Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment the best we can hope for each game is progress towards locking in quality permanent members of the side for the next 5 years or so. JHF and Curtis are the two to emerge this year. He footballs. Comben next please, and we need another smoky from somewhere, anywhere. That will be as good as we can get this year.

Can absolutely football.

Has mongrel, really crafty forward work and gives us a shot on goal whenever we can make it into the forward half of the ground by having a crack at the contest or giving off to a player in available space, his handball off to Zurhaar was pure class. Can forgive any blues he makes and they’re not even that common because what he offers us on the positive is a real big tick for a forward setup that needs someone like him & Ford to develop.

At the moment the best we can hope for each game is progress towards locking in quality permanent members of the side for the next 5 years or so. JHF and Curtis are the two to emerge this year. He footballs. Comben next please, and we need another smoky from somewhere, anywhere. That will be as good as we can get this year.
Yeah i think you can add CCJ to those two as players we've found that will improve us. And if as you state Comben is next, that isn't a bad development year.

CCJ has shown more the last two games than I’ve seen in Xerri. A season or two more and we might have CCJ and Edwards as our ruck combination.

Back to PC - yep, an excellent start to his career. If he had a 5 goal game like the other couple of first year small forwards there’d be a lot taking notice of this kid.

Good post, but I reckon we are at 5.

Jason, Curtis, CCJ, Scott and Perez.

Comben IMO, would make it 6, the last 3 I think we can rely upon for the next 6-7 years at least for depth.

Bloody love this kid. Will benefit from a pre-season to build that fitness base so that he can really work into space and capitalise.
I'm expecting him to announce himself in 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to recruit from the Western Jets more often.
Have said this elsewhere but we seem to be looking to the Jets rather than Queensland for underrated draftees and already you’d say it’s a far better strategy. Jets players will likely fit our traditional culture well too — get in as many western suburbs kids as we can I reckon.

Have said this elsewhere but we seem to be looking to the Jets rather than Queensland for underrated draftees and already you’d say it’s a far better strategy. Jets players will likely fit our traditional culture well too — get in as many western suburbs kids as we can I reckon.
Josh Williams, Declan Watson, Brayden Preuss and Corey Wagner dislike this

Sorry but it is compulsory for all our players to suffer from the 2nd year blues.
That can just GTFO! With such luscious locks, PC will never suffer from the blues

CCJ has shown more the last two games than I’ve seen in Xerri. A season or two more and we might have CCJ and Edwards as our ruck combination.

Back to PC - yep, an excellent start to his career. If he had a 5 goal game like the other couple of first year small forwards there’d be a lot taking notice of this kid.
I'm of the view personally that it's Xerri / CCJ fight to the death and Edwards to complement them in ~3 years. Have at it gentlemen.

I don't really care what team but your gonna get more hits from a Vic metro field than Queensland. Leave the Queensland experiment with Wagner and Williamson and move on.

Just looks like he’s a smart footballer, keep pumping games into him even if the numbers aren’t there right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back