VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a clear 50 Lance held on for way too long. Then he cracked it.

Maybe the lesson he needs to learn is to get the ball more than 4 times a game and to stop spitting the dummy every time it doesn’t come his way
Didn't crack it, he put his head in his hands because he knew he had messed up badly.

Getting it 4 times can occur as a small forward, but agreed, needs to develop further in the seconds.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How much of the game was Sharman sent down back?
It was he a pure forward all day?

I wonder if a club will look at Will Vesely in the MSD. He would 194cm can take a mark, has good forward craft and knows his way around goals. Like a lot of kids his age just needs to develop a physique.

Honest question - how many of you care about the result in these games? I could not care less about the score, just want to see development. Pou and Caminiti looked good today, Dow got going in the second half. Still like what Sharman does and think he can offer us something. Jones closer to the end now but solid cover if nothing else
When your senior side is struggling for wins and so many of our kids in and out of both grades I would have thought winning would create confidence for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a clear 50 Lance held on for way too long. Then he cracked it.

Maybe the lesson he needs to learn is to get the ball more than 4 times a game and to stop spitting the dummy every time it doesn’t come his way

Didn't crack it anymore than anyone would have who made that mistake.

If he cracked it any less I would have said he didn't care.

Last edited:
I wonder if a club will look at Will Vesely in the MSD. He would 194cm can take a mark, has good forward craft and knows his way around goals. Like a lot of kids his age just needs to develop a physique.

He was meant to be a tall midfielder. We are playing him as a lead up forward.

Feel like you're reading into this a bit much, could just be pissed off with himself after a frustrating day. Nothing wrong with showing some emotion
No it happened numerous times in his debut game and I’ve seen it numerous times in the VFL since

Show emotion is completely fine but this signals more of an attitude problem

No it happened numerous times in his debut game and I’ve seen it numerous times in the VFL since

Show emotion is completely fine but this signals more of an attitude problem

I think you're reading into it too much, I've also watched every one of his games and not got that impression.

Each to their own though.

Edit: regardless plenty of players have been known to lose their s**t and carry on when they shouldn't.

Jack Riewoldt, Matty Richardson, G-Train, even Sicily last week, not a sign of anything other than that they are a bit emotional

Last edited:
No that was Will Brown the ex dragons captain.

"Will Vesely transitions out of the Sandringham Dragons program to join the Zebras in 2022. Vesely brings plenty of versatility to his game, playing in various roles through his time at the Dragons. Vesely will likely play as a midfielder or through the forward line. Although he is almost the size of a key position player at 193cm, Vesely is very agile for his size and disposes of the footy well on both sides of his body. He is also the younger brother of St Kilda FC's AFLW player, Olivia Vesely. We look forward to seeing what Vesely can bring in 2022."

https://www.sandringhamfc.com.au/latest-news/former-dragons-join-the-zebs

I don't understand this, one knock on him has always been he can't translate his VFL form into AFL form.

Apart from today and last week I don't think I ever saw him get less than 30 touches for Carlton in the VFL when I watched.

Hopefully our coaches are not trying to teach him something new.
The St.Kilda effect. Whatever talent u have, we will coach it out of you.

What happened at the end of the game? Collard gave away a 50?

Collard spun a guy who had taken a mark. Gave a 50 meter against him that was probably 70 meters. The guy
(defender) had never kicked a goal in his VFL career. Nailed it from 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back