Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

He also has (at least in theory) a skillset that not a lot of others have. The combination of genuine clearance winning midfielder at his size and good to very good kick of the footy continues to seduce everyone.

Every coach he's had has regarded him as pretty much an auto in when fit so he obviously says and does all the right things on a week to week basis which is an underrated quality in and of itself but I think he's pretty well cooked.

Why he's being brought back in these circumstances is completely beyond me
Presumably because they believe he can play himself back into form and contribute in the mean-time.

I feel there's also quite a bit of residual resentment over the clear policy of the past couple of seasons that only one of he and Langford could play at a time. As Wearybomber would put it, that's hardly his fault - and thankfully Langford remains in.

Go your hardest fellas .
Thought he had one of his best games in ages.
Cant help it if no one can take a mark in the forward line but I'm sure you'll all see it differently.
Best of all we won which most of you predicted the opposite so you see you can be wrong .
A bit of a positive vibe might be nice to hear so bring on the Eagles !!!!

Go your hardest fellas .
Cant help it if no one can take a mark in the forward line but I'm sure you'll all see it differently.
Best of all we won which most of you predicted the opposite so you see you can be wrong .

As I have already said. Happy to be wrong. Have not seen the game but he is named in the best so he must have had a decent game.
I really hope he can get up and going. It saves us having to find big body clearance players.

For me he just has one mode, which is hack it forward. Okay, he made some clearances, but other than that very meh.

When they change the rules next season and there has to be players in their own areas at a center bounce that hack forward will be handy :thumbsu:

I'm not a fan but after an ordinary first quarter, he played pretty well.

The problem with him is he's a clumsy player. He's not clean with his hands, he tackles in a way which is a high risk of giving away free kicks from getting them high and he has no finesse with his kicking - its long bomb to nowhere most of the time.

Its great that he played a good game but I have little faith that he will begin to do that week in week out.

It what I like about you Kelvin at least your predictable and consistent. For the last 10 years..... keep it up

For the last 10 years..... keep it up

Weary.jpg

Weary1.jpg

giphy.gif

Go your hardest fellas .

Don’t know that this is the game to gloat. Found plenty of the footy but ball use was sub-par, to put it nicely. Stat sheet is probably misleading.

I personally don’t mind him, but he’s not going to be part of our next best-22 that can win a final, so it does seem odd to continue gifting him games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of whether he played good or not, he's still 30 years old and a B grade player at his absolute best. The minute Laverde or Mutch or Clarke is ready to step up again, Myers needs to make way for them to come into the team.

I thought he was better in the second half. I don't mind him in the last link kicking it 60m forward but in and around the packs he makes me very nervous.

Eh, good in the stoppages but disposal is generally either rushed or inaccurate.

Not a bad game but not a good one either imo.

Don’t know that this is the game to gloat. Found plenty of the footy but ball use was sub-par, to put it nicely. Stat sheet is probably misleading.

I personally don’t mind him, but he’s not going to be part of our next best-22 that can win a final, so it does seem odd to continue gifting him games.

Its always funny how the stat sheet is misleading when it clearly doesn't support someone's opinion.
But always 100% correct when it's the other way around .

Regardless of whether he played good or not, he's still 30 years old and a B grade player at his absolute best. The minute Laverde or Mutch or Clarke is ready to step up again, Myers needs to make way for them to come into the team.
Or 28 years old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back