Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 statistics are rubbish as Dow only played a small sample size of games. A bad comparison atm as one is a seasoned footballer and the other is into his infancy of his career. My study of statistics and education by lecturers in Melbourne University always told me that small sample sizes should never be taken into account unless you’re a fool.
The only way you could make comparisons with these two players is to look at their vfl history and I doubt even then you would have a large sample pool for Prestia. You have no idea of not so much on statistics, but your collation , use , interpretation and relevance of them. You’re basically a BSA conman in the insurance sales or car sales industry. 😜

Being coherent is difficult for some people TI. ;)

Being coherent is difficult for some people TI. ;)
Exactly that’s why we need to keep you in line. Please avoid stats as you really do let yourself down in this area and lose my credibility. I topped 100% in all my Probability and Statistics units in 2nd and 3rd years at Uni so I can see the s**t from the clay .

Exactly that’s why we need to keep you in line. Please avoid stats as you really do let yourself down in this area and lose my credibility. I topped 100% in all my Probability and Statistics units in 2nd and 3rd years at Uni so I can see the s**t from the clay .

That's really impressive TI. It is a shame they didn't send you to debating classes.

I avoided them bc I discovered beautiful women and they were more important
Likewise to my Mums utter disappointment

Was A grade student up until year 11 when puberty kicked in.. sport, women and parties was all that mattered.. did zero to * all study in those 2 years and still got decent TER score

What could of been

You had Hopper as BOG? Really? Did you even watch the game or did you just look at the stats? He wasn't even our best let alone BOG. Rowell destroyed all our mids including Hopper.
Of course, they will have to drop someone to make way for Dusty. Only a simpleton wouldn't realise that! If it's Dow, so be it BUT that doesn't make it fair! To get dropped after one poor game when the club hasn't given him a sustained run at it while at the same time, his more senior mids were putrid is unfair.

I also see you didn't mention Prestia who has been ordinary for a long time now and is getting away with it. I would actually drop him and make a statement that no matter how senior you are, you are on notice. Too many players are playing on reputation rather than form and that's now been happening for a couple of years.

To me, if you play poorly as a leader of the club, how can you expect the juniors to play well? That's what leaders are supposed to do - lead their more junior teammates by example.

Is that simple enough for you?
Hopper and Vlaustin were our 2 best players by a fair margin. The rest were meh at best and horrible at worst.

Is T dow still around? How things get off topic so quickly faster than my sex life and that's pretty quick lol.
The kid has been talked about a lot about finally showing something even by own teammates. One bad effort and all is forgotten while he had a lot of teammates he is the first on the chopping block. The younger brigade hasn't had any proper gelling one game gone next game comes along gone. They need to be played 4 or 5 games in a row and then make the decision good enough or not. Brown Tresize looked good at the end of the year and where are they now? We are going to get smashed this year so what does it matter if we play more of them?

Is T dow still around? How things get off topic so quickly faster than my sex life and that's pretty quick lol.
The kid has been talked about a lot about finally showing something even by own teammates. One bad effort and all is forgotten while he had a lot of teammates he is the first on the chopping block. The younger brigade hasn't had any proper gelling one game gone next game comes along gone. They need to be played 4 or 5 games in a row and then make the decision good enough or not. Brown Tresize looked good at the end of the year and where are they now? We are going to get smashed this year so what does it matter if we play more of them?
Does Dow keep his spot? Yze has been backing him and selecting him so far and has played well. Campbell in the 22 and Ryan, Gibcus and Banks played. The 4, 5 kids like last year.

Clubs always play players traded in. So no surprise Kosi selected. Naismith for Nank.

Yze has had Grimes, Kmac, Graham, Mansell in his 22. Mansell available again, and a preseason fave. Campbell out?

Yze pulled a few changes at half time and we played a good 3rd qtr. Ryan off. But he's been playing Soldo like 50% TOG. i'd give that to Naism

Balta as No 1 KPF was a shyte show, Kosi didn't do much. I'd have Lynch No 1 Balta 2. Kosi, Ryan OUT

Unless a resting of players Dow is most junior He'll come OUT. Ross to stay super sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Dow keep his spot? Yze has been backing him and selecting him so far and has played well. Campbell in the 22 and Ryan, Gibcus and Banks played. The 4, 5 kids like last year.

Clubs always play players traded in. So no surprise Kosi selected. Naismith for Nank.

Yze has had Grimes, Kmac, Graham, Mansell in his 22. Mansell available again, and a preseason fave. Campbell out?

Yze pulled a few changes at half time and we played a good 3rd qtr. Ryan off. But he's been playing Soldo like 50% TOG. i'd give that to Naism

Balta as No 1 KPF was a shyte show, Kosi didn't do much. I'd have Lynch No 1 Balta 2. Kosi, Ryan OUT

Unless a resting of players Dow is most junior He'll come OUT. Ross to stay super sub.
How can we bring Mansell straight in, 4 changes will be harsh after one game. Nank/Ryan is an obvious one. Lynch/Kosi another. Martin/? do not want to see Dow dropped because he needs some games to get belief, he has upside. Banks did nothing much, but again harsh after one game. Also Ross comes in for sure, 5 changes. Maybe Pickett or Mac out/sub.

Big week at the selection table, this board will be fun tonight.

I married a beautiful woman, and also lose all the debates. Perhaps MR has a point.

There is debating Grrr, and there is a separate thing altogether: debating with your wife.

For guidance on the latter, I can highly recommend Tim Dowling's excellent book How to be a Husband. I refer you specifically to Chapter 4, entitled How to be Wrong. If you read that you will never go right again. :)

That's why latter school days are the best years of your life :)
Totally disagree for some.. my mates were a pack of insecure w***ers that I only friended cos I was trying to fit in not cos I particularly liked them

Totally disagree for some.. my mates were a pack of insecure w***ers that I only friended cos I was trying to fit in not cos I particularly liked them
the telling sign is, who from you high school you still actually speak to.

It's only a couple for me. Blokes I played footy with on the other hand...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back