Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bear in mind that Sam considers Scrimshaw to be a key(ish) defender who will be predominantly playing on talls. He certainly looked a lot more confident in that role late last season.

With Scrim, Sic, Frost, DGB and likely Phillips as back up we shouldn't really have any problems covering tall targets. The real battle is going to be further up the field.

Man, I like the look of Huss
The kid absolutely had like clearance after clearance. They need to make space for him. He makes things happen because his disposal opens up the play. He and frenchie are fighting for the one spot at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the coaches disagree based on selection at the back end of last year.

Blanck played the majority of the back end of the season at FB.

Frost was kept out of the side by Scrimshaw for that second key defensive post.
Sorry which games did Frost play at Box Hill last year? Please enlighten me.

Geez some people have weird memories.

He got injured, was injured and has never played a game in the 2s since we traded him in from Melbourne.

That’s not going to change in 2024 now.

Don’t shoot me but if we don’t go Philips does Ramma have pace to play KD, he is big enough. Would obviously have to play at Box Hill to see if suits
He's tall enough and athletic enough bit still a year off having the size to do that role I'd say.

That's why Sicily is still probably out best KPD option with Blank done for the year. He's not as tall as say DGB or Ramma but he is a powerful unit through his upper body knows how to use his body to outmaneuver bigger opponents in the contest

He does a job well. A strong and fast defender

The only issues are when he tries to show finesse, and creativity. Turnovers kill in the modern game, and when he tries to be too delicate or precise, it breaks down too often..

The Jonny Hay rule...

Frosty, don't think...DO! Just run 20 and then hoof it 60 to contest!
He needs an intense series of hypnosis and CBT with Trent Croad. Just run as far / fast as you can and kick it 55m to space in our direction.

Frosty will be fine.

Hate to say I told ya so, everyone's a genius in hindsight, blah blah blah, but I said all along we should/should have grabbed Curtin...
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Game Mma GIF by Power Unlimited

Remove this Banner Ad

Back