Vent 2024 Vent Your Disappointments Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Dang where do I start… my Hawthorn boys…

Sic… WTAF… I kept the faith but was completely MIA today

Newc… I expected big things but it’s going to be the same old as last season it seems… sometimes good, sometimes shieeeettt

Oh my heart

Disappointment = me.

A minute before the bounce Thursday night benched Coffield and put Gibcus on field.
Few minutes before the bounce yesterday benched Howes and fielded Reid (cos I saw him take a 'contested' mark in the warmup).
Despite having Dempsey in my team since SC opened for 2024, a minute before the Norf game decided Lazzaro, who had never featured in my team, would be a better option, so said goodbye to Dempsey. At the same time decided Clark would be a better on field option than McKercher.

129 points already lost, plus whatever Howes/Coffield score.

Also changed Tom Green to Daicos VC, but that's nowhere near as bad as above.

Martin, sheer blind faith in this pick was a mistake, should have been a upgrade target.:drunk:

Fisher, see above but he was always a mid pricer I was willing to swap OUT for the best mid pricer to start the year,
was reason I started a DPP player in the mids.

Other than that injuries are part of the game, looks like it was probably on the cards for Massimo anyway.

Where do I start:straining:

Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel

Was very keen on Wanganeen-Milera, but in the last day or two I worked in Hayden Young due to everyone else having him and feared being left behind. Wish I backed my gut there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its one round but I swapped Serong to Dawson.

I was struggling all pre season with this call and to be honest I thought that Serong usually gets 40 touches for 110 points and that turned me off as if he didn't get 40 he wasn't scoring 100. Turns out he can actually go quiet big.

Well, Well, Well what a round of :poo:

-Gibcus on field and 3 rookies subbed off.

And in some serious dog :poo: DE and free kick against fests from numerous players such as Fisher, Young, Brayshaw, Clark, Grundy, Harmes and Lazarro.

Eat a bag of d$$$s you kents!

Lets not forget all 50/50 calls i got wrong that absoltely crucified me this weekend.
-What are the effing chances that Gawn outscores English with a 119 by 42 points and drops a 162.
-What are the chances Fyfe outscores Harmes by 68 and Billings by even more.
-What are the chances that Serong outscores Brayshaw by 68 points
-What are the chances that Houston outscores Young by 48 points

IT was an absolute cluster f%%k yesterday. Theres around 230 points differential and tens of thousands of ranking spots just amongst those decision i had to make yesterday.

Praying that the boys respond.

Starting Lazarro - looking like fool's gold
Fisher - shat the bed bigtime on Saturday
Switching Xerri to Grundy - had X in all preseason but was seduced by round 0.
Reid and Clark look like s**t but at least they were on my bench.

Starting Wines and not Mrouch by listening to others

Wines has to much competition for midfield points and TOG and he's not in the starting 3 rotation.

Avoiding the early bye teams and their stars going beserk.

Swapped Fyfe to Harmes the hunk of s**t, to free up some cash thinking it’ll be much of a muchness between the two.

Even worse, completely erased Billjbgs as an option after he started as a sub last week, so it’s Harmes >> Billing’s this week & watch Natalie to see if he back it up against norf

Was very keen on Wanganeen-Milera, but in the last day or two I worked in Hayden Young due to everyone else having him and feared being left behind. Wish I backed my gut there.
I had Houston (114) and swapped to Young (70) on the last day

Williams , Young , Fisher , Gibcus , Clark ) Sanders (Bevo bloody Bevo)

Budarick, Reid, Gibcus, Clark and Jaicos all on field. A Jaicos junk time goal help to nudge it to just over 100 between them.
With a boost three of them were left at the station the other two next week.

View attachment 1933050
I'm still pretty annoyed about Budarick doing so badly. Even if he scored a 45 or something it would be manageable if he did well this week, but a 17 RUINS him immediately just before his bye. Whatta spud.

I'm still pretty annoyed about Budarick doing so badly. Even if he scored a 45 or something it would be manageable if he did well this week, but a 17 RUINS him immediately just before his bye. Whatta spud.
7 possessions 5 clangers 86% TOG.
He's playing in Ballarat this week hope the cooler weather doesn't affect him like the rain did. LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back