Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

Melbourne the way better side
I like your stuff Juicey but respectfully disagree on this one.

A way better side wouldn't have let us smash them 5 goals straight early in the game and not even let them score midway through the second qtr.

When we weren't out on our legs and were humming, they couldn't go with us.

You just knew they would come…

We controlled much of the game but they won the last quarter, we soaked up a heap of pressure overall

Wieters was colossal for the first 3 quarters
Defence was much more settled and stable with the ins and out (can’t find a spot for Williams in the backline)

Momentum seemed to shift when we lost
Cerra as we lost a little midfield zip imo
Although midfield held there own

TKD, McKay, Curnow worked well with Martin particularly in the wet….Owies bobbed up with important goals…still missing a pressure small forward as we know

A wins a win…plenty to like, plenty to work on

Typical big footy carlton poster pessimists during the week.

"There's no way that we'll get near Melbourne, they're heaps better than our soft poorly coached team"

After the game

"We should be embarrassed by that performance, we'll never be contenders if we keep dishing that up"

Never change some of you people.
Abso-bloody-lutely!

Daft comments - 6&3.

Similar in what way exactly.
The same unrelentingly daft balance between run and contested work.

The same unrelentingly egotistical behaviour from Cripps and Walsh to demand the football when they don't deserve it, and to try and take on the game in situations that do not call for it.

The same unrelenting arrogance to flog elite endurance runners into the ground instead of spreading some of the load through selection, management of minutes when they push themselves anaerobically, and not rolling the dice so much with underdone and athletically incapable players.

Shall I keep going?

In those conditions, Owies with 100% efficiency and Acres with 94% efficiency.
We give Acres shit for his kicks sometimes, as I guess when he mucks up they can be howlers, but he often goes at pretty good efficiency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WtF was that? I'm a mixed bag of emotions, I'm ecstatic we won, but at the same time disappointed we blew the huge lead we worked so hard for!!! Overall we looked much better structurally down back...... Cincotta absolutely pants Pickett the return of Gov and Kemp we looked like a different side compared to last week.A good start to the weekend! Go Blues!!!

Melbourne are an extremely good side, they where always going to fight back, a game of two halves, they’d be extremely happy to be in our position !

We pipped them, take the win and move on
Go Blues
they were never in the lead, not even once, for all 120 minutes of the match!!

We give Acres s**t for his kicks sometimes, as I guess when he mucks up they can be howlers, but he often goes at pretty good efficiency

He was low last week, but he just does so many timely things. I love the guy more and more.

A very lucky win. We could barely walk let alone run in the last quarter. The so-called high performance staff have a lot of work to do!

I'm not sure that a flag team allows Melbourne to get back into the game. A very disappointing win because we ought to have won quite easily.

Bit of a collapse there in that fourth quarter. Still though that's a vital four points banked ahead of a tough road trip to Sydney next week.

It was important not to lose a third successive game, and we edged out Melbourne in another close one. After the Swans game the fixtures get a little bit easier as well.

It's all about keeping the top four within our sights as we await the return of our better players.
The mindset has to be we win every game. Within the game, it has to be dominate opposition. Relentlessly.

There’s an aim to do it, but game management sucks right now. We shouldn’t need to bank on ‘easy draw past the hard teams’ to rely on a top four spot. That’s making up the numbers. This team is talented enough and good enough to be the absolute best, but we aren’t there right now.

We can't keep playing Ollie on the wing he is too slow to react. He is killing us at the moment

He was really good in the first half. It was a tiring game.

Back