VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

NAS to a Wing. Schoenmaker into HBF.
Butler for Henry.
Challenge King's ban, failing that Caminiti or Campbell (free up Marshall forward and Don's play 2 Rucks)
I would not change Nas position at all.
Schoenmaker can spend some time at Sandy dominating isn't a bad thing if there isn't a like for like swap for him.

Butler for Henry
Caminiti for King
Garcia for wood

Garcia as the sub, sub him in for butler when he blows up at some point

I would not change Nas position at all.
Schoenmaker can spend some time at Sandy dominating isn't a bad thing if there isn't a like for like swap for him.

Butler for Henry
Caminiti for King
Garcia for wood

Garcia as the sub, sub him in for butler when he blows up at some point
I have no interest in moving NAS out of his dominant spot but we just lost 2x Wingers in one game.

NAS skills means he could be a jet winger, so for team structure, you have to think about it.

Pretty bare on other wing options unfortunately....Byrnes maybe?

I have no interest in moving NAS out of his dominant spot but we just lost 2x Wingers in one game.

NAS skills means he could be a jet winger, so for team structure, you have to think about it.

Treat it like the practice match it is and send Wilson to the wing

Between Hill, Brynes and Wilson, we should have enough options on the wing without moving Nas. Doesn't give us the height Wood brings but all still great runners.

We also moved Ross to the outside when needed last year so he's an option as well to rotate there.

Nas has been dominating in half back role. That's why they put him in the back and not left him floundering on a wing.

I'd go
Caminiti, Butler and garcia

NAS to a Wing. Schoenmaker into HBF.
Butler for Henry.
Challenge King's ban, failing that Caminiti or Campbell (free up Marshall forward and Don's play 2 Rucks)
Byrnes and Hill likely wingers..King unlikely to get off so Caminiti in!
Jones into the 22 with Arie, Hugo sub…Butler simply hasn’t done the work

Caminiti will bring high energy to the full forward role. We know he enjoyed playing Essendon last year he should come in feeling pretty positive.

There isn’t much of Hugo Garcia at the moment but he throws every ounce of it into contest after contest. I loved the comparison to Liberatore. Just needs to work on his core strength and ability to out body his opponents.

I was very impressed with Hasties touches though. Fast, smooth, and neat by foot. Finds space with pace and hits a teammate. Will be a player for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would bring in Shoey and shuffle the team around to fit him in.

He could play wing I reckon or we play Bonner or someone on the wing and let Shoey play back.

We already have NAS and Sinc for run from behind.
Agree bring Shoey in and move Bonner or even Nas to the wing

It looked like they’d actually recruited ok, see how the year pans out I guess

The structures look out. Like not enough quality talls in the side and true inside mids look lacking.

Recruiting didn't look bad on paper this year to be fair.

Hard to bring in the best local talent when they earn more playing VAFA or SFNL.

I dont accept that, their top up players are absolute rubbish and other teams dont seem to have a problem just Sandringham...We need to be rid of that clubs affiliation.

Last edited:
Whoever is doing our VFL recruiting needs to go. Sandringham's form totally rests on the saints injury list and the form of their fringe players...and has done for far too long
Have been saying it for years, and they keep losing good quality vfl level players.

Like the frankston team could so easily have half the guys playing for the Zebs. Infact if Jack enwnes is playing for Dolphins, why could we not have recruited him to play at the zebs.

I dont accept that, their top up players are absolute rubbish and other teams dont seem to have a problem just Sandringham...We need to be rid of that clubs affiliation.
Hopefully the agreement to draft someone from there will attract a few of the better fringe players around comp to look at us as an option to getting onto an AFL list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back