Game Day 2024 Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY EXCELLENT SUPERCOACH ROAD TRIP
Captains log, Day 5

Like so many at this time of year i found myself trying to strike a healthy compromise between doing the Easter thing and sneaking time to look and fk around with my early season SC team. Somehow this year i allowed myself to be roped into a trip to Hobart when all i really want to do is nothing much. Long story short i've now been on 3 longish day trips to places i've been to multiple times before, so that my GF can visit places she hasnt yet been. Yeah Wonderful. I just lurrrv spending multpile days trying to act remotely interested in another beach or a bunch of trees. What i wasnt prepared for was the amount of roadkill on this trip. Normally there's plenty around Tassie with the obligatory crows trying to peck at it and avoid the 100kph obstacles...but this time it was as if an armada of 1000 Arnie's with mini-guns have gone on a rampage from the back of a hi-lux. Some sort of battle must have occurred down here recently that never made the news back in Sydney.

Anyway, long story short (kind of) i've found a certain escape from the mundane driving and incessant babble coming from the passenger seat...SC has provided blessed relief from " Janine thinks that electric cars have no resale value and is interested in that new audi...what do you think? Maybe we should get Cassie a pot plant for the new place, hmmm ?? ". I do the guy thing and pretend to be interested by catching just enough of what she says to nod my head and say "for sure" at just the right time...BUT, truth is that i found a regular happy place drifting off thinking about whether to bring in Sanders or Sharp, or who to captain this week. Obviously you cannot ever tell your woman that you are thinking about SC whilst she talks, so the only challenge was to make up s**t as the kilometres went by and she would ask "are you listening ? coz u have a blank expression on your face ".
It almost came unstuck when she expected me to take a photo of her on the edge of a 100000 ft drop at a dam after about 3 hours driving. I'm no fan of heights so i just said what any guy would " nahh fk that, take a selfie" Straight away i'm in strife...." ok whats bothering you, sometimes you seem so distant. Just tell me. You can tell me anything " Yeah i know that old trap women like to use, so once again i lied. I had the perfect chance to say "i've decided to go with Sharp and whack the VC on Serong " but i knew that would just create 10 more questions related to whatever the hell a Serong is, and "why do you even care about that s**t" etc etc etc. I dont care much for questions that i cannot answer without sounding like a 12 year old.....so i lied of course, again. Always the best policy believe me.

But wait, you deserve more of this amazing story of mobile Superocaching. On the way back to Hobart from another drive yesterday there was a school bus in front of me. What has that got to do with anything you ask ??? Well for some reason i suddenly wondered if those half a dozen boys at the back of the bus were going to browneye me (coz you know, thats just what i was expecting them to do) when suddenly i got a text message. One of my nephews i was in town to visit texted me " Take the VC off Daicos " I have never loved a relative more at any time in my life than at that moment. I love that young man.
So next stop i secretly texted him back saying how i kept seeing bonkers amounts of roadkill and was calling them "Coffield's" "Reid's" or " hey, that one looks like it could be a Gibcus"...i got back "nahh that powell is a trap". It was at that moment i realised i finally had a family member i could actually talk to about important s**t.
"Who are you texting honey ??"
"Just a guy from work, its nothing "
Great read! 🤣

Fisher, LDU, Pink and Carroll here.

Death riding the half back flankers Williams Sheezel and McKercher. I am in for a rough afternoon

Dusty OUT for the Tiges with a calf issue.

Grimes out now too, think we might miss the top 4 at this rate and have to settle for a top 8 finish. Less than ideal.

From Mr Magnets' Presser:

Beveridge said Macrae will be in the starting 22, rather than filling the substitute role, after a delayed start to the season because of a hamstring injury and loading issue with his femur.

"He trained extremely hard in the off-season - he worked himself a bit too hard - and it was just a matter of getting his match practice up to a stage where he's totally ready at AFL level," Beveridge said.

"Off last week's performance, we believe he is ready to come in. It's as simple as that."

return of the mack 90s GIF

0/0

Zwill, Sheez, Fisher (McKercher E)

Praying for 4 quarters of 40m+ kick to kick, what a thriller.

Then just Dawson in the later game with Sharp on the bench ready to slot in at M8 if McKercher shits the bed now that I got him in.

Very slow start to the round.

Who would you captain out of Bont, Butters and Serong?
Backed Daicos for VC but id rather not take that.
I don’t have Gawn or English. Went with Marshall and Grundy

I like Bont v Eagles but I worry about him being subbed early if they smack the eagles early, as he was sore last week

I like Bont v Eagles but I worry about him being subbed early if they smack the eagles early, as he was sore last week
Butters destroyed Melbourne last year in the wet so the Demons might target him a bit more.

I'd go Serong vs a so-far underwhelming Adelaide midfield.

Then again, I have English who will ton up by half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I'd steer clear of Bont and go Serong or Butters. Both are at home in games that will be tough but which their respective teams should win

239/2

Williams McKercher Powell in the first game, 200 would be a good outcome.

Jackson Serong Fyfe Sharp (Burgess E) tonight. 350 from them a minimum

Friday night and I'd have 10 already played!

Just (new recruit) Sheez and McKercher first up (Carroll looped).

Don't make me regret it, little Harry.

EDIT: Oops, forgot Zilliams.

Last edited:
Sheezel, Mckercher, Williams and fisher up first.

Young and Jackson tonight

Will meet you there after the game... One way or the other, we will need a good drink tonight!

I have so many players today. First up: New recruit Powell + LDU Kerch Fisher and Williams. Ended up going L Ryan over Sheez for my Young replacement, hopefully that goes well too. Go North!
ive got half ur bloody side in today , crazy

newbies powell mckerk to add to sheez xerri and LDU , luckily a few will be gone by r12 bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back