Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most agree that he needs to be dropped but let's not s**t can the kid.
He isn't going out there to intentionally play poorly.
Dude did you see his effort tho?

Of course he doesn’t mean to play poorly but effort is a choice and he chose not to try as hard as he could have… especially defensively
Completed flaked that

Dude did you see his effort tho?

Of course he doesn’t mean to play poorly but effort is a choice and he chose not to try as hard as he could have… especially defensively
Completed flaked that
I'm not disputing any of that. I just don't want this to turn into a pile on. Its pretty clear that 95% of people here believe he needs to be dropped this week. Let's not assassinate his character on top of everything else.
He is going out there to perform though. It's been 5 years, the harsh criticism is warranted.
Of course it's warranted but I don't want to come in here throughout the week to see hundreds of posts just completely tearing the kid down.
We aren't close to a Jason Castagna situation but we don't want to get close to how that guy was treated on here.

I think most agree that he needs to be dropped but let's not s**t can the kid.
He isn't going out there to intentionally play poorly.
Spot on, he is better than all of us on here. At least he put himself into that position to begin with.

He’s not the future but he is the current. Makes bad decisions, offloads to someone else in a worse position, can’t kick, and doesn’t find a lot of the ball. I expect he will be delisted at year’s end. Here’s hoping for his sake he can turn some of these deficiencies around.
Time for him to become the past along with Hugo and Banks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not disputing any of that. I just don't want this to turn into a pile on. Its pretty clear that 95% of people here believe he needs to be dropped this week. Let's not assassinate his character on top of everything else.
We're talking about his ability to represent the RFC.

I'm sure he's a nice boy from a good family, and may that continue; but when I see him totally lost and bereft of intense effort on the field I get might p!ssed off!!

I'm glad he's had a run of games, but we are losing games of football. Sonsie and Kmac2 played well in the VFL and I'd bring in one of them this week for Hunter S Thomson.
Bring them both in. Might get 10 touches between them but who cares they have genuine talent and need the xp. Thommos ceiling looks like cheap barely competent depth atm.

Interesting.
Everyone wants to see blokes given a run of games, but wants to drop them after two or three.
Pointless, no matter how poorly he has been.
We aren't going anywhere this year, so give him another three, and if as I suspect there'll be little to no improvement, make the call.
We're better finding out what he can do than whatever else K-Mac and Pickett can't do at this point.

Interesting.
Everyone wants to see blokes given a run of games, but wants to drop them after two or three.
Pointless, no matter how poorly he has been.
We aren't going anywhere this year, so give him another three, and if as I suspect there'll be little to no improvement, make the call.
We're better finding out what he can do than whatever else K-Mac and Pickett can't do at this point.
It's not pointless when a kid who can actually play is being kept put of the team because of him.

He’s not like Shane Edwards beyond his build perhaps. He panic hand passes - it’s luck if it goes to a teammate and he can’t tackle. Edwards could.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back