Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

There was zero problem with our crowd size vs Freo.

We're a small club that has played pretty shitful footy for a few years.

We are at about the height of crowd down turn.

Crowds will grow as our game style is moving and we start playing winning attractive football.

Right now people will let things get in the way of footy, It'll change as the amount we win increases.

Does anyone think we can overtake the Dogs and Saints when things turn around on field and those teams drop off?

Far as I remember all three teams were very even 15-20 years ago and we even had more members for some of those years. I wonder how many supporters are simply waiting for us to be great again and how big the bump will be before they convert. If/when we are winning 17-18 games per season and are genuine contenders can that make up the 5k we are behind the dogs and 10k of the saints?

EDIT: We will definitely catch and overtake the dogs at the very least. Just checked some years where the on field success was opposite and it's pretty recent where we had bigger numbers. Obviously 2017 with a bottom 4 finish is where things changed.

2014:

North - 39k
St Kilda - 30k
Dogs - 31.5k.

North - 41k
St Kilda - 32k
Dogs - 35k

North - 45k
St Kilda - 38k
Dogs 39k

Last edited:
Why don’t you catch the tram?

Serious Kanye West GIF

Does anyone think we can overtake the Dogs and Saints when things turn around on field and those teams drop off?

Far as I remember all three teams were very even 15-20 years ago and we even had more members for some of those years. I wonder how many supporters are simply waiting for us to be great again and how big the bump will be before they convert. If/when we are winning 17-18 games per season and are genuine contenders can that make up the 5k we are behind the dogs and 10k of the saints?

EDIT: We will definitely catch and overtake the dogs at the very least. Just checked some years where the on field success was opposite and it's pretty recent where we had bigger numbers. Obviously 2017 with a bottom 4 finish is where things changed.

2014:

North - 39k
St Kilda - 30k
Dogs - 31.5k.

North - 41k
St Kilda - 32k
Dogs - 35k

North - 45k
St Kilda - 38k
Dogs 39k
Personally I have zero doubt that once we go past the Saints , dogs and even Melbourne for that matter on field then we will go well past them off field .

As a supporter base we really have given plenty in terms of puting our money where our mouths are , to have back to back record membership whilst going through one of the clubs worst ever periods on field is remarkable. When we get back to where we belong , playing finals and contending I can see us hitting the 70 -75k mark & also bigger crowds at games will follow .

Personally I have zero doubt that once we go past the Saints , dogs and even Melbourne for that matter on field then we will go well past them off field .

As a supporter base we really have given plenty in terms of puting our money where our mouths are , to have back to back record membership whilst going through one of the clubs worst ever periods on field is remarkable. When we get back to where we belong , playing finals and contending I can see us hitting the 70 -75k mark & also bigger crowds at games will follow .
70k to 75k well well welll somehow that would be fantastic to have but I doubt it.
The supporter base of this club is arrogant to only get 17k to a season opening game with all the exciting new talent we have was disgrace.
That 17k that was there all I can say is thank you and to those excuse makers saying won’t attend because we are losing or going to the Grand Prix says a lot of our supporters.
Once Tasmania comes in we need to getting over 30k+ to home games to stay above the debt line as other markets to make $$$ is slowly closing.
Today will be prove what our supporters are about anything under %50 North crowd and having Carlton out number us for our home game will prove our supporters don’t care.
So fu:king turn up you lazy arrogant supporters if I and other Diehard supporters can turn up and attend games no matter how good or bad we are going you should too and trust what we have seen in the last 3 years has been hard watching but we all still attend as we True Supporters of this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I really hate the membership app via Ticketmaster. It barely works.
Totally agree. Bought a seat for today but can't get it onto my phone and they don't accept printouts of ticket.
I have a membership card that can be scanned but not acceptable today.

Man I really hate the membership app via Ticketmaster. It barely works.
Yeah, it's ordinary.... I have a family membership with 4 names linked. Tapping on the other family members to switch works about 10% of the time. So it's continually having to go to that menu, click a name, and hope that it switches. Can take 50 attempts before it changes... then have to do that for the 3rd name, rinse and repeat, and again for the 4th name.

Tapping on the other family members to switch works about 10% of the time.

This is exactly the issue that prompted me to make my post in the first place! It's so s**t!

What's done is done, but it certainly looks like my old reserved L2 bay is absolutely full of Carlton fans today.

Makes the whole situation all the more annoying.

PXL_20240329_053247495.jpg

Suckers, the lot of us, but we keep coming back in the hope that this is when things will turn for the better.

I Want More GIF

That’s your reason, mine is that’s it’s a part of me I love.

I’m no sucker and neither is anyone here.

I know I’ll get canned by the haters in this place but I’m used it after 20+ years in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back