Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is a more crucial trade out, Newcombe or Young (and who would be a good addition in)? I haven't watched any Freo games so I'm not sure if Young has just had bad clangers or he has had really poor games, whereas Newcombe I have watched and he has been abysmal so far (do think he can turn it around, but his SC value will plummet short-term).

I will have to hold one due to other injuries in my team.

I feel your pain mate:thumbsu:
I would trade Newcombe first there are some good sideways options or even make some cash Steele/M Crouch

Tinkering with my team to try and squeeze Jackson & Powell into my team in the same week using cash generation from Young.

Young > Pink/Hore/Phillips (pending teams)
Sexton > Powell
Fyfe > Jackson & $26k ITB

Would mean fielding Howes + another defensive rookie over the next couple of bye weeks until there is enough cash gen to turn Coffield into a premo.

Jackson is my ticket to English via Grundy and do not want to miss out on the run…

Too early to cull Fyfe based on news he is playing and ability to score big, but I think these trades offer me something in a way where I do not fall behind the pack?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who is a more crucial trade out, Newcombe or Young (and who would be a good addition in)? I haven't watched any Freo games so I'm not sure if Young has just had bad clangers or he has had really poor games, whereas Newcombe I have watched and he has been abysmal so far (do think he can turn it around, but his SC value will plummet short-term).

Both have to go, if your midfield bench has a potential fieldable option/loop I would lean towards trading Young to a premo. Could work both ways, depending on who you are targeting to maximise points

Any of you characters prepared to give your best elevator pitch* for retaining Hayden Young and hoping his bout of life threatening clangeritis magically clears up in Scoops' Shark Tank™️?
Shark Tank Mark GIF by ABC Network

* Sxoops works.in an industry where jokers really speak like this with a straight face. They can't straighten pipes, resstrng fences and lay pavers eith their fancy words though,, can they

100% Newcombe. No chance he is a top 8 mid. Young could still be D6 or thereabouts. Plus way better mid alternatives to replace Newcombe then defenders for Young. Also, lots of people still have Young so even if he fails it won't hurt your overall rank as much as newcombe.

Any of you characters prepared to give your best elevator pitch* for retaining Hayden Young and hoping his bout of life threatening clangeritis magically clears up in Scoops' Shark Tank™️?
Shark Tank Mark GIF by ABC Network

* Sxoops works.in an industry where jokers really speàk like this with a straight face. They can't straighten pipes and relay pavers with their fancy words though,, can they? Advantage Scoops.

Tinkering with my team to try and squeeze Jackson & Powell into my team in the same week using cash generation from Young.

Young > Pink/Hore/Phillips (pending teams)
Sexton > Powell
Fyfe > Jackson & $26k ITB

Would mean fielding Howes + another defensive rookie over the next couple of bye weeks until there is enough cash gen to turn Coffield into a premo.

Jackson is my ticket to English via Grundy and do not want to miss out on the run…

Too early to cull Fyfe based on news he is playing and ability to score big, but I think these trades offer me something in a way where I do not fall behind the pack?

This could be a one week fix, trading Coffield for Worner next week and loop the D6 position until ready to upgrade

This shows just how dire the clangerfest has been vs normal levels.
Elephant in the room is:
Clean those up and he'd still be landing at 85, which is 50 shades of Whitehouse for 525k.

This shows just how dire the clangerfest has been vs normal levels.
Elephant in the room is:
Clean those up and he'd still be landing at 85, which is 50 shades of Whitehouse for 525k.

Remember it's a very different game being an inside mid vs a HB seagull. A whole lot less time and space.

The clangers will come down, but I doubt they'll be as low as his previous totals for as long as he's in the middle.

Remember it's a very different game being an inside mid vs a HB seagull. A whole lot less time and space.

The clangers will come down, but I doubt they'll be as low as his previous totals for as long as he's in the middle.
Yeah, absolutely, already considered that, but his levels post-switch last year were far lower.
Wish 'd backed myself in, but often enough it goes the other way and it's the correct call going with the pack. Oh well.

I feel your pain mate:thumbsu:
I would trade Newcombe first there are some good sideways options or even make some cash Steele/M Crouch

Both have to go, if your midfield bench has a potential fieldable option/loop I would lean towards trading Young to a premo. Could work both ways, depending on who you are targeting to maximise points

100% Newcombe. No chance he is a top 8 mid. Young could still be D6 or thereabouts. Plus way better mid alternatives to replace Newcombe then defenders for Young. Also, lots of people still have Young so even if he fails it won't hurt your overall rank as much as newcombe.
Thanks for the advice guys! Was planning on Newcombe but thought I'd hear the thoughts. Was thinking to Steele or Cripps, heard Steele has been a bit ill this week though, but Cripps has Walsh coming back which might steals some of his scoring. Will take a look at Crouch now too though.

Unfortunately I had Coffield, Gibcus and Reid, I held Gibcus for a week hoping he'd be the only one i trade out and have a good look at the best bubble rookie, but Coffield went down too both long-term (Reid im holding for now as I'm forced to, but also he could be back in 3-4 weeks).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the record:
Scoops is not suffering a Hayden Young induced stroke.
Phone copped water damage and am on an old phone lying around in the old man's desk haha. Typing tough going

I also got trolled by Butters thinking he was a bit iffy injury wise coming into rd1 and went Rozee instead 😂 Rozee has been ok but Butters has been going crazy lol
Won't help a heap, but on paper, throw a blanket over the pair of them.
In practice, the gulf has been huge.
Rough as.

What’s everyone’s plan with Grundy. I’m tempted to shift him off to Xerri or Jackson. I was Jackson’s biggest hater but I think the money he will make is enough to justify getting him in. Worst case he makes it easier to get Marshall/English, otherwise he will be a fine forward keeper, regardless of Darcy.

Xerri gives me an extra 80k, allows me to hold Martin (Xerri and Martin on field v Grundy and only have 21 this week) but obviously he’s almost definitely a trade down the line and if he plops out 80s for the next month, he won’t even reach Grundy’s current price.

I guess I’m just a little worried that in two weeks after Grundy plays West Coast and has his bye, that I won’t be able to facilitate a trade for him. I mean, 2 weeks is a long time in SuperCoach, so it does seem a little risky just assuming we will be able to trade him in two weeks. The way things are looking, Grundy to English will still be 200k in two weeks.
If you are not desperate to trade anyone else then pull the trigger.

Grundy is not top 4 ruckman, so you’ll be getting rid of him anyway - so might as well get something out of it now

I've thought about a few changes but I think I'm going to try and hold as many trades as I can for now. Just Smerry for McKercher.

Im seriously considering doing these trades

Young > Ambrosio
Dawson > Serong
Gibicus > Jackson
Middle one is a waste of a boost if you have enough cash for the other two moves. It's been two games, Serong won't sustain this level, and Dawson will come good soon.

By trading Dawson to Serong, you're locking yourself into the points you've already lost by taking Dawson over Serong in the first place.

Get the appeal with extra trades etc, but they'll level out in time. Dawson is 26 and in his prime (yes, there's the Crouch factor, but that isn't the cause of his DE% drop off).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back