Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Monday 13 November
- Hawthorn's first to four year players return for pre-season training

Monday 20 November
- Hawthorn's five-plus year players return for pre-season training

Some players are already back as we know, but this will be the spot to discuss all the preseason and training goings on.

heath ledger joker GIF

Don’t think MacKenzie has the wheels and fitness for the wing
I like Weddle on the wing in 2024. Has the size, endurance and speed to worry most opposition wingers and loves a goal Not sure it will be his final destination but Ward on one wing and Weddle on the other could be very damaging in the short term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Weddle on the wing in 2024. Has the size, endurance and speed to worry most opposition wingers and loves a goal Not sure it will be his final destination but Ward on one wing and Weddle on the other could be very damaging in the short term.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. With only Blanck and Sicily as our makeshift KPD's I think we will likely need Weddle down back for his size.

Already been released mate. 17 Sunday twilight games, we play a home game against west coast at Optus stadium, travel to Adelaide, Sydney twice, perth 3x and our mcg home games are against gc, north, freo and last years all Aus squad

Wow, huge improvement on the last few years.

If Amon is moving to the HBF then where does that leave CJ?

Presumably Mitchell, Impey and Hardwick will play on smalls, with Mitchell and Impey providing some run from kick-ins in particular. Scrimshaw and Sicily will play that third tall / psuedo-KPD role. Maybe Weddle will play that role too.

Amon, you'd assume, is moving back for his running ability and kicking skills. Maybe a less defensively sound but better skilled version of Impey? But where will this leave CJ, will he finally get a run on a wing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back