Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Garoni would be one to watch from Werribee.

roos_fanatic08 thoughts on Ned Long? Probably got pushed out at the Hawks by Day and Newcombe and injuries, but now with Pies reserve side.

We are going to need reinforcements.

I see Long had it 28 times yesterday, 6 tackles and 9 clearances.
R1 he had 25, 17 tackles and 3 clearances.

Last edited:
We are going to need reinforcements.

I see Long had it 28 times, 6 tackles and 9 clearances.
R1 he had 25, 17 tackles and 3 clearances.
I know nothing about Long's athleticism, but a 194 x 92 mid is exactly what we need.

I've been saying for some time that our midfield mix lacks that profile, and Clarkson effectively said the same thing at last night's presser. whether it's Long or someone else, that's what we need, albeit the MSD might not be the most likely recruiting avenue

If Thomas is still on the list wait to end of the season if we get a 4th round pick for him good better to get something then nothing but delist him if no takers.
As for Mid Year Draft need the best available Key Position player no more mids and have to play straight away in the AFL .
TT is now on our INACTIVE PLAYER LIST. We will have 3 picks in the MSD.. TT GOATER and CCJ with the latter 2 being LTI.

If general defender I'd be looking at Ben Davis from our vfl.. very handy player

death, taxs and us picking a terrible player mid season are the only certain things in life
Dawson is decent and will only get better when he is legitimately the third defender.

Too many times this year has he needed to peel off his man to cover other’s manning mistakes, only to be caught in no man’s land or not quite impacting the contest he was going for.

I think he has a few elite traits worth persisting with.

We need to get them into the side asap as running with McKercher, Fisher and to a lesser extent Sheezel as our defenders is killing us.

The Brisbane smalls will have a field day.
Mckercher is a winger at this stage. Can take Tucker’s role.

Use all three:

• 1 crumbing forward
  • 1 inside in and under mid (bigger the better)
  • 1 shutdown general defender
All good in saying that must and must be at a super high level of skill and fitness to go straight away.
Personally I think the NMFC will go a KPB only will use other picks will hopefully be used for Free Agents

We need to get them into the side asap as running with McKercher, Fisher and to a lesser extent Sheezel as our defenders is killing us.

The Brisbane smalls will have a field day.
Was thinking that yesterday watching. It’s an attacking HB line not a shut down, McCarthy, Cameron and Rayner might kick 10 between the three of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me why Boyd Woodcock doesn’t get a go?

He’s racked up some pretty big numbers over the past couple of years in the VFL and started this season with 42 and 2 and 30 and 1.

Can someone tell me why Boyd Woodcock doesn’t get a go?

He’s racked up some pretty big numbers over the past couple of years in the VFL and started this season with 42 and 2 and 30 and 1.

On the smaller side (177cm) for an inside midfielder, doesn’t have the most damaging skills. Have heard 2nd hand that he is a bit of a FIGJAM too….

Kyle Weightman could be a decent small pickup from Coburg

Kyle Weightman could be a decent small pickup from Coburg
I’d take him. Absolutely tiny but his speed and agility is a point of difference to anything we have upfront. Comfortably quicker than Nick Watson for mine. Also has an incredible leg on both sides for a small. Just kicks goals.

Who ever we pick in MSD we need them to play AFL straight not in Round 22,23 or 24 and we don’t need mid fielders or Half forward flankers we need a KPB or KPF or a small crumming forward or a Half back flanker and who’s spot do they take the Teflon man McDonald ?

We've got a real chance this year to fix some issues with good mature aged talent.
Potentially 3 picks as goater and CCJ can be played on LTI.
Best key defender, small forward and general defender who can slot straight into the side would be my guess.

We've got a real chance this year to fix some issues with good mature aged talent.
Potentially 3 picks as goater and CCJ can be played on LTI.
Best key defender, small forward and general defender who can slot straight into the side would be my guess.

I don’t think we’ll be able to take a pick for TT. His delisting won’t be finalised until the end of the year (which is why he can’t be picked up in the mid season draft).

Realistically, I don’t think the depth around MSD time could justify taking 3 picks either.

I don’t think we’ll be able to take a pick for TT. His delisting won’t be finalised until the end of the year (which is why he can’t be picked up in the mid season draft).

Realistically, I don’t think the depth around MSD time could justify taking 3 picks either.
He didn't get delisted He was sacked No longer on the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back