Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo turns 31 in a touch over four months, if he is gone end of this year or in a couple of years it's soon.

WC has the decision to make on whether they want to play Yeo along with Kelly and float in the 9th to 13th spot for a couple of years being more competitive but having access to lesser players or commit to their rebuild and stock up.

Not discounting the value in having a winning culture.

It’s tough listening and the old eagles carry on is grating

They try and include some dockers content but it’s a filler between Eagles rant

At least it’s WA content though
Some good WAFL discussions

Was much better with Duffield
Shelter Footy Cast is decent. Mark Readings and Will Schofield are obviously Eagles supporters but it is a 50/50 split between Freo and West Coast discussion and they generally hide their bias quite well and at least pretend to be positive about Freo.

Yeo turns 31 in a touch over four months, if he is gone end of this year or in a couple of years it's soon.

WC has the decision to make on whether they want to play Yeo along with Kelly and float in the 9th to 13th spot for a couple of years being more competitive but having access to lesser players or commit to their rebuild and stock up.

Not discounting the value in having a winning culture.
WC are in the box seat with Yeo. THey either keep him on for a low contract (which i think is reasonable) or another club like Adelaide pays well overs, and because of that he leaves and the eagles get a good compensation pick for him.

WC are in the box seat with Yeo. THey either keep him on for a low contract (which i think is reasonable) or another club like Adelaide pays well overs, and because of that he leaves and the eagles get a good compensation pick for him.

WC will be lucky to get band three for Yeo given he turns 31, meaning no bonus points out of twelve, in the ranking.

WC will be lucky to get band three for Yeo given he turns 31, meaning no bonus points out of twelve, in the ranking.
A deal that size could see it go from nothing to as high as three maybe? They'd be happy with that. If its less and they have the space they might prefer to keep him if they are otherwise still saving the maximum amount they are allowed to roll over for more than 1 year (the amount of which that is I can't be bothered checking).

Obviously they'd want the full 1 year rollover amount in 2026 so they need to structure their payments to leave the cap at 95% for that year. Funny really; Reid being so good could have negative knock on effects for their cap management on multiple levels and timescales. Oh no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We better not lose Sat night home games over this
Why would we? Due to the time difference, the last flight out to get in by midnight is 6pm. You wouldn't make it from a 2:30pm game. The next lot of flights is 11pm for the red eye arriving at 5am. No one is taking that one and you could still make it from a 5:30pm game anyway.

The issue is our travel schedule and the AFL doing absolutely nothing to help us while making our opposition get more breaks and advantages when most of them travel 5-6 times a year max. If a Melbourne team has a six day break off travel then so be it.

JL has said twice this week that over the last 4 weeks we've taken the most shots on goal and conceded the least.
I think one of the restump lads debunked it but can someone actually do the math for me. That can't be right can it.

JL has said twice this week that over the last 4 weeks we've taken the most shots on goal and conceded the least.
I think one of the restump lads debunked it but can someone actually do the math for me. That can't be right can it.
According to the AFL app we’ve had 116 shots at goal in the past 4 rounds. According to the restump guys we've had 99. They clearly aren't counting the shots that didnt score.

I can't be bothered checking every team but Dogs, Sydney, Brisbane who restump guys had above us too have all had less shots on goal than us according to the app.

Also interesting is that we are only behind port (by 0.2%) when it comes to shot efficiecny per i50. So when we get it in there we're generating shots, just not making the most of those shots.

Last edited:
Claim is pretty much true, only real caveat is that you gotta count scoring and non-scoring shots, plus the teams at the top are more bunched together than the teams at the bottom. Also, Brisbane are level with us for shots taken. Oh yeah, and I guess on form at least we've faced the 2 worst non-Norf teams in those 4 games.

Expected score is probably a better metric because it encapsulates shot quality and quantity, but fwiw here it is (cleaner table with the TLDR here, attached is the long form if budding math teachers wanna check my working).

TeamsShots TakenShots ConcededDifference
Adelaide100928
Brisbane1168729
Carlton87113-26
Collingwood1108030
Essendon1039310
Freo1167838
Geelong107120-13
Gold Coast1149420
GWS8298-16
Hawks9799-2
Melbourne978611