Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

22 - Irving Mosquito.jpg

Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Round 16, 2020 (injured)
Injury Status: Has taken indefinite leave - 11/5
Ruptured ACL confirmed - 7/9
Serious-looking knee injury against Geelong - 6/9

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
It will take a while for him to adjust to the weather, I am still adjusting to it coming back to Melbourne after 11 years up there.

Not sure if it was truth or urban legend, where the story I heard was when Michael Long was recruited that they ran the sauna for him at Windy Hill so he could go in and warm up during training.

mayhem20202

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2007
Sale, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
Good luck to the young man. I taught in a remote community near Halls Creek a few years ago and knew some of the Mosquitos. It will take a while for him to adjust to the weather, I am still adjusting to it coming back to Melbourne after 11 years up there. Heaps more kids up in the East Kimberley like him, who have unbelievable talent. Will follow how he goes and hope he kills it at Essendon.

You do realize he has lived in the same climate as Melb for the last 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Not much buzz about Irving so far..

I figure with his slight frame he is most likely a 2020 debutant. Very interested though in how he is he looking on the track.
Anyone with observations so far?

Not much buzz about Irving so far..

I figure with his slight frame he is most likely a 2020 debutant. Very interested though in how he is he looking on the track.
Anyone with observations so far?
He watched the Dodoro video and realised the fist pump was fake.

He's refusing to come out of his room or eat his dinner. Should probably delist now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

greysong

Senior List
Apr 1, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd like to know more about his plans to finish Year 12 this year. At what school? How will this affect his training commitments?

I'd like to know more about his plans to finish Year 12 this year. At what school? How will this affect his training commitments?
Club will work his training around his schoolwork. There's been quite a few players finish VCE post draft and almost all are involved in study/training outside of football these days.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Anyone else sometimes get the gist our social media team really knows very little about football. Odd bunch of questions.

“Which teammate sings the club song with the most gusto?”... He literally has not played a game with us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I assume there has been a strong focus on singing training this preseason

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Anyone else sometimes get the gist our social media team really knows very little about football. Odd bunch of questions.

“Which teammate sings the club song with the most gusto?”... He literally has not played a game with us

Club song "awareness" I believe they call it.

Pretty sure these are the AFL record questions that they've printed early.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Wouldn't be fair to debut a small forward when the team is playing like ass.

Why, it’s not like we aren’t generating inside 50s! We had four more than the Saints, our small forwards being off the pace is partially what’s hurting our perfomance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back