would get him to self-actualisation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back