Game Day 2024 Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying this for the first time today. Please tell me Dermie doesnt also do special comments on SEN
He does but not all the time, thank god

Its the first time I've actually heard him on SEN this year and probably the worst experience I had was last night

Each to their own but I prefer putting up with Dermie then I do with BT and JB

Matt Hill is elite

No one. They’re lazy.
People are forced to watch anyway.
They just roll out ex players…
The best ones were always pro’s, Dennis, Bruce, even though Bruce annoyed me.
Even if you watch on Kayo/Fox the free to air games are commentated by Seven.
I think Matty Hill (horse racing caller) does a great job, professional commentator, but there was a heap of whining about him (even around here) when he called a game a week or so ago.
Jason Bennett does a lot of VFL and AFLW. Its got me buggered how he isn't with one of the main broadcasters doing AFL games. He shits all over what we currently have to listen to.

He does but not all the time, thank god

Its the first time I've actually heard him on SEN this year and probably the worst experience I had was last night

Each to their own but I prefer putting up with Dermie then I do with BT and JB

Matt Hill is elite
How good is it they’ve recruited Matt Hill, he’s a star.

Bollox

Such a great read. Laughed a lot, thanks.

On a serious reply to all the road kill, there are a couple of reasons. It’s been really dry down here so the Roos etc, are struggling to find food. Grass tends to grow on the side of the road so they tend to feed there. Second reason is, the state is being taken over by greenies, and less people are shooting, meaning there is no control over the amount of wildlife there is. I live in Tranmere, across the river from Hobart and there was a big Bennett’s Wallaby sitting in our street when I left for work at 8am yesterday. They are taking over in the suburbs now, when you hardly saw them a few years ago.

If you like a craft beer and burgers, give Shambles a run (Main Rd, North Hobart).

Hayden Young traded out by 35,000 teams.

Current ownership now at under 20%. I understand it but man that's wild.

Started the year at 42% ownership lol

I feel like I’m on the set of mean girls reading a burn book????? The amount of absolute dribble coming through SuperCoach Round 3 discussion is off the charts 🤣🤣
giphy.gif

MY EXCELLENT SUPERCOACH ROAD TRIP
Captains log, Day 5

Like so many at this time of year i found myself trying to strike a healthy compromise between doing the Easter thing and sneaking time to look and fk around with my early season SC team. Somehow this year i allowed myself to be roped into a trip to Hobart when all i really want to do is nothing much. Long story short i've now been on 3 longish day trips to places i've been to multiple times before, so that my GF can visit places she hasnt yet been. Yeah Wonderful. I just lurrrv spending multpile days trying to act remotely interested in another beach or a bunch of trees. What i wasnt prepared for was the amount of roadkill on this trip. Normally there's plenty around Tassie with the obligatory crows trying to peck at it and avoid the 100kph obstacles...but this time it was as if an armada of 1000 Arnie's with mini-guns have gone on a rampage from the back of a hi-lux. Some sort of battle must have occurred down here recently that never made the news back in Sydney.

Anyway, long story short (kind of) i've found a certain escape from the mundane driving and incessant babble coming from the passenger seat...SC has provided blessed relief from " Janine thinks that electric cars have no resale value and is interested in that new audi...what do you think? Maybe we should get Cassie a pot plant for the new place, hmmm ?? ". I do the guy thing and pretend to be interested by catching just enough of what she says to nod my head and say "for sure" at just the right time...BUT, truth is that i found a regular happy place drifting off thinking about whether to bring in Sanders or Sharp, or who to captain this week. Obviously you cannot ever tell your woman that you are thinking about SC whilst she talks, so the only challenge was to make up s**t as the kilometres went by and she would ask "are you listening ? coz u have a blank expression on your face ".
It almost came unstuck when she expected me to take a photo of her on the edge of a 100000 ft drop at a dam after about 3 hours driving. I'm no fan of heights so i just said what any guy would " nahh fk that, take a selfie" Straight away i'm in strife...." ok whats bothering you, sometimes you seem so distant. Just tell me. You can tell me anything " Yeah i know that old trap women like to use, so once again i lied. I had the perfect chance to say "i've decided to go with Sharp and whack the VC on Serong " but i knew that would just create 10 more questions related to whatever the hell a Serong is, and "why do you even care about that s**t" etc etc etc. I dont care much for questions that i cannot answer without sounding like a 12 year old.....so i lied of course, again. Always the best policy believe me.

But wait, you deserve more of this amazing story of mobile Superocaching. On the way back to Hobart from another drive yesterday there was a school bus in front of me. What has that got to do with anything you ask ??? Well for some reason i suddenly wondered if those half a dozen boys at the back of the bus were going to browneye me (coz you know, thats just what i was expecting them to do) when suddenly i got a text message. One of my nephews i was in town to visit texted me " Take the VC off Daicos " I have never loved a relative more at any time in my life than at that moment. I love that young man.
So next stop i secretly texted him back saying how i kept seeing bonkers amounts of roadkill and was calling them "Coffield's" "Reid's" or " hey, that one looks like it could be a Gibcus"...i got back "nahh that powell is a trap". It was at that moment i realised i finally had a family member i could actually talk to about important s**t.
"Who are you texting honey ??"
"Just a guy from work, its nothing "

I was on a bucks weekend once, visiting the pubs outside of Ballarat when the guys at the back of the bus mooned a P plater behind, she hit the brakes which we thought was funny.

it took a couple of seconds to realise, but the reason she braked is they'd knocked the emergency exit window on to the road.

Which was of course even funnier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is gonna be Jordan Dawson v Hayden Young later tonight.

A battle for the ages.

Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 11.21.34 am.png

Bollox

On a serious reply to all the road kill, there are a couple of reasons. It’s been really dry down here so the Roos etc, are struggling to find food. Grass tends to grow on the side of the road so they tend to feed there. Second reason is, the state is being taken over by greenies, and less people are shooting, meaning there is no control over the amount of wildlife there is. I live in Tranmere, across the river from Hobart and there was a big Bennett’s Wallaby sitting in our street when I left for work at 8am yesterday. They are taking over in the suburbs now, when you hardly saw them a few years ago.

If you like a craft beer and burgers, give Shambles a run (Main Rd, North Hobart).
That explains it and makes sense. It does all look pretty dry. Its like a war zone in some parts, mainly paddy melons and other wallabies.
1 trip was Coles Bay, another to Gordon Dam/Strathgordon, and another to Bruny Is. Weather has been amazing. Been everywhere here many times so its not easy to get enthusiastic. Heading back to Skidney tomorrow.

edit:I saw a Hare walking straight up the middle of a street near Howrah which i think is over near your way. Plenty of wallabies/rabbits etc just hanging around town but i wasnt expecting a hare.

Last edited:
Bollox

Was in Tassie October last year .
Hikes @ cradle mountain ,bay of 🔥 fire, wineglass bay .eagle hawk neck 14 K hike at cape cape raoul.
And boat ride around Tassman island .was great.

Mount feild is also very good not very far from Hobart..

I was on a bucks weekend once, visiting the pubs outside of Ballarat when the guys at the back of the bus mooned a P plater behind, she hit the brakes which we thought was funny.

it took a couple of seconds to realise, but the reason she braked is they'd knocked the emergency exit window on to the road.

Which was of course even funnier.
:straining::straining::straining::straining::straining:
Yeah women dont like it much. They go right off. We often worked to a plan in the bus.
Best ever was to wait till someone with their missus overtakes the bus, and you crowd the right hand side and give them what we called a full broadside. We had one bloke go off the deep end and try to stop the bus but the driver was just laffing his head off coz he knew what we did. Reckon his missus was not happy with what she saw.
Its fun thinking back on some of the s**t that was just normal part of school.
For some reason i just assumed these kids in that bus would do it to me....maybe its not the done thing anymore :p:p:p

I'm ready for a big SC day, it will set up my week - and allow me to enjoy my flight without any real SC concerns

VC McKay 2X140
Xerri 105
Powell 95

Jackson 120
Young 95
Fyfe 85

780 - let's round it out to 800 - and we'll call that a good day

Happy Easter
GL to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad