2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you actually watch the game
I did. a lot of useless chip stats. 38 disposals and 1 goal and only 2 coaches votes speaks volumes. 38 touches and 525 metres gained equates to 13m per disposal which shows he was chippy chip. If you exclude the 4 sickouts then his metres gained goes down to about 340 from 34 disposals which is 10m per possession.

I did. a lot of useless chip stats. 38 disposals and 1 goal and only 2 coaches votes speaks volumes. 38 touches and 525 metres gained equates to 13m per disposal which shows he was chippy chip. If you exclude the 4 sickouts then his metres gained goes down to about 340 from 34 disposals which is 10m per possession.

‘Only two coaches votes’ in a game where for all intents and purposes the game was over five minutes into the second quarter and he had basically no one else ‘winning’ their position. I’d say in relative terms ‘only’ two coaches voted is tantamount to getting all of them.

‘Only two coaches votes’ in a game where for all intents and purposes the game was over five minutes into the second quarter and he had basically no one else ‘winning’ their position. I’d say in relative terms ‘only’ two coaches voted is tantamount to getting all of them.
the coaches votes isn't flawed like the Brownlow. Players from losing teams get best on ground all the time.

I replied to a Geelong poster so I posted a Geelong player. I wasn’t even talking to you, are you in love with me or some s**t cause you follow me around like a bad smell.
I will just take that as a nomination for Dempsey then. You can't even name another wingman you like.

I really wouldn't have gone that far, but he could be a gun in a few years. Glad to have you on board.

I'll post Kozzy's stats if he comes good.

38 possessions and 1 goal is 10 coaches votes in 99% of matches whether you team wins or loses by 100.

I've given you the facts about his metres gained. You disregarded it.

a good player doesn’t bite off to the opposition. If he’s getting the ball 38 times and has no one to kick it to, which is more often than not going to be the case when your team is getting belted, what are you better off doing: taking metres and turning the ball over or finding a teammate

a good player doesn’t bite off to the opposition. If he’s getting the ball 38 times and has no one to kick it to, which is more often than not going to be the case when your team is getting belted, what are you better off doing: taking metres and turning the ball over or finding a teammate
I don't disagree. my initial point is that he had about 25 nothing possessions. That's confirmed if not by the eye but also by the metres gained. And then the person mentioned he had high metres gained which is strange considering he actually had low metres gained considering the amount of disposals he had.

I will just take that as a nomination for Dempsey then. You can't even name another wingman you like.

I really wouldn't have gone that far, but he could be a gun in a few years. Glad to have you on board.

I'll post Kozzy's stats if he comes good.

He won’t don’t bother 🤣

Lucky we got him cheap

max Holmes had more metres gained from 13 less touches! 13! Sheezel had 4 kickins so his 38 disposals is really 34 and we can about 200m off his total metres gained due to 4long kickins.

So you're basing your analysis off one game against Geelong in Geelong as evidence he is just a seagull?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

most players in the conversation for AA will have a down game. Ryan is no exception

your comment made it sound like Waterman is a spud, he's having a reasonable (career best?) season
That's your error in perception. Had no pejorative descriptors for Waterman.

Stat gathering intercept defender with 4 kicked on him in a half not defending his man

That's your error in perception. Had no pejorative descriptors for Waterman.

Stat gathering intercept defender with 4 kicked on him in a half not defending his man
nuh, my apologies mate. Respect your posting, always have.

You are correct though, having 4 kicked on your isn't great. Just a dirty night for the Dockers.

McKay was fantastic again keeping Walker to 1 goal and 9 intercept possessions. Has to be in the team at this point. Clearly the standout behind Taylor. Been instrumental in our four wins

McKay was fantastic again keeping Walker to 1 goal and 9 intercept possessions. Has to be in the team at this point. Clearly the standout behind Taylor. Been instrumental in our four wins
You could make an argument for Pearce, McGovern, Buckley, Moore and others for the key back positions. Beyond Taylor the field is open, McKay certainly is not clearly the standout behind him.

Pearce has to go out after having his ass handed to him last night. Mckay been admirable as even when his team's been thumped he's been a lone shining light for the Dons down back.

Probably only Bontempelli, Liberatore and Treloar for us are worth a mention for the squad. I thought Weightman was worth a shout but there are a few small forwards ahead of him.

I thought Bontempelli had started slow but he's averaging 25 disposals, 6 tackles, 6 clearances and if he keeps scoring as he is, will have 35+ goals on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back