Autopsy 2024 Round 3 Bruising Blues Too Much For Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 3 vs North?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't like the booing of Fisher.

He asked to for a trade but he would have been in the VFL all year with us and hasn't said or done anything disrespectful.

We'd really moved past him and that's ok
yeah but now we got nuffies turning up to games who havent been in 20 years. (every club unfortunately!)

To my viewing, i reckon we are still playing with all of Vossy's contest and pressure of last year, but we are looking a little bit more dynamic and powerful and on top of the ground. No doubt a result of a lot of hard training over 3 years to get us very fit and also a bit more confidence in themselves and each other.

We are mature, strong and confident now. We still have faults like every team, but we are progressing fairly quickly. It doesn't seem like just a giant big slog this year.

Of some of our role players, i thought Fog and Owies were excellent today. Kennedy was back to a fitter looking BigBoy Kennedy. Cotts and Boyd were quieter but by no means in trouble imo. With Cotts and Ollie, on top of Acres and Walsh, and now Elijah, i'm so much more confident at half and 3/4 time because their gut run will give us hope...every game.

H in Max Gawn game domination mode. Cerra, George, Crippa and Kennedy too strong and polished. Great to see ya Weiters. Rapt with Zac's 3 games.

But he only had 7 disposals. According to some that's all that matters. Fortunately they are in the very vocal minority.

Yep it’s a shame some people just look at the stats sheet to decide if someone has played well. In this age of slingshot footy the wing role is back to becoming about blocking exits for the opposition when they transition on defence. I remember watching Melbourne play the Bulldogs in 2021 at Marvel and Angus Brayshaw was almost best of ground but had less than 20 touches. He was like a one man wall against their transition game.

“While he wasn't our best player, I think Lachie Fogarty is such an important player with his forward line pressure. Loved his game today.”

^ this 100%.
He finally got a big wrap from the commentary today.

From his old Geelong teammate Patrick Dangerfield no less.

One of those guys who just does the smart things every single time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dew alienated him and wouldn't instruct him what he needed to get back into the best 22. I'd absolutely blame Dew. Obviously the end of the season stuff happened, but he would been much more secure if he didn't get treated like that by Dew.
Dew and Teague. Peas... Pod.... Etc

Anyway

******* fun team to watch these days.

Did what we had to do. Thought our ball use was pretty fumbly all day, just not much clean, crisp possession. But it’s the start of the year coming off a bye, so plenty of excuses.

Who wants to be playing premiership winning football in March??? Not me!

Rack up the wins early, don’t care how just rack them up!

Team has done that so I’m happy.

Jono Brown is a flog who can’t stand his daughter barracks for us. Suck it up you campaigner.

Currently Jack Carroll or Cottrell. But both are playing their part well, so whoever it is will be unlucky

Might be unpopular but I would bring Walsh in for Ollie Hollands. Keep Sam away from the crash and bash of the midfield as he eases back into it, tell Ollie to go and dominate for a month in the VFL before bringing him back in. He has started the season a little slower than expected.

I count 32 blokes who would have a decent claim for best 22, that is without considering wildcards like Cowan, Wilson and Binns who started well in the 2s today and have so much improvement left. There will be some unlucky players with everyone fit.

Back